Sign in to follow this  
Pourteeus

Recording Software

Hello everyone,

So as of lately I've been using the Nvidia ShadowPlay feature to record my arma which performance wise has been working great, unfortunetly I've noticed it does take quite a bit of quality out of the recording even when the settings are set at 1080p. Does anyone know of any good recording software that can hold its quality at 1080p? I've tried DxTory and that also seems to do the same.

PC Specs:

i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 TI 4GB FTW 2.0

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Series @ 3200MHz

• Like 1

You can set the bitrate in your Shadowplay options. Normal YouTube 1080p bitrate is 12mbps. Just experiment a bit to find a good quality to file size ration.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MasterPuffin said:

You can set the bitrate in your Shadowplay options. Normal YouTube 1080p bitrate is 12mbps. Just experiment a bit to find a good quality to file size ration.

I have the bitrate set to the highest it can go. I have a 2TB HDD just for recordings so i'm not worried really about file size i just want the best quality as possible.

Then there is something different wrong. When you use a bitrate above 50 mbps there shouldn't be any noticeable quality loss. What could be, is that your HDD is to slow. Do you own an SSD? If yes record to it instead and copy the files from time to time to your HDD. 

I record on an SSD with 50mbps. Video looks good until you walk through grass, vegetation looks unsharp.

Specs are the same, except the GTX is a 1070 8GB

Sample Video i recorded

Are you transferring the raw video up to Youtube or editing it before hand?

I would get similar effects when using a variable bit option instead of a constant rate when rendering edited video.

@Rich_R Im editing the videos with Sony Vegas 13 before uploading to YouTube.

Then make sure you chose a constant rate but and not variable in the rendering options. This forces Sony Vegas to render consistently.

However, rendering will take longer ;)