anguis

OFP Clean Install - Which Mod(s)?

Hi, folks! After some time away, I'm re-installing OFP, this time via Wine on an Ubuntu Mate laptop (older Core 2 Duo). I'm researching the current state of affairs regarding mods, a fun re-acquaintance with many concepts I've forgotten. It'd be helpful to get input on where things are, right now, and what mod(s) I should apply to vanilla OFP, nowadays, including 1.99 vs. 1.96 considerations. I'm pretty rusty...

What do you all think?

2 hours ago, Marc13Bautista said:

Right now, you could try out extended fx from kenoxite and probably my more vegetation and enter-able buildings addon. Both mods should perform well with a laptop and work well with one another. :thumbs-up:

Thanks! I saw those, earlier - I'll give them a try. Would they work with WW4? I'm seeing a few WW4 mentions/variants - I'm wondering what to go with of them.

20 minutes ago, anguis said:

Thanks! I saw those, earlier - I'll give them a try. Would they work with WW4? I'm seeing a few WW4 mentions/variants - I'm wondering what to go with of them.

Not sure about that. Best talking to kenoxite. :P What I do know is that WW4 (2.5 not extended) is already provided and can be enabled. WW4 EXT is unknown to me.

@anguis Hey man, long time no talk! Yeah, WW4 and WW4EXT are big ones lately. If you want fewer addons, perhaps give @kenoxite's ExtFX as mentioned by @Marc13Bautista above and the Enterable buildings. :) I don't see why they wouldn't work with WW4. I know that ExtFX is great with my mod that I'm working on as well. So definitely give those a try.

I still have all those WGL mod folders on my external for when we played together on your server as well.

Yup, looking at PR Mod, too - both WW4 and ECP versions.