20 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Thanks guys! Just a small update on today's progress:

And a question regarding the equipment of Russian Airborne Troops: How common were 6B13 vests in these units during the Second Chechen War?

Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see a russian soldier with a baseball cap in real life. So if I'm wrong ignore this post. I mean the guy on the second screen with camo SVD Dragunov.

Or is this just a placeholder?

So sorry it's no criticsim but I like to help with that things I can.

But your mod is so awesome! It's "just" retextures but it looks very great and I'm searching for the old russian stuff like you make. Thanks!

2 hours ago, bolo861 said:

Variability isn't a strong side of military units. Yet somehow when I am looking at any kind of photographic material regarding First and to a degree Second Chechen War no two soldiers look alike. Even in case of only uniforms not much uniformity, for example right now I am staring at photo of convoy in the mountains and squad of VDV on their BMD track wears mix of VSR, Flora, Afghanks M88 and anything in-between.

Regards.

Chechen Wars was sort of shamefull episodes of Russian Military.USSR been collapsed,unxepected conflic,a moron alcoholic,called president... a lots of things happened this time.

First Chechen war - army was sort of whore house.Lesser skilled battle-prooven soldier and a meatshield of conscripts,who almost had no training at all.And since this camo been adopted this year - it's explains,why people used such various types camo.

Second Chechen war - this actually end in 2009,and also at beginning of it they,new camo been adopted.Old Soviet camo been used cuz it's still was at storages and finances for military was not enough.

Lack of standart usually means this military in bad condition.And it was.

Except special forces.They just take what they want.

11 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Variability isn't a strong side of military units.

Every military unit trying to make everyone look similar,but exists exceptions.As example - in my Training company we had various types of armor vests,starts from 6B12 and up to 6b23.Camo also varies.It was 2013 btw.

But then I'll go to serve into rifle company,we had similar weapons(AK-74M/RPK-74M),similar vests of single color,similar helmets.Literally only one battalion been equipped with diffirent weapons(AKS-74,RPK-74),but it was fully equipped with it,they had no AK-74Ms at all.

Better make everyone similar than make everyone unique.It's closer to reality.

So, this means you served after the reform of the Russian Army began in 2012. Judging from photos, I’m pretty sure things were a bit different in the early 2000’s, especially in a war zone (like you wrote in your last post). Anyway, I’m trying to steer a middle course here: Most of the soldiers will get the same uniform (VSR or Flora) but the helmet covers and vest patterns will differ somewhat and anyone can change the loadout according to their personal favors.

OMON forces:

WUCOdhe.jpg

Motorized Rifle Troops (early war):

r1aiSqX.jpg

Airborne Troops (early war):

xRUnqgj.jpg

Airborne (late war):

spkhYOO.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good mate, I've been wanting to make a proper Chechen war scenario for quite a while now. So thank you very much for these. Really appreciate it.

if you don't mind me asking, what map is that in the first screenshot?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Looking good mate, I've been wanting to make a proper Chechen war scenario for quite a while now. So thank you very much for these. Really appreciate it.

if you don't mind me asking, what map is that in the first screenshot?

Thanks! It's the winter version of the Chernobyl map.

• Like 1

need RPKs for full immersion :P

I know RHS yet not make this,but still.Probably makes sence to ask Toadie for share their RPKs,and then reconfig it for usage RHS ammo,sounds etc etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dumm dummer said:

fingolfin

can add OMON forses headdress black beret

Thanks for the pictures, it's definitely on my list.

31 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

need RPKs for full immersion :P

I know RHS yet not make this,but still.Probably makes sence to ask Toadie for share their RPKs,and then reconfig it for usage RHS ammo,sounds etc etc.

Actually, my plan is to add an optional pbo including RPK units to the add-on (using Toadie's AK pack). This way people who don’t want to use them and keep the requirements to RHS only don’t have to.

• Like 4

Good job! But i see wrong insingnia on uniform. 

In First Chechen War airborne troops had used Soviet VDV chevron.

boycy_vdv1.jpg

127746_original.jpg

1336818884_55.jpg

6xdECi4gb-8.jpg

[\spoiler]

I Second Chechen War, VDV had used chevron with flag

76th Guard Air Assault Division near from Hill 776, 2000

2902121.jpg

G3GPJYm-jDY.jpg

fsp6SB5D7fU.jpg

[\spoiler]

Pay attention on form of flag on chevron.

Chevron with corner flag had used in First Chechen and early Second Chechen wars.

438754761_enl.jpg

This sevron used in early Second Chechen war too, but in late more

03shvr-700x700.jpg

That chevron never use in VDV, because it non official handmade.

vdv_emb_n6708.gif

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Actually, my plan is to add an optional pbo including RPK units to the add-on (using Toadie's AK pack). This way people who don’t want to use them and keep the requirements to RHS only don’t have to.

The problem is - addons incompatiblity.It's gonna be bad situation,when you won't be able to use RHS AK mags in NIA RPKs.Another point - diffirent sounds of same weapons.

At least this must match IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pan Samogon said:

The problem is - addons incompatiblity.It's gonna be bad situation,when you won't be able to use RHS AK mags in NIA RPKs.Another point - diffirent sounds of same weapons.

Actually NIarms AKs have optional compatibility config that allows usage of RHS ammo, VOG grenades, attachments and other way around, ammo and stuff from RHS AKs can be used with Toadie s AKs. It actually works very well I am using it constantly in  conjunction with Bashar s Soviet Troops.

Regards. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bolo861 said:

Actually NIarms AKs have optional compatibility config that allows usage of RHS ammo, VOG grenades, attachments and other way around, ammo and stuff from RHS AKs can be used with Toadie s AKs. It actually works very well I am using it constantly in  conjunction with Bashar s Soviet Troops.

Regards. 

Yeap,I know that.Partially it's solve the problem.Diffirent sounds is also might be annoying.Since RHS and NIA uses diffiren sound configs - create patch for NIA to share RHS sounds is seems impossible.NIArms weapon will have no sound.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Collaborationist said:

Good job! But i see wrong insingnia on uniform. 

In First Chechen War airborne troops had used Soviet VDV chevron.

Thanks for your advice! These two are already made, I will change the ones on the VDV units but keep them in for players to select via the insignia system.

EciguEV.jpg

Also, when did these VV patches became common?

L9tpP0D.jpg

14 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

7 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Yeap,I know that.Partially it's solve the problem.Diffirent sounds is also might be annoying.Since RHS and NIA uses diffiren sound configs - create patch for NIA to share RHS sounds is seems impossible.NIArms weapon will have no sound.

Sorry, but I won’t put a lot of afford into a workaround for one minor issue that becomes obsolete as soon as RHS adds a RPK to their mod. I'll use Toadie's RHS compatibility config so I can use the RHS magazines and this has to be good enough for the moment.

• Like 2

fingolfin, VSR-93 camouflage must be vertical, but you put it horizontally. And why don't you use RHS variation of this camo?

• Like 1

Soldiers of Internal Troops had another chevron.

On right arm - district.

On left arm - chevron of Internal Troops

%D0%92%D0%92-700x700.JPG

zsRyt024n7w.jpg

M2Jxhtvl2Bs.jpg

zhivT1nVKoY.jpg

• Like 1

About VDV

I see photo only with chevron "Rossiya: Vooruzhennie Sily"

Mr8iV0Dqfm8.jpg

U2I7dr8VERM.jpg

[\spoiler]

And your chevron of Soviet VDV wrong.

look at star on center. It was non red.

shevron-vozdushno-desantnyh-voisk-1042-B

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temon said:

fingolfin, VSR-93 camouflage must be vertical, but you put it horizontally. And why don't you use RHS variation of this camo?

To be honest, I’ve never been too happy with the VSR camo pattern. So, I’ve redone it completely and added two versions to resemble the many different color schemes that can be seen on the pictures of the Chechen Wars.

1w8Nywb.png

5 hours ago, Collaborationist said:

Soldiers of Internal Troops had another chevron.

On right arm - district.

On left arm - chevron of Internal Troops

Thanks, I will add this patch.

4 hours ago, Collaborationist said:

About VDV

I see photo only with chevron "Rossiya: Vooruzhennie Sily"

And your chevron of Soviet VDV wrong.

look at star on center. It was non red.

Redone, thanks.

• Like 4

fingolfin, Now on new pictures camo scheme is right, i like different colour variations of it. Maybe you can add MVD units with "oreh" camouflage ?

rus8c9a189f8801cd49.jpg

3272662.jpg

Nice VSR camo. I like it, but honestly for VDV guys, under uniform should be white - light blue telnyashka.

TNZtPIH.jpg

2 hours ago, vintorez said:

Nice VSR camo. I like it, but honestly for VDV guys, under uniform should be white - light blue telnyashka.

Your totally right and there will be. I was just testing the texture. :wink_o:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Your totally right and there will be. I was just testing the texture. :wink_o:

@fingolfin, thank you for reply. Caucasus Insurgency” going to be a great mod, which will fill a gap in the Russian themed modes in Arma3. This gap is my favorite period - period of Chechen Wars. Keep it up :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with this, but I think for now the VSR versions will stay like this:

NhmggZP.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with this, but I think for now the VSR versions will stay like this:

In my opinion - very well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

:whistle:

KO0Drgu.jpg

LUL65wK.jpg

n2ESp53.jpg

ZuyMM58.jpg

Alright guys, here’s version 1.2: As you can see on the pictures it doesn’t only feature the MSV and VDV troops in Flora and VSR camo but also OMON, Vityaz and VV OBrON units in different camo patterns. Another addition is the Russian translation done by Collaborationist, thank you very much! :smile_o:

Changelog

• Russian Motorized Rifle and Airborne troops in VSR and Flora camo

• VV OBrON troops in VSR, Podlesok urban and summer camo

• Vityaz units in SMK camo (two patterns)

• ZSH-1-2 helmets

• OMON units in Kamysh camo (two patterns)

• many small config fixes

• Russian translation thanks to Collaborationist

• RPK units via an optional config (requires Toadie's AK pack)

• a few things I certainly forgot to mention...

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B78y5Tai3PVRM0kwQk14SE4wU2M

Steam Workshop is being updated.

Additional requirements when using the optional RPK config
• CBA: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767
• NIArms Core: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24620
• NIArms AK: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25099
• NIArms AK - RHS Compatibility: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30901

Thanks for all the advice and support in this thread!

• Like 4