On 28/01/2017 at 11:50 PM, duda123 said:

You can just place them in the editor. Trains will automatically detect and follow the tracks as they move.

Is that the same for points as well? Can we uncouple from wagons? 

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Is that the same for points as well? Can we uncouple from wagons? 

Not sure what you mean?

3 minutes ago, duda123 said:

Not sure what you mean?

I think he asks is there a way to disconnect train wagons. Like if you wanted to export something to another area. Tanoa Train Simulator?

29 minutes ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

I think he asks is there a way to disconnect train wagons. Like if you wanted to export something to another area. Tanoa Train Simulator?

Exactly that, but i guess this maybe out of scope of the addon.

27 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Exactly that, but i guess this maybe out of scope of the addon.

You'll be able to get out of your train and disconnect the train cars behind your engine. Is that what you were wondering?

To connect a train car to your engine, you have to back up into it with the engine. It will then auto-connect to your train. Disconnecting has to be done in person by getting out of the engine and walking over to train car.

• Like 3

Sorry to say my train crash video wasnt cinematic enough for the video contest. If I have time I'll work on a better one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duda123 said:

You'll be able to get out of your train and disconnect the train cars behind your engine. Is that what you were wondering?

To connect a train car to your engine, you have to back up into it with the engine. It will then auto-connect to your train. Disconnecting has to be done in person by getting out of the engine and walking over to train car.

Yep thats the information i was after. 

Status update: I'm currently working on track switching at the moment. As you drive your train into a split, the train will by default take the path requiring the least amount of turn. However, if you hold down left/right as you pass over the split, the train can be redirected down the left/right most paths. This will support track splits placed anywhere on the track. For instance, you will be able to place a split track object onto the existing tanoa track. The train can then be directed down your custom path by holding right/left. You could even create a 3-way split by placing 2 split objects on top of each other (one pointing left, the other pointing right). The train would by default head down the center track. However, you can press right/left to head down the other paths.

• Like 5

Didn't even know this was a thing, great work, can't wait for this!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, haleks said:

Duda, you're one hell of a sorcerer!

Perhaps we can have Ravage with Trains :f:

• Like 2

Another awesome mod to add to the list of awesome mods brought to us by Duda... and all server side which helps a lot!

• Like 2

Here's the latest update video. Shows a visualization of the track mapping logic. It generates a node graph of the Tanoa tracks (each intersection / end point is a node - there are 100 on Tanoa) The markers you see in the video are the paths in-between the nodes. Follows editor-placed tracks as well. This graph is then used for train positioning, switching tracks and route finding (e.g. find shortest train path from point A to B). All of this node graph data is calculated in ~15 seconds.

• Like 5

The automatic mapping of the tracks is REALLY impressive.

Does it work on any other maps apart from Tanoa?

What about CUP maps and/or Icebreakers?

Also what interaction is possible? Just AI driving train? Or can players hijack the train? Also can the train and/or tracks be damaged?

1 hour ago, domokun said:

The automatic mapping of the tracks is REALLY impressive.

Does it work on any other maps apart from Tanoa?

What about CUP maps and/or Icebreakers?

Also what interaction is possible? Just AI driving train? Or can players hijack the train? Also can the train and/or tracks be damaged?

Will work on any map. Currently only supports the track objects from Tanoa, but will look into supporting other track objects. However, if you place some tanoa tracks on another map in

editor, it will detect and follow them.

Primary interaction allows players to drive the trains and switch tracks at intersections by holding left/right while driving. Other players can ride along in other cars.

Probably won't support AI driven trains for the first release.

Tracks can't be damaged, but planning on ways to derail a train - e.g. train moving too fast around corner, driving off the end of the track, hitting a large object on the track, explosives on track. Not sure what I'll include in first release.

• Like 6

Asking for updates/release date posts which are deemed spam have been removed. Further posts will occur forum infractions. 

Considering the lack of proper train mods for ARMA 3, something like this is incredible, and I look forward to it being done soon.  As a question though: while you've mentioned potentially adding compatibility for other track pieces, is it possible to use different train models as well?  I ask because this would be awesome to implement on Chernarus, as buddies of mine are setting up an exile server and I'd love to get the train moving.

Here's the latest version. Improved track switching using the graph generated in update 5. Some of the MP logic has been added.

Few details on MP:

• The server auto-generates the track map and sends the data to clients. Supports multiple disconnected track maps. Maps get generated on the fly by the server once you get in a train.
    • Tanoa track map (32km of track) takes ~15 seconds to generate or ~1min if the map is loaded for the first time on the server.
  • Clients not driving the train will see a local-only version of the train - this should eliminate any jumpiness. The driving client only sends a distance from known point on track and train velocity every few seconds. All other clients simulate the train movement using local-only train objects.

• Like 8

I gotta start adding track to Australia. Fantastic work it ticks all the boxes well done!! 

• Like 3