jcae2798

Multiple Missions MOD

Hi all.  So i've been working on a project getting close to release, and am now struggling with trying to do the following.  I am hoping it's possible.

SO i have about 5 different mission versions, where all of them share the same file structured scripts, including both the INIT.sqf and Description.ext.  I think i got it somewhat working, but having issues getting the mission to load the Description.ext i think?  Reason i say this is during mission load, GUI is not loading, and i can tell its because the description.ext #include calls are not being executed.  Also the description file has code to enable the console option, and this is not available in mission.  Below is the config.cpp file from MOD,  Any ideas?

class CfgMissions
{
	class Missions
	{
		// Mission subfolder (optional, mission can be defined straight away)

class JCae_Altis
			{

directory = "Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\RandomMissions1.Altis";

#include "\Missions\RandomMissions\description.ext"
			};

};
};

Entire folder structure is like:  @MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\Missionfolder.Altis where description is in the root of first mission folder.

If it's not possible to load the description from outside the root of mission folder, how can #included from folders outside the root direction?  For example:

In description.ext, i have it including 'GUI.HPP' which is found in following folder:

@MOD\Mission\Randommission\GUI\gup.hpp

Since mission is following path, how can i get the description to look at prior directories?

@MOD\Mission\Randommission\Missions\Mission1.altis\description.ext

Reason this is importing is i have multiple mission folders all using the same shared directory files.  Trying to avoid coping the same files into each mission folder to save space...only if this is even possible...

Thanks for taking a look

IS everyone confused on what i am asking?  Because i'm even a bit confused on trying to explain it,,,  :(

Will try to expand one more time...

I have the following missions for example:

@MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\Missionfolder.Altis

@MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\Missionfolder.Tanoa

@MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\Missionfolder.Takistan

etc..

In the root of the missions, i have a ton of folders and scripts that are used for these missions.  All of them use the same files.  So rather then coping all this shared data into each mission folder, I am trying to leave it in a shared directory prior to the mission folders, for example: @MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\

The problem is when i run a file from the mission folder, i cannot seem to make it look in prior directories where the shared scripts are.  So when trying to run @MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\Missions\Missionfolder.Altis\begin.sqf and have it call @MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\runme1.sqf, since the Begin.sqf is deeper into the folder structure, i cannot make it look back at @MOD\addon\Missions\RandomMissions\runme1.sqf,

No sure if this helps, or makes it worse trying to understand.  Thanks again.

Don't really have time to look deeper into this issue but..

@MOD\addon

should probably be

@MOD\addons

You can use this to "go backwards" in a path.

..\

Though a full path is usually more desirable : https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/sys_orbatcreator/CfgFunctions.hpp#L7

PBOPrefix files are used to set the "path" to a mod component

• Like 1

As always, thanks Spyder.  Been playing with it now for a few days and getting closer by the hour...lol  seriously...by the hour.  Anyhow it will eventually come through.  Once i figure it all out, i'll post some results here in case it helps others.  Writing this config files drive me crazy.