Thanks again for the positive feedback.

3 hours ago, silola said:

Very nice looking map. Please keep it up :)

Silola

I couldn't begin to consider working the way I do without your mod. Cheers Silola.

• Like 1

Very impressive work I must say. You clearly have an eye for map design and screenshots. The terrain has very natural look in it. 

Looking forward your Ukrainian war mod too. Don't know how large scale the mod will be, but that sounds like an incredible amount of work. Do you have anybody to help you? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kaniini said:

Looking forward your Ukrainian war mod too. Don't know how large scale the mod will be, but that sounds like an incredible amount of work. Do you have anybody to help you? 

I'm just doing a bunch of re-textures to begin with. I've only spent a couple of hours on it so far. I just want some eclectic uniforms and gear which is something that fascinates me about the conflict. Here is the only screen I have of my first test (not great) of the skins. Obviously RHS have already done 9/10ths of the work. I've still got a way to go working on my own. I'd be interested in anyone who might like to write all the configs (who would be silly enough?)

5Y8id4J.jpg

• Like 11

More trees!

iquGAs8.jpg

If2Gxj7.jpg

NHJpqge.jpg

oMv3uAT.jpg

th5JMWj.jpg

• Like 29

It's the small dips and rises in the roads that give it it's realistic look-really nice.

• Like 1

On 28.12.2016 at 7:26 AM, 4Chains said:

[...] Forest fortifications including trench-lines and emplacements cut into the terrain. [...]

Are you planing to design them like BI did on Tanoa? I really like those... :smile_o:

gx4IOqr.jpg

b9XJc8H.jpg

• Like 4

WoW 4Chains it looks so photorealistic ,what for a cell size do you use ? ( looks like 2m or 1 m)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fingolfin said:

Are you planing to design them like BI did on Tanoa? I really like those... :smile_o:

Unsure at this stage mate. While it's nice they made trenches on Tanoa, I don't really consider them to be very realistic. I'd probably model my own walls like these:0110ukrainetrench01.jpg

1 minute ago, stephsen said:

WoW 4Chains it looks so photorealistic ,what for a cell size do you use ? ( looks like 2m or 1 m)

Well spotted. 2m my dude.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, 4Chains said:

Unsure at this stage mate. While it's nice they made trenches on Tanoa, I don't really consider them to be very realistic. I'd probably model my own walls like these:

Even better! Thanks.

5 hours ago, ahtnteppop said:

And it remember me to Orshanets terrain

Yes, but that map was too flat... and small. Current map was made with more skill and love.

Some nice work going on there. Keep it coming! Love the vegetation and the trenches, albeit you wanting to make your own. If your pics are anything to go by on detail, then I'm pretty sure the custom ones will look better.

More work on the outskirt
Uk3C1qL.jpg

7U1Ka8H.jpg

aJ9mPG9.jpg

H6Lot38.jpg

Getting closer to the first releasable.

• Like 15

2qyjvEZ.jpg

TWAH0Ab.jpg

J8IIuE0.jpg

Spooky.

• Like 16

Hi !

It's been a while I waiting for some map modders to bring up the realism and detail to the terrains.

Original BI terrains and majority of the maps created, even if many of them are really nice, aren't enought detailed and some terrain areas are still cubic instead of smooth.

But they are really nice, I don't spit on their works at all, don't misunderstand me.

My opinion on this map after seeing all these screen captures : It's the kind of map I'd like to see since many years. It's a really great work. Realism, smooth and worked terrain, nice object placement... In other words, the kind of map that we should have on ArmA III !

I'll keep an eye on it and thanked you for the time and work you done on this map :f:

• Like 3

Yeap,absoultely amaizing.

btw,if you planned to make custom village building,PM me,Ill give you some reference photos.

It's Russian,but trust me,since USSR fall nothing really changed a lot in country side.

hell the small cell structures makes a good job, hope more mapmakers use smaller cell size in the future , nice job mate :slayer: