Tisor

Geometry LOD not being animated. Collision not working.

Hi everyone,

I've been struggeling for two days now with this and I cannot find what's going on.

I'm modelling a fire ladder. Everything is animated in the Geometry LOD and all animations are working on the Bulldozer:

8db1789c66c9881fe28a1df774c6a5c8.png

When I go ingame, this animations does not seem to work... well, not at all. I explain:

When I collide the ladder with a building, the ladder crash, so yes, It has geometry.

When I lower down the supports, the ladder is risen in the air, as it should be. So again, geometry is animating.

But when I collide with any of them with the player, I can go through them... like the animation collision has not moved for the geometry... but, why is it colliding with the other objects?

Of course, geometrys are all convex, closed, has correct selection names, etc etc etc.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advanced.

This is another example of what's going on. The ladder is colliding with the concrete block, but when I came closer with the player, I don't collide at all.

c8bc298ecc738d6a1c4ad11c1c37435d.jpg

I may add that when the ladder is not rotated, I mean on its start position, I do collide with it with the player. The problem is when it is moved.

2 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Add weight in the geometry lod 

Of course everypart has weight set...

Is there any minimal weight for collision?

I have added more weight to every part. They were at 25 and now at 100. No success. Same problem.

aha i thought you meant the ARM of the ladder, you mean the FLOOR of the bucket!

add a roadway lod

On 7/3/2017 at 4:10 PM, eggbeast said:

aha i thought you meant the ARM of the ladder, you mean the FLOOR of the bucket!

add a roadway lod

I mean both. In that example is the floor of the bucket but the problem is with all the ladder itself.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for rebumping this but I'm back on this vehicle and still have the same problem. As a Summary, all this things have been checked:

• All parts have mass/weight assigned
  • Geometry is Convex and closed (is made up of boxes)
  • All components are correctly Named (Both ComponentXX and Animated part names)
  • Roadway Lod has been added, and I can walk on the ladder.
  • Geometry PhysX LOD is created also.
  • Geometry, even when extended, does not go further than 20 meters (because of that Arma size limit)

What's happening is that looks like the Geometry LOD is not being animated, because when I extend the supports (the ones that lifts the truck up), I can run trough them with the player, but in another hand the truck is getting lifted.

Also, when turning the ladder retracted, it collides with object. When I extend the ladder, it is not colliding anymore. Is like it only accept 1 animation, not more. If I rotate it on height and on "heading", only heading affects. The translation animation for extension is not recognized. Is so weird.

Has anyone got any problem like this one? Can anyone give some point here?

Thanks.

On 07.08.2017 at 10:27 AM, Tisor said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for rebumping this but I'm back on this vehicle and still have the same problem. As a Summary, all this things have been checked:

• Geometry, even when extended, does not go further than 20 meters (because of that Arma size limit)

What's happening is that looks like the Geometry LOD is not being animated, because when I extend the supports (the ones that lifts the truck up), I can run trough them with the player, but in another hand the truck is getting lifted.

Also, when turning the ladder retracted, it collides with object. When I extend the ladder, it is not colliding anymore. Is like it only accept 1 animation, not more. If I rotate it on height and on "heading", only heading affects. The translation animation for extension is not recognized. Is so weird.

Thanks.

Hello. I have same problem.
I think animation for Geometry works but with wrong LOD proportions collision don't work for unit. But still, I'm not sure.

On 07.08.2017 at 10:27 AM, Tisor said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

I think i found an answer for this issue in this great game...
Probably it's because your bounding box are small and your animated parts go out this bbox. Try to make it bigger (you can add points in memory lod for it).