Sign in to follow this  
assassinukg

Dedicated server setup issues

EDIT: * Please move me to the relevant section (servers) Sorry i missed it originally * 

Hello all, 

First off thanks to BIS for an awesome game ;) 

So I'm having a few niggling issues with my server setup, I need to get a few things clear/straight. I'm hoping one of you can help me. 

After the dedicated server install onto my laptop (i7 @2.2, 8gb ram) which was fine after following this guide Guide here.

I was able to run a server and have friends join via IP:PORT (port issues with router). 

We ran a few missions had a lot of fun etc, I shut the server down. Lost all save progress for a mission (liberation - auto saves). 

So i started looking into the Aram3 profiles 

• D:\Games\Arma3\A3Master\Users\Adminstrator\Administrator.Arma3Profile
  • D:\Games\Arma3\A3Master\Users\Administrator\Arma3.cfg

Which on my system is located at "C:\Users\richa\Documents\Arma 3" 

I then noticed when i set the server up on the 17th of this month nothing had changed the files for the last 2 days. Last modified time was 17th. I expected to see the 19th as we were playing and changing mission files. 

I had these files auto created as they should of on first run. I then decided to do a few install and start again to see if i could sort the issue out.

I deleted all the files and folders created at A3Master, A3Files, and Aram3 in my document folder to start clean. 

I went through the guide again to setup a fresh, ONLY this time the profiles were not being created in MY documents or in the A3Master folder as the guide says it would be. 

I'm not sure how to do a clean wipe and have these files auto created again. 

So how do i get a fresh install and get those files to generate? 

Also on a side note none of the saves that were supposed to be linked to my profiles are loaded. I'm assuming its because its not reading the save files from the user folder .

I'll post my arma3server.exe cmd parameters, config_vanilla.cfg, arma3steamstart.bat to see if anything sticks out to you lot. 

Server.cfg

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// NOTE: More parameters and details are available at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

// STEAM PORTS (not needed anymore, it's +1 +2 to gameport)
 //steamPort       = 5230;     // default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
// steamQueryPort  = 27016;    // default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

// GENERAL SETTINGS
hostname       = "Assassin's Dedi";    // Name of the server displayed in the public server list
//password     = "adminPassword";      // Password required to join the server (remove // at start of line to enable)
passwordAdmin  = "omitted";       // Password to login as admin. Open the chat and type: #login password
maxPlayers     = 30;    // Maximum amount of players, including headless clients. Anybody who joins the server is considered a player, regardless of their role or team.

persistent     = 1;     // If set to 1, missions will continue to run after all players have disconnected; required if you want to use the -autoInit startup parameter

// VOICE CHAT
disableVoN       = 0;     // If set to 1, voice chat will be disabled
vonCodecQuality  = 10;    // Supports range 1-30; 1-10 is 8kHz (narrowband), 11-20 is 16kHz (wideband), 21-30 is 32kHz (ultrawideband); higher = better sound quality, more bandwidth consumption

sv_region=3;
sv_lan=0;

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers  = 1;       // Minimum number of players required before displaying the mission selection screen, if you have not already selected a mission in this config
voteThreshold       = 0.33;    // Percentage (0.00 to 1.00) of players needed to vote something into effect, for example an admin or a new mission. Set to 9999 to disable voting.
allowedVoteCmds[] =            // Voting commands allowed to players
{
    // {command, preinit, postinit, threshold} - specifying a threshold value will override "voteThreshold" for that command
    {"admin", false, false}, // vote admin
    {"kick", false, true, 0.51}, // vote kick
    {"missions", false, false}, // mission change
    {"mission", false, false}, // mission selection
    {"restart", false, false}, // mission restart
    {"reassign", false, false} // mission restart with roles unassigned
};

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed, but can be used to increase the delay before other messages
motd[] =
{
    "Welcome",
    "Teamspeak: ",
    "",
    "",
    ""
};
motdInterval = 5;    // Number of seconds between each message

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
        template = "LiberationAssassinModded.Tanoa"; // Filename of pbo in MPMissions folder
        difficulty = "Regular"; // "Recruit", "Regular", "Veteran", "Custom"
    };
class Mission2{
template = "ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa";
difficulty = "Regular";

};

};

// LOGGING
timeStampFormat  = "short";                 // Timestamp format used in the server RPT logs. Possible values are "none" (default), "short", "full"
logFile          = "server_console.log";    // Server console output filename

// SECURITY
BattlEye             = 1;    // If set to 1, BattlEye Anti-Cheat will be enabled on the server (default: 1, recommended: 1)
verifySignatures     = 2;    // If set to 2, players with unknown or unsigned mods won't be allowed join (default: 0, recommended: 2)
kickDuplicate        = 1;    // If set to 1, players with an ID that is identical to another player will be kicked (recommended: 1)
allowedFilePatching  = 1;    // Prevents clients with filePatching enabled from joining the server (0 = block filePatching, 1 = allow headless clients, 2 = allow all) (default: 0, recommended: 1)

// FILE EXTENSIONS
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =       {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 v1.19.124216) 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile / preprocessFileLineNumbers commands (since Arma 3 v1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] =       {"htm","html","php","xml","txt"}; // only allow files and URLs with those extensions to be loaded via htmlLoad command (since Arma 3 v1.27.126715)

// EVENT SCRIPTS - see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_Side_Scripting
onUserConnected     = "";    // command to run when a player connects
onUserDisconnected  = "";    // command to run when a player disconnects
doubleIdDetected    = "";    // command to run if a player has the same ID as another player in the server
onUnsignedData      = "kick (_this select 0)";    // command to run if a player has unsigned files
onHackedData        = "kick (_this select 0)";    // command to run if a player has tampered files

upnp=1;

// HEADLESS CLIENT
headlessClients[]  = {"127.0.0.1"};    // list of IP addresses allowed to connect using headless clients; example: {"127.0.0.1", "192.168.1.100"};
localClient[]      = {"127.0.0.1"};    // list of IP addresses to which are granted unlimited bandwidth; example: {"127.0.0.1", "192.168.1.100"};

aram3server.exe startup params

C:\ArmaServer\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server.exe -profiles=‪C:\ArmaServer\Games\ArmA3\A3Master -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_server.cfg -world=empty -BEpath=C:\ArmaServer\Games\ArmA3\A3Master -mod=

Arma3server_steamcmdstart.bat

@echo off
@rem http://media.steampowered.com/installer/steamcmd.zip
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

:: DEFINE the following variables where applicable to your install

SET STEAMLOGIN=Chicken_ArmaServer
    SET A3serverBRANCH=233780 -beta
        :: For stable use 233780 -beta
        :: For Dev use 233780 -beta development
                :: Note, the missing qotation marks, these need to be wrapped around the entire "+app_data......"
                :: There is no DEV branch data yet for Arma 3 Dedicated Server package !!!

SET A3serverPath=C:\ArmaServer\Games\ArmA3\A3Master
        SET STEAMPATH=C:\ArmaServer\Apps\Steam

:: _________________________________________________________

echo.
echo     You are about to update ArmA 3 server
echo        Dir: %A3serverPath%
echo        Branch: %A3serverBRANCH%
echo.
echo     Key "ENTER" to proceed
pause
%STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %A3serverPath% +"app_update %A3serverBRANCH%" validate +quit
echo .
echo     Your ArmA 3 server is now up to date
echo     key "ENTER" to exit
pause

To me everything looks good and in place, maybe I'm missing something obvious? 

Thanks in advance community :)

Thought I would update with what finally worked. 

It seemed to be a problem with the profile folder in my c:\user folder. For whatever reason (path was correct and had no quotes as no space in the file path) it was simply ignored  to resolve it I just set "-profiles=profile" which instantly created the correct profiles the guide said it would.