sama

Windows and sections

Hello all

When adding windows to my building ,I have the  one plane which is textured and looks good(using vanilla window set rvmat and window _ca  from a3/structures f) .I then copy and paste it and press W in OB to reverse the face and thus have a window with two sides.I notice the texture  section count increases as each textured window plane is added.So if you have a building with 20 windows and each window is represented by 2 textured  planes you have 40 sections? Which surely isn't good.?Is there something I'm missing? I notice the sample test house has 7 sections only but dosent have proper textures applied.Obviously section count varies with the complexity of the model but what's an average figure for a house.?

not sure why it adds sections to your p3d to be honest. the same _ca and rvmat used in a single .p3d should always count as 2 sections (one for the texture and one for the material)

for a structure i usually have:
5-7 sections.

• Like 1

Try merging each of the corners vertexs. But yea like pufu says. It's weird it's adding sections

edit- so you end up with one double sided face

• Like 1

Sometimes OB doesn't reduce the section count correctly.

Try this:

In the Resource Library window, select a texture from the current LOD (select in object).

Ctrl C to copy.

D to delete faces.

Points, Select Isolated. Delete.

Ctrl V to paste.

This often fixes the Section count so that your 20 windows of 2 textures x 1 material only results in 2 sections, rather than 40.

• Like 1

After deleting and trying again today   it is counting sections as it should..really strange.Thanks for replys.