Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Unexplained Texture Distortions

I'm having a strange problem I can't seem to get rid of, basically there's weird distortions in my textures.

Example

As you can see in the top pic in buldozer there's distortions, but in the bottom when the textures are viewed in OB everything looks fine.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Assuming you imported this from another program like 3ds Max or Blender, the cause may be because you have UV coordinates outside of the normal UV range for the VR engine.

Do exactly this to isolate the issue.  Open the UV editor window.  Zoom out just enough to drag a box (don't hit ctrl-a) around the main cluster of UV islands.  (If you zoom out so far your UV window starts glitching you zoomed out too far.)  Click on the "Select in Object" button at the top of the UV window.  This selects those polygons in the main Oxygen window.  In the main Oxygen window, invert your selection.  You should have some polygons selected.  Delete these polygons and view your model in buldozer.  If the UV distortion is gone this means those polygons you deleted are outside of the normal UV range and will have to be remapped.

Thanks!

It looks like it was caused by the UVs being spread too far across the UV islands. I've stacked them closer to the origin and it seems like the distortion is almost gone now.

UV pic

• Like 1

No problem!  Glad I could help.  This issue has been the vain of my existence for a long time.  Be sure to check for any other polygons or vertices outside of the normal uv space.