Sciirof

[RELEASE] NO MODS Survival system

S8QVUbh.png

Hello everyone,

I'm still learning to code but I made a simple survival system for a gamemode I am working on.

So I decided to share it with you.

It includes:

• A cash system
  • A Hunger/Thirst system
  • Multiplayer supported!

Download

Current version: 0.2.1

Author: Sciirof

DropBox

or

news_download_a3_3.png
No Mods Survival system v0.2.1

Changelog

Version 0.2.1:

Version 0.2:

• Player does not instantly die when hunger or thirst is at 0 or below (thanks to bad benson to point me out on this!)
  • (Temp) I am still working on a food/drink inventory UI at the moment. For now it just saids how much drinks/food you have. (How to acquire food/water is in the demo)
  • Demo mission added!
  • Loadout shop in the demo

WIP

Features that are being worked on:

• Food/Drinks Inventory UI
  • Arma 3 props used as food/drinks as inventory items for the inventory UI
  • Random spawn positions for the food and drinks props
  • Gun shop UI (Buy/Sell)
  • XP/Leveling system

License

If you are to modify the scripts make sure to give proper credit to the original creator. If any of these scripts cause any sort of damage I am not held responsible.

I cannot confirm if these scripts will work with any other scripts in Arma or your mission.

Donate

btn_donate_LG.gif

I am not the best out there, so donate only to those you respect or think deserve a donation!

I am only a student the only reason the donation button is here is to save me drink.

For a proper installation of this system in your mission file, please make sure to read the IMPORTANT.txt file.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing.  Can you add some more detail to the post about what the cash and hunger/thirst system do?  A short demo video, or screenshots with a paragraph or two can go a long way.   IMO, offered scripts are more likely to be used by the community when more detail is given.  I know it sounds lazy, but some people (like me!) are less likely to appreciate and want to user your script if they have to download, install, and run a demo mission.

Just a friendly suggestion...we need all the script contributions we can get here!  :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Thanks for sharing.  Can you add some more detail to the post about what the cash and hunger/thirst system do?  A short demo video, or screenshots with a paragraph or two can go a long way.   IMO, offered scripts are more likely to be used by the community when more detail is given.  I know it sounds lazy, but some people (like me!) are less likely to appreciate and want to user your script if they have to download, install, and run a demo mission.

Just a friendly suggestion...we need all the script contributions we can get here!  :)

Thank you for the suggestions! I will be working on more features and a demo mission for next version. Also including a demo with a loadout shop and food/drinks shop. Again thank you for the suggestions!

• Like 2

agreed on the info stuff. imho all you need is list more details. an example would be the cash system.

can you buy AND sell things? that is something not many shop scripts allow. most of them are focussed on buying.

also since you have hunger and stuff. how are consuming and the consumed objects themselves handled considering no addons are required and thus no inventory items being available.

also another big one: MP or no MP

of course these are my most important personal questions but i think just adding like two lines more to answer those could already help. there is a shitload of similar things available so noting the most important differences can go a long way. i hope that didn't sound condescending/patronising. i just thought i'd chime in since the topic already came up.

i really like your HUD. nice and non intrusive.

also took a quick glance at the code. just one thing i immediately noticed

if (thirst <= 0) then {
this setDamage 1;
};

this means instant death when you are fully starved. but i also don't see anything for slowly taking damage (might've missed it). so this is pretty binary. i think damage over time once you reach 0 would be better. but that's subjective of course.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bad benson said:

agreed on the info stuff. imho all you need is list more details. an example would be the cash system.

can you buy AND sell things? that is something not many shop scripts allow. most of them are focussed on buying.

also since you have hunger and stuff. how are consuming and the consumed objects themselves handled considering no addons are required and thus no inventory items being available.

also another big one: MP or no MP

of course these are my two most important personal questions but i think just adding like two lines more to answer those could already help. there is a shitload of similar things available so noting the most important differences can go a long way. i hope that didn't sound condescending/patronising. i just thought i'd chime in since the topic already came up.

i really like your HUD. nice and non intrusive.

Multiplayer is supported and has been tested on dedicated. Buying things will be within the demo, selling things is still a WIP as I am still working a shop UI. Consuming will also be in the demo.

Also multiple types of foods and a food and drinks UI is currently being worked on. Thank you for reminding me I did not say if it was MP supported!

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

if (thirst <= 0) then {
this setDamage 1;
};

this means instant death when you are fully starved. but i also don't see anything for slowly taking damage (might've missed it). so this is pretty binary. i think damage over time once you reach 0 would be better. but that's subjective of course.

Thanks for pointing me out on that :)

Fixed in 0.2 also more was added (can be found in the changelog).

1. Select the all the scripts and paste them into your mission.pbo or folder.

2. For getting money from AI kills make sure in the AI's init field this code is added:

null = [this] execVM "cashOnKillAI";

what do you mean by this? do I need to put this code "null = [this] execVM "cashOnKillAI";" in every AI that I put in mission file? what about for example the AI is randomly generated from the server?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DailyGrind said:

1. Select the all the scripts and paste them into your mission.pbo or folder.

2. For getting money from AI kills make sure in the AI's init field this code is added:

null = [this] execVM "cashOnKillAI";

what do you mean by this? do I need to put this code "null = [this] execVM "cashOnKillAI";" in every AI that I put in mission file? what about for example the AI is randomly generated from the server?

I am currently working on a few things for the survival system and also working on a script for editing the init of all units from one script. It would make the script better because you wouldn't have to put in the line of code in all of those init fields as soon as that script is ready I will release an update. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davidoss said:

missioneventhandler "entitykilled" should do the trick

Ah I see, I must have overlooked it.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks to everyone for the support I've not updated the script in a while and haven't responded to most of the recent feedback and questions. I'm now reworking the entire system and adding XP/level system (I will make sure you can easily turn that off or on)

On 1/10/2018 at 9:45 AM, Sciirof said:

Thanks to everyone for the support I've not updated the script in a while and haven't responded to most of the recent feedback and questions. I'm now reworking the entire system and adding XP/level system (I will make sure you can easily turn that off or on)

When will the Traders be working ?. I would love to host a Server with this on it & Ravage mod as well. Would be nice to use something with Ravage that isn't Mod dependent.

Just use Ace for your interaction menu, you wont regret it.

2 hours ago, SolarCataclysm said:

Just use Ace for your interaction menu, you wont regret it.

I never use ACE because far too much preemptive on action menu! ACE (or equivalent) should be integrated to Arma IV, but right now, compatibility is not fair.