autigergrad

[ALiVE, ACE, COOP, MP] Restrepo

.eJwVw1sKwyAQAMC7eAD3oa6SyxQxYlKSKrr9Kr1

RESTREPO

Steam Workshop Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863134045

*PBO download link and Mods Required are both listed on the steam page above*

In June of 2007, members of the 173rd Airborne Brigade took part in the active patrol and defense of the Korangal Valley of Afghanistan against the Taliban insurgency.

The strongly independent tribes of the Korangal Valley, who have opposed all forms of government other than a council of elders, viewed the U.S. troops as invaders. This created constant tension between the locals and the U.S. military which prevented significant progress against the Taliban. And so, after years of sustained fighting and casualties, the U.S. military closed Korangal Outpost on April 14, 2010, after which the valley reverted to Taliban control. Forty-two American service men died fighting in the Korangal and hundreds were wounded, primarily between 2006 and 2009. Many Afghan soldiers died there as well. The valley has been dubbed "The Valley of Death" by American forces.

This campaign allows you and your friends to take part in this effort as members of the 173rd Airborne.

If you are unfamiliar with my missions....then you have been missing out!! No seriously...if you are not familiar with my missions, my focus is on long term, persistent campaigns using the ALiVE mod framework. For more information on how ALiVE works and how to play visit www.alivemod.com.

Features include:
-Persistence enabled
-Headless Client support enabled
-An Insurgency style campaign with IEDs, suicide bombers, advanced civilian interaction, and Insurgent weapon caches and installations
-Ambient traffic, animal herds
-Custom images and sounds including authentic afghan billboards, posters, etc. and authentic middle eastern sounds and radio broadcasts from my Ambient sounds packs.
-Multiple respawn points, including a moveable spawn point
-Virtual Arsenal, Helo Spawner, Troop spawner
-Full Logistics support, including reinforcements, supplies, etc.
-Automated Close Air Support and Helo Transport
-Other cool stuff

*NOTE* All of my missions are built with my own clan in mind and catered to. That being said, we use ACE Advanced medical in our missions, which is what this mission is set to. If you don't like Advanced Medical, ACE, etc...you are more than welcome to download the pbo, open it in your editor, and adjust to your liking. I will not be removing any of these if requested. 

I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 4

MISSION UPDATE 9/18/2017: Turned auto tasking ON for players who wish to have more guidance on mission objectives (you can turn this off easily in the ALiVE Commander Options in game) Fixed errors due to ARMA and ALiVE updates. Tweaked mountain camp settings. Adjusted logistics insertion point. Mission tested in both editor and on dedi with no issues. Dropbox PBO has been updated as well. As always folks, I hope you enjoy it.

21 hours ago, autigergrad said:

MISSION UPDATE 9/18/2017: Turned auto tasking ON for players who wish to have more guidance on mission objectives (you can turn this off easily in the ALiVE Commander Options in game) Fixed errors due to ARMA and ALiVE updates. Tweaked mountain camp settings. Adjusted logistics insertion point. Mission tested in both editor and on dedi with no issues. Dropbox PBO has been updated as well. As always folks, I hope you enjoy it.

Oh no another mission of yours seems to be borked on Steam.

Any chance that you could fix IT?

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

1 hour ago, domokun said:

Oh no another mission of yours seems to be borked on Steam.

Any chance that you could fix IT?

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

Restrepo works fine.  I just checked.  PBO link is valid as well.

6 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Restrepo works fine.  I just checked.  PBO link is valid as well.

OK my bad. Works fine now. I suspect something borked over at Valve's end.

Thanks for your hard work and fine missions.

hello there.

I am struggling to get my dedicated server to save the progress. I use tadst to setup a ds on my local network. I think it is a general issue with understanding how saving works in the alive mod and I would ask on the alive forums but since I am testing with your mission and I am not sure if you set up something that prevents my "save method" from working so I thought I'd ask here first. So I have persistence enabled in tadst and I use "Server Save & Exit" from the "esc" menu. that disconnects everyone but after a restart the progress is gone. Since we respawn in the original spawns and all the zones are red again I think there is no progress saved. I do currently not use the warroom/@aliveServer mod.

1) is my assumption of the red/green zones as a progression indicator correct?

2) is the only way to get saving working to either edit your mission or use the "cloud-save" way or am I missing something else?

thx for your missions!

War Room is ceasing in a couple days. Unpack the mission, open it in the editor, open the Data module and set “cloud” to “local.” Now when you save in the esc menu it will save locally to your profile.

• Thanks 1

I'll be switching all of my missions on Steam to Local, as well as the pbo I link on dropbox.

• Like 1