Sign in to follow this  
toiletuser

new game in arma style

Since no other game publisher ever give me game with abilities like we get in Arma (editor, realism, modding tools, sandbox, graphics...etc.) i'm posting here to see what community thinks and to give BI an a idea for the next game (not arma4, but new game like Take on mars).

Since i'm sim fan (arma, il2, ED) and space enthusiast, i would love to see space sim in arma style. I know new ENFUSION engine will support flight model(FM) and FPS but i don't know could it support procedural generation.

There are new space games coming soon with whole detailed planets created with procedural generation (partly created with procedural generation, partly handcrafted) and i'm sure AAA studio like BI could create it even better but in arma style (something like Star citizen arma but with one star system).

So here is idea:

-star system(sandbox) with few landable planets, space stations and few gas giants:

landable planets:-earthlike planet( with bases, industrial facilities and old outposts)

-desert planet (industrial facilities and old outposts)

-sea planet (submerged stations with submarines)

-few types of spaceships and FM so players could fly from planet to planet and fighting either in ships or in FPS   

- FPS like in ARMA with realistic ballistics  but not with lasers or such, instead with ballistic weapons                                 

-mission editor and modding tools like in Arma

In other words space Arma placed in one star system, again not arma4 (lets Arma 4 follow previous Arma series)

This is in totally the wrong place-Moving to the Offtopic Gaming section. 

"Realistic" (hard SF, exactly opposite to very casual, space opera/fairy tale in space/starwarsey NMS), immersive, full 3D simulation/manager/RPG about scientific expeditions to the stars, where reaching the destination itself is a challenging piece of gameplay, requiring carefull planning and thoughtful logistics... and risky, because estimations, what's there can't be accurate enough. And what's there is procedural. Deeper and in more complex/realistic manner, than NMS' status quo. That's the game of my dreams in this topic. 

And there may be considerable demand on the market, because of more and more exoplanets disoveries, while not possible to actually go there and see - congnitive frustration inducing desire of at least simulated experience. 

5 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

"Realistic" (hard SF, exactly opposite to very casual, space opera/fairy tale in space/starwarsey NMS), immersive, full 3D simulation/manager/RPG about scientific expeditions to the stars, where reaching the destination itself is a challenging piece of gameplay, requiring carefull planning and thoughtful logistics... and risky, because estimations, what's there can't be accurate enough. And what's there is procedural. Deeper and in more complex/realistic manner, than NMS' status quo. That's the game of my dreams in this topic. 

And there may be considerable demand on the market, because of more and more exoplanets disoveries, while not possible to actually go there and see - congnitive frustration inducing desire of at least simulated experience. 

there is elite dangerous, star citizen and upcoming infinity battlescape but none of them don't have editor and modding tools, SC is not out yet and it won't have mission editor

there is elite dangerous

Tried this one, but it's not exactly, what I desire. E: D made me bored pretty fast in fact. And stressed out (no free saves, easy to lost your ship etc). I'm talking more about solitary game about expeditions, in style more like in Interstellar movie or some hard SF books, than Star Trek, not mentioning Star Wars, an hardcore as for "realism"/immersion (not casual) expeditionary and exploring game with survival elements during exploration (hard conditions, malfunctions, nasty surprises). To actually feel that thrill of being first somewhere (after overcoming all the challenges to get there), seeing something as first man (including game devs - thus procedurality), and scientific data as a reward. NMS could be such a game, but it's not, it went deep into casual, colorful, inconsistent... something, and wherever you go, someone is there already - no true discoveries. 

And of course such a game could be perfectly moddable, especially, if will include also colonization aspect. OK, kinda hijacked the thread with own dreams, sorry. 

12 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Tried this one, but it's not exactly, what I desire. E: D made me bored pretty fast in fact. And stressed out (no free saves, easy to lost your ship etc). I'm talking more about solitary game about expeditions, in style more like in Interstellar movie or some hard SF books, than Star Trek, not mentioning Star Wars, an hardcore as for "realism"/immersion (not casual) expeditionary and exploring game with survival elements during exploration (hard conditions, malfunctions, nasty surprises). To actually feel that thrill of being first somewhere (after overcoming all the challenges to get there), seeing something as first man (including game devs - thus procedurality), and scientific data as a reward. NMS could be such a game, but it's not, it went deep into casual, colorful, inconsistent... something, and wherever you go, someone is there already - no true discoveries. 

And of course such a game could be perfectly moddable, especially, if will include also colonization aspect. OK, kinda hijacked the thread with own dreams, sorry. 

no i posted what i would like to see and i would like to know what others imagine as good space sim

yes elite is kind of boring! star citizen concept is great but it's missing offline sandbox mode with editor.

also did you check infinity battlescape, it is coming in release in early 2018. it is one detailed star system with excellant physics but only PVP and maybe later modding tools if game succeed

infinity battlescape

Wasn't even awared, there's such thing. Trailer looks fantastic. That also IS my kind of SF game, as long it will be no reduced to some PVP (that would be a real shame).

1 hour ago, toiletuser said:

So here is idea:

-star system(sandbox) with few landable planets, space stations and few gas giants:

landable planets:-earthlike planet( with bases, industrial facilities and old outposts)

-desert planet (industrial facilities and old outposts)

-sea planet (submerged stations with submarines)

-few types of spaceships and FM so players could fly from planet to planet and fighting either in ships or in FPS   

- FPS like in ARMA with realistic ballistics  but not with lasers or such, instead with ballistic weapons                                 

-mission editor and modding tools like in Arma

In other words space Arma placed in one star system, again not arma4 (lets Arma 4 follow previous Arma series)

That'w exactly the kind of game i'm looking for, though not being too much of a simulation but still being fun (or with several level of realism /difficulty).

10 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

That'w exactly the kind of game i'm looking for, though not being too much of a simulation but still being fun (or with several level of realism /difficulty).

than check out this:

https://www.inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

But it will we pure PvP in start since they are growing studio, and they planning add modding tools and editor later if game succeed, and CEO confirmed FPS will be implemented over time. game is very promising but first need to succeed to keep development of all those features i mentioned in the OT. And has amaizing realism features. that game gave me idea of space arma with single star system.