oukej

Tanks - Fire-control system

182 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

There is a BIG difference beetween the proving ground and what tanks can do after 60km on the road, heating upp to 50° inside and after years of usage mannes by conscripts.

The factory test numbers are never achieved by average crews in tanks than are in use for a decade. Spare parts where hard to come by even back then and we usually had to cannibalize for parts.

The reality of an tank batallion is not factory test. We even spend most of our dayds allingning the gun system since it likes to go whacky all the time.

Dont trust factory sheets, thats just advertisment.

The figures I stated are rules of thumb that give the highest kill probabilities. You dont go to the edge of the envelop to make a hit and run attack as an armoured recon platoon. You rely on steath and want to make sure none will be left to report you when you have to make it back to your side of the frontline. Trick shots at long ranges are not the way to go. You are already safe when you can engabe the opponet outside of his effective fire range Ther eis no need to extend it further. Btw, the terrain we trained for was rolling hills with dense forrest...long range shots are not really a thing there.

The training grounds: https://www.google.de/maps/@51.188437,9.7568603,710m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=de

and here: https://www.google.de/maps/@50.886858,9.4169399,5723m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=de

tactics for desert warfare do not work there.

Oh I know that there's a big difference between manufacturer data and army dat a.  The thing is this test was performed by the army. It was one of the requirements for the army.

I understand your PoV, and I agree with many things you said (like the fact you can only know what a tank is really capable of in combat situation, with logistic involved etc)

But here i'm just showing that extremely long range engagement on moving target is possible in correct condition, so shooting a target at 2000m isn't really a problem here, even for late 80's tank.

The main advantage of the Leclerc is not its ability to engage target at stupid long range but to engage many of them while he is moving at high speed on bad terrain (thanks to the autoloader)

I've seen with my own eyes some really impressive stuff done by the Leclerc (at least impressive for my grun eyes), like shooting out two designated target we just called right after jumping out of cover in less time it took me to change my mag...

Are there any plans to change the way artillery is fired?
Interested in the option of shooting without a ballistic calculator.
There is no automatic correction of the barrel when shooting in the visible area of the optical sight.
There is no manual correction of the barrel, when firing beyond the visible scope of the optical sight.
On the optical sight of artillery there are the following quantities:
SOLUTION
- RNG
- TRV
ELEV CTRL
- ELV
- REL
Some of them are determined automatically, but must have manual control. Some have manual control but there is no automatic adjustment.

20170721095626_1.jpg

Sorry i wasnt here for long time and have problems with FCS - after lasing target it shows "max lead" with red letters in left down corrner averytime i want to lase a target - what does it mean? its shows on mission start, and in the middle of it, i cant actually lase any target (distance is measured, but it reset after seconds)

On 9/13/2017 at 6:21 PM, Vasily.B said:

Sorry i wasnt here for long time and have problems with FCS - after lasing target it shows "max lead" with red letters in left down corrner averytime i want to lase a target - what does it mean? its shows on mission start, and in the middle of it, i cant actually lase any target (distance is measured, but it reset after seconds)

Is that in Slammer? The MAX LEAD indicated that the target is going faster than what the FCS can adjust for (for Slammer that would be a target @ > 100km/h IIRC)
What puzzles me is that it shows at all times and that the distance gets reset. What keys do you have the "Lase Range" action bound to?

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Is that in Slammer? The MAX LEAD indicated that the target is going faster than what the FCS can adjust for (for Slammer that would be a target @ > 100km/h IIRC)
What puzzles me is that it shows at all times and that the distance gets reset. What keys do you have the "Lase Range" action bound to?

I had it binded to [\], but now changed to [T]. Problem is, i was standing still and was trying to lase target 300-500M from me (stationary targets). And yes, it was Slammer.

On 17.09.2017 at 10:40 PM, oukej said:

Can you please record a video of it?

You propably will kill me, but today i cannot reproduce it. I didnt changed my mods ( i played it on custom scenarios with vanilla equipment) and today it lase OK, when i was reporting it, everytime it wasnt lase at all. I dont know, if it was loaded wrong or what.