Good job, glad to finally see this released. :)

Is the LST still in the works?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chairborne said:

Good job, glad to finally see this released. :)

Is the LST still in the works?

Not sure that I understood your last sentence ... can you please clarify?

You had a landing ship in the works some time ago when you opened the WIP thread about these ships many months ago. Are you still working on it?

• Like 2

Just now, Chairborne said:

You had a landing ship in the works some time ago when you opened the WIP thread about these ships many months ago. Are you still working on it?

Yes is still under WIP ... unfortunatelly such kind of ships has to "fight" with game restrictions more than these released here ... 

• Like 1

Heh i know... arma likes to poop on our dreams. =)

Good luck with it though, curious to see the end result!

• Like 2

First of YES! Thank you so much for giving the naval units some love like this. I have wanted this so long and just the night before last I said to friends while working on my Nimitz/Alive mission that I wished for ships like this.

Now for feed back:

• As others have said the time it takes for them to go from 0 to max speed is to fast I think, as well as some of them need lower max speeds (bigger ships at 45-50 kph)
  • The main guns on some ships are way to small. 40mm doesn't do the larger ones right when they have 100mm -127mm guns.
  • The VLS operators camera did not want to work for me in being able to move it to look around with for targeting on any ship but the missile boat. To be more exact about that the camera would look down at the deck in front of it but the camera itself would not move up, down, left or right.
  • The VLS itself I do not know if it was going to be meant to be a lock on with the camera since I did not test it with enemy's and the camera issue I stated above however I think it would be a good idea if it could be used like the MLRS system that the NATO faction has in the base game with the artillery computer. This way it would give the ships a support role for land based units and you would not have to reinvent the wheel by using a system already in game that works with long range missile strikes.
  • Exiting many ships just dropped my into the water outside of the ships and I found no real way to get on the decks to walk around if that was a thing you planned to happen with the ships.
  • Lack of any Anti-Air missiles seemed also to be a issue the larger ships I would think have since their real life counterparts would have some. (Unless you made the harpoon or VLS do it and I did not notice?)

Still even with these problems I see very much the possibility of fixing them to make easily one of the best and must have naval mods for Arma 3. Please, please keep developing this mod. I must, I need to have more of this in my Arma game play. While I am sure you have people to test it who are likely better at it then me I hope my bit of feedback helps because I love this even as a early beta concept.

Edit: Btw you got my first post virginity because I had to reply :P

Edited by gunny5563
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gunny5563 said:

First of YES! Thank you so much for giving the naval units some love like this. I have wanted this so long and just the night before last I said to friends while working on my Nimitz/Alive mission that I wished for ships like this.

Now for feed back:

• As others have said the time it takes for them to go from 0 to max speed is to fast I think, as well as some of them need lower max speeds (bigger ships at 45-50 kph)
  • The main guns on some ships are way to small. 40mm doesn't do the larger ones right when they have 100mm -127mm guns.
  • The VLS operators camera did not want to work for me in being able to move it to look around with for targeting on any ship but the missile boat. To be more exact about that the camera would look down at the deck in front of it but the camera itself would not move up, down, left or right.
  • The VLS itself I do not know if it was going to be meant to be a lock on with the camera since I did not test it with enemy's and the camera issue I stated above however I think it would be a good idea if it could be used like the MLRS system that the NATO faction has in the base game with the artillery computer. This way it would give the ships a support role for land based units and you would not have to reinvent the wheel by using a system already in game that works with long range missile strikes.
  • Exiting many ships just dropped my into the water outside of the ships and I found no real way to get on the decks to walk around if that was a thing you planned to happen with the ships.
  • Lack of any Anti-Air missiles seemed also to be a issue the larger ships I would think have since their real life counterparts would have some. (Unless you made the harpoon or VLS do it and I did not notice?)

Still even with these problems I see very much the possibility of fixing them to make easily one of the best and must have naval mods for Arma 3. Please, please keep developing this mod. I must, I need to have more of this in my Arma game play. While I am sure you have people to test it who are likely better at it then me I hope my bit of feedback helps because I love this even as a early beta concept.

Edit: Btw you got my first post virginity because I had to reply :P

The VLS is only aimming and lock on air targets using tablock ... try it.

Walking on decks is not yet possible especially when the ship is moving (game engine limitation) ... I'm working on that.

I'm keeping and I'll investigate all reported issues.

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Αplion said:

The VLS is only aimming and lock on air targets using tablock ... try it.

Walking on decks is not yet possible especially when the ship is moving (game engine limitation) ... I'm working on that.

I'm keeping and I'll investigate all reported issues.

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

Ah okay I did not realize that you had this VLS system to be the AA missiles I assumed it was Ship to Land missiles. I will try it but my comment on the cameras for the VLS missiles still I think is a issue that would make tab lock on easier being able to look at the target with the camera.

Walking on decks yes I know Arma's game engine hates the idea of people walking on decks but I just thought for while its not moving it might be a thing.

Looking forward more of your work.

• Like 1

nice work!!!

an inspiration for us all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gunny5563 said:

Ah okay I did not realize that you had this VLS system to be the AA missiles I assumed it was Ship to Land missiles. I will try it but my comment on the cameras for the VLS missiles still I think is a issue that would make tab lock on easier being able to look at the target with the camera.

Walking on decks yes I know Arma's game engine hates the idea of people walking on decks but I just thought for while its not moving it might be a thing.

Looking forward more of your work.

sometimes the VLS camera sticks in possition ... try to move your mouse repetetly ... usually that makes the trick ... in any case it is a known issue.

• Like 1

BTW ... there are a lot of issues (more of them already reported) when using the EDEN editor. Unfortunatelly all my tests made in the old editor as I'm not good of using the new one. On the old editor these issues are not occur.

In any case my tests from now on will be done on EDEN editor.

• Like 2

This is great man - I already have people in our milsim unit begging for the use of it! 

That said, are you considering adding cruise missiles? As in, missiles you can target using an artillery computer? I'm not sure how it would work, being from a moving vehicle, but a UNSUNG mod has gotten the artillery computer working with an APC, which can fire a mounted mortar while moving, so it must be possible. Looking forward to seeing the future updates, and keep up the amazing work!

15 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Nice work Aplion!
Is it possible to sink them?

While testing the AA against a jet, I shot down the jet, and it crashed into the ship. It caused the death of everyone in the ship, and the "destruction" of the ship - however, the ship only slightly tilted and turrets went down. So, short answer is no.

That said, this is only his first release, so I'd be willing to bet that it will be added in sometime down the line.

10 minutes ago, M.Hawkins said:

While testing the AA against a jet, I shot down the jet, and it crashed into the ship. It caused the death of everyone in the ship, and the "destruction" of the ship - however, the ship only slightly tilted and turrets went down. So, short answer is no.

That said, this is only his first release, so I'd be willing to bet that it will be added in sometime down the line.

I've done aerial attacks with the ships as well and they have sunk for me

43 minutes ago, M.Hawkins said:

Try attack the ship with another one using missiles ... they are sink ... just the armor is to high but this will be improved ... and try to remember that this mod is ONLY for stable branch and tested with vanilla game in the old editor (not EDEN).

1 hour ago, Αplion said:

Try attack the ship with another one using missiles ... they are sink ... just the armor is to high but this will be improved ... and try to remember that this mod is ONLY for stable branch and tested with vanilla game in the old editor (not EDEN).

1 hour ago, OnceIWasKovic said:

I've done aerial attacks with the ships as well and they have sunk for me

Well then consider me debunked! :drinking2:

Not sure why it wasn't working for me - perhaps the method of destruction.

Insane mod dude, finally Navy in arma 3 :) Great work!

A suggestion Aplion, 

Would it be possible to add, a tomahawk missile of some sort, with an artillery computer, so land units can get support from the boat :), just a suggestion 

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

awesome mod man! would make for some pretty interesting targets for Iowa. she became bored always bombarding the same pirate ships over and over again in tanoa :f:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Insane mod dude, finally Navy in arma 3 :) Great work!

A suggestion Aplion, 

Would it be possible to add, a tomahawk missile of some sort, with an artillery computer, so land units can get support from the boat :), just a suggestion 

Keep up the great work!

I think that artillery computer on sea vehicles can be done only using scripts ... if I remember correct Swedish mod is using that way. But again I'm not so good in scripting in order to do something similar ... I'll try anyway but I'm not promising.

In any case the AI crew of the ship will fire to any ground vehicle in sight using missiles ... the issue is now that I must find a way to keep the crew on board when using EDEN editor ... so far I can't understand what is my fault on that but I'm working on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Αplion said:

... the issue is now that I must find a way to keep the crew on board when using EDEN editor ... so far I can't understand what is my fault on that but I'm working on.

Try to set primaryGunner = 0; in the turret definitions, that helped for the Unsung UH-1 gunners.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Try to set primaryGunner = 0; in the turret definitions, that helped for the Unsung UH-1 gunners.

OMG mate ... that did the trick !! what can I say !! many many thanks for headsup :)

• Like 1

@Aplion im in love, but i think you need to fix 2 things, 

1. make the turn rates smaller
  2. slow the bigger ships down, they are too fast

other then that walking and landing on them when their still would be nice but its good all and all.

• Like 1