Sign in to follow this  
Rich_R

Arma 3 one of the top grossing games of 2016!

I'll stick this post in the General area as the News section doesn't appear to be accepting new posts or even additional ones under the established threads.

Arma 3 was up there for top-grossing games of 2016! Here's the chart - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2016_top_sellers/

Here's a write-up mentioning Arma 3 - http://nothingbutpcgaming.com/news/item/428-steam-ranks-the-best-selling-games-of-2016-701022

• Like 1

Well lets hope that they get some money in for Arma 4 :) With all the upcoming DLC one could assume that they are saving up for development on the next Arma.

14 hours ago, dmarkwick said:

A "free to play" game is up there in platinum revenue earners :/

Don't forget the rest of their business model, i.e. "pay to win" aka micro-transactions.

The pox of gaming IMHO (not only for gamers but devs too).

• Like 2

On 1/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, GanX said:

Well lets hope that they get some money in for Arma 4 :) With all the upcoming DLC one could assume that they are saving up for development on the next Arma.

The foundation of the next BI title (i hesitate to call it ArmA 4) has been in the works for several years already. Lots of staff were transitioning off the arma3 project through 2016. Since about Jul/Aug there is only a small skeleton stay-behind unit to squeeze a bit more out of arma3 over 2017-2018

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

The foundation of the next BI title (i hesitate to call it ArmA 4) has been in the works for several years already. Lots of staff were transitioning off the arma3 project through 2016. Since about Jul/Aug there is only a small skeleton stay-behind unit to squeeze a bit more out of arma3 over 2017-2018

Cite your sources...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Possibly reassigned to work on the various DLC's?
Arma4. or whatever BIS decided to call it, is at least 2-3 years away minimum.

It would seem that based off sales, despite what some members stated, that APEX wasn't as much of a flop as they made it out to be, it would be interesting to see the rate of sales, pre and post APEX though.

It seems every time gamers claim the sky is falling with the latest Arma title, some stat or number comes out to show that BI is doing pretty well.

Ironically these complaints that the current incarnation never seems to match the quality/realism/insert gaming hot point here as the previous title a every time anew version comes out!

The interest of gamers may come and go but a certain type of player always seems to keep Arma on the hard drive ;)

• Like 3

I hope they make a new physics engine with that money.Now there are no excuses.I love you all guys and girls of B.I. and i appreciate all the effort you put into the game to make it what it is.But this is the time for serious improvement.