Sign in to follow this  
XerXesCZ

Arabic codename for the 'Eastwind Device'

Hi everyone!

So I've been making this campaign of mine - for a long, long time. Due to RL issues, work progress is very slow but I've finally managed to steal some time for this project.

I want to ask fellow community members who speak the Arabic language (or Farsi), what would be the best CSAT codename for the 'Eastwind Device', surely the CSAT won't reference the device in their internal materials as the 'Eastwind', that's a NATO codename. I've tried Google Translator, too, but as I don't know their alphabet, I'm unable to get some 'good sounding' codename.

Thanks in advance!

So CSAT is ostensibly Iran and they speak Persian (so Farsi), which is a little bit different from Arabic. Different letters in the alphabet, different grammar, different words (although a lot of Persian words are Arabic and you can tell from the spelling, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms), stuff like that.

Anyways, some words that I feel could be helpful:

Earthquake: "zelzeleh" - زلزله

Machine/Device: "dastgah" - دستگاه

Experiment/Test: "Azmaish" - آزمایش

Putting the words together for a compound noun would be easy... You use something called an "ezafe" (اضافه) that's a connector on the end of the base word, then the descriptor. This is an "eh" sound (or a "yeh" sound if the first word ends with an "ee" or "eh/ah" or something.) In English, something like "earthquake machine" would look like "machine of earthquake." In Persian, it is "dastgaah-yeh zelzeleh."

If this is too literal, let me know and I can probably find some more names... Iran liked to name their campaigns things like "Operation Kaman 99" or "Operation Sultan 10", with a noun and a number, so that could be an idea as well. If there's any questions about grammar and spelling/romanization, let me know as well!

• Like 2

So if you looking for a codename for the device, i suggest this: Resurrection Machine, "machine-eh Ghiamat ", ماشین قیامت

• Like 2