max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hello, I have been playing the Arma series for around 12 years now. I was curious if anyone was able to create this weapon (Image links below), the LVOA assault rifle. I would do it myself but I do not have the resources to do this, including a not so good computer for modeling weapons and such. However I am just curious if anyone can help me make this a reality for Arma 3. I was thinking of having Magpul MBUS sights, a top mounted or side mounted PEQ15, a Magpul angled foregrip and a Magpul UBR stock and so on. 

the-division-zbrush-summit-2014-lvoa-s.j

IMG_0363_zpsdf38becc.jpg

wm_7483468.jpg

Hey,

I would like to request these ideas.

1. small rc buggy/vehicle (operates like uav) has explosives which can be detonated at will.

2. bis core function to check a mission file exists BIS_MissionFileExists EX: ["somefolder\someotherfolder\doesthisfileexist.sqf", true, true] call BIS_MissionFileExists; if 2nd param true it will execvm the file pasted in. 3rd param return true/false if exists or not.

3. some ruddy ladders in game and in the editor. wooden/metal expandable/collapsable or of different sizes with get off points able to put in inventory etc..

4. base building either in core game some objects (walls, platforms, doors, gates) wooden/metal/concrete

5. somekind of map deformation while in game but also someway to return it to its original shape if its deformed.

6. different types of player/men meshes, we have faces n voices, some new player meshes would be well nice..

7.  why not add interior lights to helo's.. red/green/orange for example. with a toggle/hotkey to turn on/off.

8. BIS sling loading of wrecked vehicles.

9. big one ... player cover animations/positions, behind walls, house sides.. actually anywhere where the player can fit, ie if crouching only small walls etc.. while in cover mode, cam is in free mode rotating round player position. should also be able to shoot round corners either free fire or down there optic. i would really like this one more than all the rest.

ok ha enough, i have a dream LOL.... i shall keep dreaming!

Thanks for reading..

Domino.

44 minutes ago, DonbassCZ said:

Hey guys. I just found this website. Its seems that you can download 3D models for free without paying for it. I really didnt do more exploring about this so i just wrote what i think about it. Also it sounds very nicely. :D I think it could be great source site to fill missing assets... What do you think?

....that you shouldn't post links towards websites that have ripped content. As with everything, the "free" 3d models are either shit, or ripped. There are some exceptions here of course, but not on that website.

model takes time, times is money, so model cost money...as simple as that.

you should also not use 24p letters

• Like 1

Yeah. If you check some of the more prolific posters, there's far too many models in their catalogue for one person to create. It's just not possible. Especially when you consider what goes into a single game ready mesh. You can see content from some very recognisable games. Call of duty, Battlefield or The Witcher series to name a few.

I have an request for an addon, I have been getting into to missionmaking and I got some inspiration from "Chernarus Apolcalypse", I'm refering to the glowing eyes in the forest, or the "Smoke Monster". I would guess it's all scripted in the original mission but is there any way that you could get that same thing with an addon or do I need to make some kind of script? (I don't know alot about scripts). I do ofc want to do this in A3, though the original is A2.

Link to video with the eyes: 

Thanks for reading

• Like 2

Hey, I'm looking for a mod that adds a .50 Beowulf chambered weapon. Maybe original Beowulf or something new. Seeing the Type 115 I'm really wanting a .50 BW weapon to carry on a few missions.

With the USS Freedom due to come out here in the next month, it'd be great to have an E-2D Hawkeye.  I know OFrP has one, but it would be cool to get a US Navy Reskin.  Perhaps with all the RWR and radar updates that Jets is gonna bring, having an AWACS aircraft could be very useful?

Also, an HH-60H for carrier based SAR ops.  It would be cool if you could pick up downed pilots with a winch.  I think FFAA mod in Arma 2 had that feature.  I've kinda been outta the Arma loop for a while so I dunno if that is a feature in the A3 FFAA mod

What I would love is a mod that could add extra particle effects to helicopter rotor wash. So that choppers can kick up a real cloud of dust upon landing/takeoff, leading to brownout conditions etc. Not sure if this is doable? And for added immersion the mod detecting what terrain you are landing on-sand, tarmac etc, and adjusting the level of dust accordingly.

• Like 6

Some Japanese looking heads/faces would be nice. The "Asian" heads in the base game have pretty strong Chinese features and make them unusable for a lot of mods (Faces of War, Gac JSDF). ARMA 2 PMC's J. Yoshitachi, E. Honda, J. Akiba, H. Kojima, T. Tanaka, Y. Shimitsu, and B. Kawasaki are all fine bases

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, islesfan186 said:

With the USS Freedom due to come out here in the next month, it'd be great to have an E-2D Hawkeye.  I know OFrP has one, but it would be cool to get a US Navy Reskin.  Perhaps with all the RWR and radar updates that Jets is gonna bring, having an AWACS aircraft could be very useful?

I recommend giving Sabre's Military Aviation addon a try. It contains both a C-2A and E-2D. It doesn't have AWACS ATM, but that may change after the official release of the Jets DLC.

can we get some rifles in .458 SOCOM pl0x?
specifically an AR-15, and an M14 EBR(cause screw logic right?).
I NEED MAH .458 SOCOM

Does anyone know of any terrains with Chinese and/or North Korean-like environments? Or even a blank map of the right environment on which static objects could be placed?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Does anyone know of any terrains with Chinese and/or North Korean-like environments? Or even a blank map of the right environment on which static objects could be placed?

These two:

I do hope to see a NK map as well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Valken said:

These two:

I do hope to see a NK map as well.

Yeag, Iwagi looks to be a pretty useful terrain for anything east asia and I'm really looking forward to that, was not aware of that Diayou islands terrain though, thanks. I feel like BIS was right on the ball with prediciting an Asian resurgence with CSAT, and especially for the case of NK they're convenient bad-guys to shoot at. I hope to see something mainland China at some point, like the Tibetan plateau, eastern lower Himalayas, or Mongolian steppe. For the stepes and the Tibetan plateau, the areas are really sparse reserve rocks for the latter and grass for the former which should be easier to make, maybe I'll find the time myself.

A mod that gives all the dynamic loadout vehicles access to all the available weapons - I miss the pawnee with 3x scalpels and an ASRAAM!

22 hours ago, petek said:

A mod that gives all the dynamic loadout vehicles access to all the available weapons - I miss the pawnee with 3x scalpels and an ASRAAM!

Why need a mod, on dev branch that is already been implemented for jets. So should be possible for helicopters. 

On 24/04/2017 at 1:22 PM, wsxcgy said:

The now abandoned Live Through mod has a terrain based around the Himalayan region. It is quite beautiful and totally unique. The only downside is the terrain has a broken skybox since the 1.60 update. I still use the terrain from time to time for personal SP missions, I also have a fix for the broken skybox if anyone's interested.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Why need a mod, on dev branch that is already been implemented for jets. So should be possible for helicopters. 

It was for helicopters but has now been locked down (presumably for "realism") So we realistically can no longer put the equivalent of hellfires (scalpels) on pawnees, orcas or helcats. No SR AA (like Stingers) for them either.....

Looks like with the data-lock on dev the decision has been made - dissapointed so if anyone can make an add on to fix this I'd be v. happy;-)

cheers

On 6/4/2016 at 5:37 AM, fingolfin said:

I'd really love to see some first generation OTVs (aka Interceptor body armor) for ArmA 3. They are out of service with the US Armed Forces but still very common with their allies, so one could display a lot of green forces with just one addon: Ukraine, the ANA and ANP, the Iraqi Army and the Georgian Army. Not to mention a lot of OEF and OIF scenarios and it would also be a nice piece of equipment for PMC addons. I know that CUP has only IBA but it is the old ArmA 1 model and really looks out of place in ArmA 3. So if anyone would be willing to work on these it would be really appreciated! :)

I'd like to see M81 IBAs as well. I recently saw the movie "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" and now I'm in a 2003/2004 gear mood. I remember Delta Hawk saying he was working on an IBA but that was years ago.

2 hours ago, Laqueesha said:

I'd like to see M81 IBAs as well. I recently saw the movie "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" and now I'm in a 2003/2004 gear mood. I remember Delta Hawk saying he was working on an IBA but that was years ago.

Theres one in the VTN mod

3 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

The now abandoned Live Through mod has a terrain based around the Himalayan region. It is quite beautiful and totally unique. The only downside is the terrain has a broken skybox since the 1.60 update. I still use the terrain from time to time for personal SP missions, I also have a fix for the broken skybox if anyone's interested.

Thanks, looks good and would have gone under my radar otherwise, and I'd like that config if possible.

Anyway, I'm looking for a mod/addon that makes tanks "cook off" when hit. I have tried ACE3, but that mod is wayyy to confusing for me to understand, I have no idea how to use any of its features. All I like to do is place units in the editor and mess around making little battles, I have no idea how to script or make missions, and ACE3 would end my scenario as soon as I hit play. So next I tried only using the "tankcookoff.pbo" from ACE3, but that caused the game to crash on loadup.

I have also tried the "Authentic gameplay mod" but that takes away the ability to command my AI teammates, and its controls dont show up in the control list to edit.

Can anyone help me? I just want tho cool tank cookoff feature from ACE3 without all the other complicated stuff. Thanks in advance!

Edited by R0adki11
post edited for foul language
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Theres one in the VTN mod

Yeah, but the model clips pretty badly when used with Delta Hawk's units. :down: