Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Ok, so I guess it would be best to ask the creator of that version concerning the issues you experience. As I don't know what he may have edited additionally to the preset.

Beside of that your log is missing the head information with version, startup parameters, etc.

Out of curiosity, what happened to Rabid Squirrel's same issue, using official version? :f:

What other info do you need, other than rpt log?

Can't say what's with his issue now, as there is no reply since my last answer from his side.

we can't reproduce this issue with the Malden version we've provided.

I need a full server log (with heading and not without).

And concerning your version you use I would need an exact overview of all the made edits which were made. But as I'm working on the next version I can't support any edited version of other publishers in the workshop by review all the things they've made in their special version. So the first person to report issues would be the creator of the version which someone is using.

I'll have a look in your full log, but if it's nothing I can identify there, you should report it to the creator. The Malden version from @Applejakerie works fine and don't throw any errors during our reproduction tries.

I just tried on official build - same thing. Can't provide "more complete" logs, simply because linux server does not generate windows rpt files - what I posted is full log file.

Can provide any additional data though - kids want to play your mission.

Than its maybe an ArmA related thing due to Linux server files. I can't reproduce that error on my machine or on my server.

the log throws some errors right at the start with ArmA related files (Zeus, etc)

anything i can recommend from my side to this is to check the server installment and run the server without any Mods and the vanilla missionfile from apple, to check where the issue might come from.

Concerning what happened to Rabid Squirrel's issue, this was the latest reply and it is pretty much always the issue.

@Rabid Squirrel

Check the server installation.

I can't think of anything at the moment beside of that the server may miss some files.

The last time this issue was shown to us via Discord, it was because the user was using a version of ArmA 3 that was not up to date. We couldn't see this until we had the top, versioning line of his .RPT file. I'm not saying yours is the same but if it is, there's your problem I think. Other points to make would be that the official version is 100% working with no errors, that is most definitely confirmed. You can maybe check your client report and see if there is any more than the few lines you commented. The client .RPT files are produced via the launcher and would not be Windows dependent, I'd guess. But for example, if you took my default mission and that does not run perfectly fine, your server or your own client is missing ArmA 3 data files. Try using Steam to verify the integrity of your game files? Hope this has helped.

Well, I read the reposnse to to Rabid Squirrel before I wrote anything, which is why I at first specified that my files are validated (and as up to date as they can be, I'm on stable branch till linux version gets perf binaries). I do use latest version of client (can you even not?) and I did check official version of the mission (from git release) - it generates same error.

I'm not providing my client log, because rpt spam happens on the server, but I can provide this as well, of course.

Well, good luck then. The mission definitely works as it is, so it must be a server or client issue, sorry.

You're welcome to dump or not dump either .RPT here and we'll of course take a look and help where possible.

I guess it could be connected to the OS of the server maybe.

You could (for cross check) start the dedicated server on your clients machine (which is Windows I guess?) and if you don't encounter errors there, we all can be sure that it has to be something with the OS. Or maybe someone else, who is running Liberation on a Linux server could mention here, if he's running the mission without issues. I'll ask also in our discord, if someone uses a Linux server.

Small Information Update

Just to keep you informed, here's the actual rolling changelog of the 0.96 development state.

• Added: Parameter to disable the skill handling of enemy units. Thanks to veteran29
  • Added: BI Support System functionality.
  • Added: Parameter for access to the Support System -> Disabled, Commander, Whitelist, Everyone.
  • Added: BI Artillery support for artillery vehicles and mortars (if built manned or AI ordered to get in as crew).
  • Added: Chinese Simplified localization. Thanks to nercon
  • Added: Civil Reputation.
  • Added: Config variables for the civil reputation.
  • Added: Reputation penalty for killing civilians.
  • Added: Reputation penalty for seizing civil vehicles.
  • Added: Players can request artillery support from players (generates task).
  • Added: Reputation penalty for destroyed/damaged civil buildings.
  • Added: Mission parameter to choose building penalty for damaged or only destroyed buildings.
  • Added: Reputation gain for liberated sectors.
  • Added: Automatic server restart script for dedicated servers. Thanks to k4s0
  • Tweaked: Terrain aligment will be persistent during repeat building of objects (like walls). Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Some reordering of UI elements.
  • Tweaked: Localization support for the extended options menu. Thanks to nercon
  • Fixed: Player got custom recoil and aiming coefficients on respawn.
  • Fixed: Rare script error on closing respawn screen directly after joining the mission.
  • Fixed: Players could deploy multiple FOBs when they selected deploy fast enough on the same container.
  • Fixed: It was possible to disassemble a mortar in preview.
  • Fixed: Preview vehicles could get saved if you shut down the mission right after canceling the build process or if you'd still the preview in front you.
  • Fixed: Small issues due to the default "hold fire" combat mode for AI.
  • Fixed: Single Infantry units weren't saved sometimes.

More details in the always public GitHub branch of the 0.96 development.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/tree/v0.96

• Like 3

3 days 13 hours Malden 2035 Liberation. Awesome missions and awesome maps.

Does anyone have the problem where when they go to use the logistics menu to make a convoy it says "not enough resources"

-We are using RHS on chernaurus 

-We have the 100 supplies and 100 ammo required plus more

-Only have one FOB

-We have enough storage 

Hopefully someone can fix this problem or at least get to the bottom of it

-Seb

9 hours ago, Sebiv said:

Does anyone have the problem where when they go to use the logistics menu to make a convoy it says "not enough resources"

-Only have one FOB

-We have enough storage 

-Seb

you need to be in the commander slot and have 1990 Supples and 100 fuel. Once at the FOB you can Set one up with the logistics tab.

Create a Convoy with add then assign a truck

Select the Factory or city as A Set like 1million And then choose the FOB you want it sent to.

After thats done you can simply hit confirm

15 hours ago, Sebiv said:

-Only have one FOB

-We have enough storage 

-Seb

You need to be an admin or commander. You click on the logistics interface whilst you're near the local FOB, you click "Add" to create a logistics group and then you click "Assign" to add a truck to that group, clicking "Assign" costs 100 supplies and 100 fuel. This is all that needs to be done to create a convoy. Storage capacity doesn't make a difference to being able to "Assign" a new truck to a logistics group.

Hey Wyqer, thanks for all the updates! I love the new resources. At first i thought it would be like Euro Truck Simulator because my helicopter skills aren´t that great, but then i learned that there is whole logistics section of it and I love it :D. But it'd be great if you added one thing - when you open the logistics menu with all the truck missions you can't (or atleast i don't know why :D) see how many resources you have in your cities - that's kinda bad because i need to open production menu and write all the resources i want transported on paper and then go to the logistics menu.

• Like 1

Hey Wyqer,

a friend of mine told me, this is a cool thing so we searched for a few servers but we couldnt build anything, so i decided to make my own server, it is quiet hard to find stuff, especially for a newbie like me but it works for now... The only thing I can't figuere out is, whether its ment to be or if i just didnt find the option to change it...

My problem is that when everybody is dead in a zone and respawns, the hole AI gets reset and we have to start from the beginning again and again, and to be honest thats not very comfortable, is there a way to change that? Maybe that the AI gets reset after 10 Minutes when nobody is in the area? Because sometimes even when youre in halojump and you are about 1km away (air-distance) you can see the AI respawn...

Thanks for your work, its awesome and really fun to play

Best regards

EvoPanker

• Like 3

@EvoPanker This is a great idea, although 5 minutes might be more suitable. The issue is when you fly over sectors at low distances, or pass them on the ground, you're activating them. Doing this often is going to bog down player servers really quickly, imagine, you're landing in a new sector, you're engaging and meanwhile, the 7 sectors behind you are also spawned, wondering around. I would support a 5 minute cooldown tho, players shouldn't be "passing many sectors" regardless, this defeats the point in a frontline! 

Anyways, I don't have the code edit you want but a perfect example of a workaround is to take a darter (UAV) and when selected, fly it to about 400-500m above the sector and have the turret (camera) aim and lock (CTRL+T) facing the sector. If it behaves you don't even need to fly it, just select it from the UAV terminal, shift and left click where you want it to go, right click the arrowhead for options such as altitude > 500m and behaviour > loiter > 300m. Now it'll fly around the sector at a 300m range remaining at 500m altitude. Locking the camera on the sector just makes the darter useful also.

10 hours ago, Applejakerie said:

@EvoPanker This is a great idea, although 5 minutes might be more suitable. The issue is when you fly over sectors at low distances, or pass them on the ground, you're activating them. Doing this often is going to bog down player servers really quickly, imagine, you're landing in a new sector, you're engaging and meanwhile, the 7 sectors behind you are also spawned, wondering around. I would support a 5 minute cooldown tho, players shouldn't be "passing many sectors" regardless, this defeats the point in a frontline! 

Anyways, I don't have the code edit you want but a perfect example of a workaround is to take a darter (UAV) and when selected, fly it to about 400-500m above the sector and have the turret (camera) aim and lock (CTRL+T) facing the sector. If it behaves you don't even need to fly it, just select it from the UAV terminal, shift and left click where you want it to go, right click the arrowhead for options such as altitude > 500m and behaviour > loiter > 300m. Now it'll fly around the sector at a 300m range remaining at 500m altitude. Locking the camera on the sector just makes the darter useful also.

I have messed with all the settings as far as distance etc and through trial and error we settled on leaving the distance alone. I use 3den enhanced and advanced ai command (all on steam workshop or armaholic). I put one helo down with a crew and with the 3den enhanced make it so crew and helo dont take damage. Using advanced ai command we send the helo in and it flys around the sector keeping it hot. The helicopter buzzing about adds to the immersion of an already excellent mission imo.WIth advanced ai command we control waypoints , altitude, seek and destroy etc so its easy not to activate more than one sector. Theres my 2 cents anyway:)

how do i make the sectors spawn faster? and deactivation delay longer?

also when flying jets i cant see enemies because the actions takes long and/or deactivates fast.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Mr. Lt. You shouldn't as it isn't suitable, reason as stated 2 posts above.

You'll need forces on the ground to keep a sector activated, if that's not suitable for you then use the UAV trick, as stated 2 posts above.

2 minutes ago, Applejakerie said:

@Mr. Lt. You shouldn't as it isn't suitable, reason as stated 2 posts above.

You'll need forces on the ground to keep a sector activated, if that's not suitable for you then use the UAV trick, as stated 2 posts above.

For sure Mr lt.. Even with 2 headless client activating more than a few sectors brings the server to its knees. I been messing with these settings for over a month thinking I could find a work around. The UAV option is the easiest out of the box and works quite well. 

Hmmm i wonder if with ACE if AI are smart enough to Get out of a mortar walk to an ammo Crate to get more ammo or if they'll sit there like pleabian morons with the Automated support moduals.

Also " Tweaked: Terrain aligment will be persistent during repeat building of objects (like walls). "

does this only mean while building? cause i noticed in some places a wall i built the wall had allot of sections randomly jump a foot or change alignment.