1 hour ago, duda123 said:

Ok thanks - I will try in a few hours.

Maybe its my harddrive, the last few days it shows some rapid aging with many bluescreens... will replace it soon with a newer one.

Loving this, just went for a sedate journey round Tanoa....:don15:

• Like 1

Dumb question but is this server side only or both server and client?

Diesel

1 minute ago, diesel tech jc said:

Dumb question but is this server side only or both server and client?

Diesel

Server side.

If you wait a few mins I've got a new version that improves some of the train's jumpiness people were seeing. Also adds in Cruise Control by pressing C. If you get out with CC enabled, the train keeps on moving :)

• Like 2

Steam is updated with a new version.

- Added cruise control (thanks for the idea Viper!). Press C while driving to enable/disable cruise control. While enabled, the train will maintain it's current speed (even if you get out of the train!).

- Reduced jumpiness some players were reporting while driving.

- Improved attachment visuals so the cars don't start slightly off center when attaching.

• Like 3

Have you seen the latest devbranch update? It seems like someone at BIS likes your mod. :) 

2 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Have you seen the latest devbranch update? It seems like someone at BIS likes your mod. :) 

"Added: Animations for wheels of locomotives and railroad cars, and lever and switch blades of railroad switches, for use by scripts (mainly the animateSource command). The names of animation sources can be found in config viewer (available in context menu in Eden Editor)."

Sweet - animated wheels!

• Like 3

Train Controls

Train Actions:

While outside of a train, there are a few actions you can perform. Look directly at the train to get these possible actions:

• Get in Train as Driver: When looking at a train engine, you'll get this option to become the driver of the train. See train driver controls below.
  • Disconnect Car: When looking at a car connected to a train, you'll get this option. This will disconnect the car from the train. The train cannot be moving.
  • Ride Train: When looking at a train car (attached to a train someone else is driving) you'll get this option to ride the train. See train passenger controls below.

Train Driver Controls:

• Move Forward (defaults to W key): Speed up the train
  • Move Backward (defaults to S key): Slow down the train
  • Turn Left (defaults to A key): Controls track switching. Hold "Move Left" as you pass an intersection to direct the train down the left-most path.
  • Turn Right (defaults to D key): Controls track switching. Hold "Move Right" as you pass an intersection to direct the train down the right-most path.
  • Enabled / Disable Cruise Control (C key): When enabled, the train will maintain it's current speed automatically (even if you jump out of the train!)
  • Break (B key): A faster way to slow down your train besides holding down the Move Backwards key
  • Exit Train (delete key): Exit the current train

Note: If you don't hold left or right while passing an intersection, the train will choose the path that requires the least amount of turning.

Train Passenger Controls:

• Exit Train (delete key): Exit the current train

Train Placement

Train objects can be placed on any tracks, including custom tracks. The train must be placed on top of the track. It's not important that the train object lines up perfectly. As long as it's on top of the track, it will work. All existing trains on the Tanoa map will work as-is.

Currently, all of the train objects from APEX and CUPS are supported.

Track Placement

Custom track objects can be placed via the editor on any map. They can also connect on to the existing tracks placed on Tanoa. Only the track objects included with APEX are supported.

1. All tracks must be terminated with the track termination object. If you don't do this, the train won't be able to follow your track that has no termination.

track_placement_1.jpg

2. Intersections must use the intersection track objects. Intersection track objects can be place on top of other tracks. You cannot create intersections using straight or curved tracks.

track_placement_2.jpg

• Like 8

I've tried the latest version and it seems to work well, except I couldn't get cruise control to work. I'm using A2 settings for controls so maybe I need a different key for it...

I had a buddy try it and he said it was pretty choppy.

I'm running Epoch so duda123 was kind enough to give me this to place in my CfgRemoteExec.hpp:

Spoiler

class ATRAIN_fnc_unregisterTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; };
class ATRAIN_fnc_registerTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; };
class ATRAIN_fnc_updateTrackMap { allowedTargets=2; };
class ATRAIN_fnc_hideTrainObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; };
class ATRAIN_fnc_hidePlayerObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; };

Was fun touring Tanoa by train.

Working with Aussie on some custom A2 tracks:

• Like 5

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131084392

OK A couple of small things, probably limitations or things which weren't thought of.

1. Having multiple "engines" when getting in another one it warps you to the original one you got in. So having a Engine or locomotive at either end I was being warped to the original Engine/Locomotive I got in at the other end.

2. If you have two trains on the go, they can pass though each other with no collision or hitching together. I set one of on cruise control then got in another and they didn't join up while in motion. Even stopping one they wouldn't hitch up.

Otherwise was very smooth and no issues really.

• Like 1

@duda123 hey, found out it was cup wich caused the crashes... I reinstalled it and now it works

Will you give the T448P its original speed (70kmh)?

Could you add an emergency brake system? or a break in general? for the nomal break you could use b and for the emergency break e.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, in005 said:

Will you give the T448P its original speed (70kmh)?

Could you add an emergency brake system? or a break in general? for the nomal break you could use b and for the emergency break e.

Sure - how fast do you think b and e should deaccelerate?

There are some tests wich engines and how long their break way is, wich is depending on ho much weight they are carrying and etc...   here is a little list with an normal engine in germany and its allowed brake way:

10 km/h

4 m.

20 km/h

15 m.

30 km/h

35 m.

40 km/h

62 m

50 km/h

96 m

60 km/h

139 m

70 km/h

189 m

80 km/h

247 m

90 km/h

313 m

100 km/h

386 m

110 km/h

467 m

120 km/h

556 m

130 km/h

652 m

140 km/h

756 m

150 km/h

868 m

160 km/h        

988 m

I think you will not have any faster trains in your mod, but I can give you a list for up to v max 330 kmh.

Those ways in the list could be the way for the emergency break, because for normal breaks you have in general other distances, because signals are leading you, but here we could say to add a 25-50% longer way.

So it would look like this:

10kmh   4m    instead  (25%)  5m    or  (50%)  6m

Maybe its possible for you to calculate the break time. And in the end you need to block breaking with w or s...

• Like 2

1A64DB91106DB716BB0A8622EDABDC39C2C5B3B5

Place a custom switch onto an already existing rail, tried to use it, but it wont get recognised by the mod...  Instead it spamms my rpt with this:

20:22:59 Error in expression <_getTrackMapConnection;
[_mapConnection select 2, _trainDistanceFromFront, true,>
20:22:59   Error position: <select 2, _trainDistanceFromFront, true,>
20:22:59   Error Nullteiler
20:22:59 File \ATS_AdvancedTrainSimulator\functions\fn_advancedTrainSimulatorInit.sqf [SA_fnc_advancedTrainSimulatorInit], line 1642
20:22:59 Error in expression <_getTrackMapConnection;
[_mapConnection select 2, _trainDistanceFromFront, true,>
20:22:59   Error position: <select 2, _trainDistanceFromFront, true,>
20:22:59 File \ATS_AdvancedTrainSimulator\functions\fn_advancedTrainSimulatorInit.sqf [SA_fnc_advancedTrainSimulatorInit], line 1642
20:22:59 Error in expression <ntPointDirection = _frontAlignmentPoint select 1;
private _rearAlignmentPoint = >
20:22:59   Error position: <select 1;
private _rearAlignmentPoint = >
20:22:59 File \ATS_AdvancedTrainSimulator\functions\fn_advancedTrainSimulatorInit.sqf [SA_fnc_advancedTrainSimulatorInit], line 1760

• Like 1

23 hours ago, duda123 said:

... - Added cruise control (thanks for the idea Viper!).

Its all your hard work, thanks for the testing session! VIPeR [TG-SRU] 

New version published of the private steam workshop item:

Here are the changes:

• Added breaking key (B) to slow down faster than holding "move backwards".
  • Increased max speed for the CUPS trains (70mph)
  • Updated track termination objects to support being placed either direction
  • Fixed HUD not appearing on screen
  • Enabled train collisions with non-train objects
  • Improved train acceleration calcs
  • Added debugging flag (set ATRAIN_Track_Debug_Enabled = true in init.sqf) to help track down issues with track detection.
  • Additional support for custom tracks/trains (for Aussie)

• Like 4

At this point, I think it's been pretty well tested - thanks everyone for the help! Still a few small issues, but I think it's good enough for release.

Will be publishing to steam tomorrow

• Like 3

I tested the latest and it seems to work great.

I could use cruise control and the speed is much nicer. It also seemed to run smoother too.

Very nice work.

• Like 2

Derailment on Tanoa be like: "rail wat dis?"

46D280C511602A52BA798A216B8DAC5BFEDE7C02

E8687293364839FF5A6B852BA7ED068E3E67BFD3

C24A46E5D98868208EFEA97F00B08EE5760E1952