Ian Bones

Changing the rebreather mask-moddel via config.cpp?

Hello community,

over the past few days I wrote a number of small config changes which work really fine so far. Yesterday I finished the rebreather with the mask permanently on the face. Nothing big you might think but for me it was quite some time of trial and error until reaching this stage and it works:

Spoiler

class CfgWeapons
{
	class VestItem;
	class V_RebreatherB;

class V_ECOM_RebreatherB: V_RebreatherB
	{
		scopeArsenal = 2;
		displayName = "Rebreather [1st ECOM]";
		author = "Ian Bones";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\characters_f\common\data\diver_equip_nato_co.paa","\A3\characters_f\common\data\diver_equip_nato_co.paa","\A3\characters_f\data\visors_ca.paa"};
		class ItemInfo : VestItem
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\equip_rebreather";
			vestType = "Rebreather";
			containerClass = "Supply0";
			mass = 80;
		};
	};
};

Now a thing came to my mind: Is it possible via config.cpp to exchange the rebreather-mask with the mask of the Pilot Helmet [NATO] (class: "H_PilotHelmetFighter_B") to make it look more like this, this or that?

The thing is, I'm very new at writing config addons and I have no clue about hidden selections (what I think needs to be reconfigured in order to get my desired result, but I may be wrong) and I like to not only know what needs to be changed but also why.

So if one of you guys would spend you precious time on explaining to me if and how this could work, I would be very thankfull.

(if i understood correctly what you want to attempt) you cant, the mask is inside the helmet model, and you cant pull off individual pieces and use them elsewhere.

how does that work when underwater, as the mask only appears when entering water, as it has a "hide" "unhide" selection on it?

As x3kj has intimated, the Pilots helmet comes as a complete unit, you'd have to have access to the source files to be able to manipulate the mask into a selection.

Not 100% sure but didn't A2 have a pilot with an O2 mask? that you could port from there into A3?

@x3kj hm, okay. Thats kinda dissappointing but reasonable Thank you anyways.

@road runner I don't exactly know how, but it works. Like I wrote: Trial and error. I tried to only use what was really needed, took some stuff from different config addons, deleted what was in my oppinion unnessesary until this point.

I have no interest in porting stuff from A2. Right now I focus on config-changes to keep the pack I'm working on as small as possible. Thanks for your answer.

• Like 1

It wont add that much f a size to your addon Ian, as it's only a helmet & Mask, once binarised, it'll be pretty small, to be honest I looked around the A2 files I have and don't think the Pilot has a mask so it's kind of moot anyway.

Keep us informed as to how you get on as I like the concept.

@road runner Don't want to disappoint you but I don't have Arma 2 and since it is not possible by just writing a config addon I wont put any more efford into it, sorry.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ian Bones said:

@road runner Don't want to disappoint you but I don't have Arma 2 and since it is not possible by just writing a config addon I wont put any more efford into it, sorry.

Don't worry, its was the off chance to get you a helmet with an O2 mask as a separate selection, is what I had in mind.