Sign in to follow this  
plankton

No radar contacs in AH-9 Pawnee

I'm playing around with the editor, where I fly around and engage hostile Ifrit HMG's and I noticed I no longer get radar contacts (grey boxes in the the top center circle). I know that I can't lock on since the AH-9 Pawnee only has direct fire weapons but I used to be able to target. Is this a bug or did Bohemia change the mechanics? (I guess you would need targeting pod to track targets in real life, so maybe this is part of adding some realism?)

Video from a few years back where the contacts would show up in the radar (probably need to go full screen to see them)

I'm not sure if Bohemia changed the mechanics recently since I imagine that you're playing on stable branch, but I can inform you that currently on dev branch the Pawnee is now only able to target (mark?) "active radar emitters" -- that is, if the crew in anti-air vehicles or aircraft with active radar (currently the attack helos, VTOLs, and the Buzzard) enable their active radar sensors, those vehicles and only those vehicles will appear on the Pawnee's "sensor display" -- and that this will presumably come to stable branch soon with the Jets DLC-accompanying game update, so you may want to get used to visual-only...

• Like 1