Bnae

[SOLVED] Animations

Hello

I had enough of trying with luck so i decided to ask here if anyone knows.

Is it possible to get the basic stand and prone (rifle and handgun) idle skeletons from somewhere?

I'm trying to make prone animations from my standing animations and oh boy how the spine and pelvis bones are annoying me.. Basicly the pelvis bone needs to be exactly in the correct position to make the animation smooth as possible.

I kinda did find the position for rifle animations but now i'm having the same issue with handgun animations.

If anyone knows, please answer :)

-Bnae

EDIT

Mask is handsWeapon_pst

Spoiler

W7Ub9EF.png

There are no "skeletons" as such. Not for individual animations. The bones layout you see in a model.cfg for a human is used for all motion. That's the skeleton. The rtms are what contain their positions/rotations. 

Are you creating animations from scratch? The only thing I can imagine working at this point is getting animations into O2/OB and saving out the appropriate frame as a mesh. Then using that as your point of reference to blend naturally between them.

15 minutes ago, Macser said:

There are no "skeletons" as such. Not for individual animations. The bones layout you see in a model.cfg for a human is used for all motion. That's the skeleton. The rtms are what contain their positions/rotations. 

Are you creating animations from scratch? The only thing I can imagine working at this point is getting animations into O2/OB and saving out the appropriate frame as a mesh. Then using that as your point of reference to blend naturally between them.

Hard to explain what i mean. The issue is not the actual animation or how to get animations into game.

The issue is that in the animation the pelvis bone is not in the same position that the original a3 bone is in the idle of the base animation, in this case laydown aim with handgun. This makes the spine "twist" like in the picture.

I would like to know the rotations and locations of the bones but if there is no samples or anything i guess i have to try my luck again.

Thanks

Are you looking to get the default rotations for that particular bone (Pelvis?)?

I'm not sure I can help. But it wouldn't hurt to establish what the question really is. So you can get the right answer. :smile_o:

34 minutes ago, Macser said:

I'm not understanding why there's a twist in the spine bone. Are you importing an animation to edit, and it's coming in that way? 

Are you looking to get the default local rotations for that particular bone, so it's correctly aligned with the rest of the spine? Is that what you're after?

Neither do i understand why there is twist. When i import this with BodyFull mask everything works just fine (of course i would have to move the legs to correct positions aswell)

I cannot understand why the arms are pointing down ingame when clearly they are not in my animation.

Well this is awkward..

I missed a word in my config file and that's why it was using standing animation instead of prone causing the spine to be in different position. Well thats one way to spend 4 hours.

Everything works just fine now!

class CfgMovesBasic
{
	class default;
 	class DefaultDie;
 	class ManActions
 	{
		GestureReloadR1[] = {"GestureReloadR1", "gesture"};
 	};
	class Actions
	{
		class NoActions: ManActions
		{
			GestureReloadR1[] = {"GestureReloadR1","Gesture"};
		};
		class PistolStandActions;
		class PistolProneActions: PistolStandActions
		{
			GestureReloadR1[] = {"GestureReloadR1Prone","Gesture"}; // <--- Missed 'Prone' word here
		};
		class PistolAdjustProneBaseActions;
		class PistolAdjustRProneActions: PistolAdjustProneBaseActions
		{
			GestureReloadR1[] = {"GestureReloadR1Context","Gesture"};
		};
		class PistolAdjustLProneActions: PistolAdjustProneBaseActions
		{
			class PistolAdjustFProneActions: PistolAdjustProneBaseActions
			{