Welcome to my second AEW plane project! 

The A-80, NATO codename "Magician", is an AEW version of the AN-12 transport aircraft.

The goal of this project is to create an AEW plane for the OPFOR factions as a natural counterpart to the E-130 Guardian that I've already released.

Features:

-skins for the main OPFOR faction of arma 3 and CUP

-AEW script

-Firewill AWS system integration

Download:

Mediafire Download v0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/igjk1losu21e292/AN-12_AEW.zip

First WIP screenshots:

sd0exd.jpg

2qluxat.jpg

w89w87.jpg

I have to thanks a lot Sabre[dust] that shared some of his works with me.

Credits:

Helija for the original model

Sabre[dust] for the A3 import and his improvements

• Like 8

Does it come with White Rabbits? :f:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Does it come with White Rabbits? :f:

Yes ahah! and with a fantastic magic wand too :P

• Like 1

some new pics of the Russian Air Force A-80 Magician:

2hckzdv.jpg

259xunr.jpg

2gxmwqv.jpg

and a vintage photo too 

io188y.jpg

• Like 4

FIRST RELEASE

Mediafire Download v0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/igjk1losu21e292/AN-12_AEW.zip

It works just like my E-130J, it can track all the aerial target in the area and then it shares the data to the friendly planes.

Textures:

-Chernaus

-Russian Air Force

-Chdkz

-SLA

263c1zl.jpg

ohkeps.jpg

Can you make it share data about enemy to friendly ground forces too? May be it will be able to actually make APC`s coordinate attacks ? Maybe,add a WP and send troops and vehicles to places from there?

Maybe add a camera pod thing to it and tagg places you want units to move to? 

Keep it coming ! 

• Like 1

I actually saw one land on an airport I was passing today. It flew directly over me just seconds before touching down.

Well not the AEW version but still, what is the chance for that : D

I have made the livery in celebration of this event and will add it into my addon sometime, you can have it too of couse. It's flashy green so probably wont fit in here though : )

btw, really liking that livery with the black belly. looks neat.

• Like 1

Can you make it share data about enemy to friendly ground forces too? May be it will be able to actually make APC`s coordinate attacks ? Maybe,add a WP and send troops and vehicles to places from there?
Maybe add a camera pod thing to it and tagg places you want units to move to? 

Keep it coming ! 

Yeah I think I can make It share the radar contacts with ground units too, maybe with vehicles only! For the other things I have to see if It is possible

Sabre" userid="910873"] I actually saw one land on an airport I was passing today. It flew directly over me just seconds before touching down.
Well not the AEW version but still, what is the chance for that : D
I have made the livery in celebration of this event and will add it into my addon sometime, you can have it too of couse. It's flashy green so probably wont fit in here though : )
btw, really liking that livery with the black belly. looks neat.

Hey mate, sadly I never seen an An-12 in my entire life! However I Will add the new skin for sure ;)

Inviato dal mio XT1572 utilizzando Tapatalk

hye there, as again a wonderfull addon   just a little request  could you include a AAF version   i know the E-130 addon has one but i have an AAF army equiped with older russian equipment and so the A-80 (AAF) would be perfect for this 

Another update from the AEW script overhaul, not the plane signs move with thei directon and the script can also track fired missiles!

Here you can see an air battle from the AWACS point of view:

1o7ibp.jpg

14kjo6x.jpg

ilygki.jpg

2r53lza.jpg

nq5rih.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work! How do you track the missiles that are being fired?

39 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Nice work! How do you track the missiles that are being fired?

Thank you mate! it's quite simple to track the missiles:

_missilesarray = _vehicle nearObjects ["classname",range]; if you use "Missilebase" as the searched classname the script will fill the array with all the object that are using Missilebase as base class (missilebase and its derivates are the base for every missile, so the script can find all of them). Then you just have to create the map marker and it's done :)

Added informations about the speed and the direction of the radar contacts. In these screen you can see the death coming to the awacs

2iurhu8.jpg

i2lqx5.jpg

29eqjck.jpg

2vmbr7n.jpg

• Like 2

Will you add a module that connects Sam sites to the plane,to control them as a defence system for Awacs? Or be able to add some sort of air defence for it?