DynaSound.jpg

LAxemann and Jokoho482 proudly present...

DynaSound 2.0

What is DynaSound 2.0?

DynaSound 2.0 is a sound modification for ArmA3 and all of it's DLCs. It mainly focuses on weapon- and explosion sounds, however all helicopters as well as the Xi'an VTOL were redone, too.

Feature list:

• All weapon sounds were redone, mainly using high-quality recordings.

• Shooting from inside a building reduces the distance one can be heard.

• A differenciated and thoughtfully mixed soundscape. Due to a higher dynamic range and less compression, you can and have to turn your volume up in order to bring out the details and punch!

• Custom bullet supersonic cracks as well as subsonic "swooshs".

• All helicopters as well as the Xi'an VTOL were redone .

• Distant-sounds for helicopters.

• Flyby sounds for helictopers as well as the Xi'an VTOL.

• Rocket flyby sounds. "swiush!"

• Incoming rocket sounds for the MLRS. Usually is the last thing you hear.

• New explosion sounds

• When firing a rocket, the engine sound actually originates from the rocket and is moving away from you. Try the MLRS!

Media

There is no fancy trailer for the moment, however there is quite a bit of material on my YouTube Channel.

Here are some of the APEX weapon sounds:

Known issues

• The m134 gatling gun might sound weird when not in first person - A recent issue and I'm trying to fix it.

• Some volume balancing might have to be done here and there as I went on a tweaking rampage shortly before release and I might have overseen something. :)

• Most explosions are still the DynaSound 1 ones and will be redone over the time.

• It's not DynaSound 3 yet

Dependencies

Requires CBA A3.

Download

ArmAholic

Steam Workshop

Download (2.21){/url]

Credits

• Bohemia Interactive for this piece of software that stole my soul.

• Jokoho482 for rewriting and improving pretty much every script I've ever done while teaching me tons of stuff. So much love!

• Megagoth because love.

• Everybody who kept motivating me over the last two and a half years! :)

• Everybody who enjoys what we do. :)

If you enjoy our content, feel free to leave us a cup of coffee via a PayPal donation. Would make our day!

It's my paypal donation account, but every donation will be shared with Jokoho.

wIMGP0z.png

• Like 38

Wow impressive - I love that the view actually blurs when you fire. Will it also arrive on Steam Workshop?

I'm totally looking forward to your feedback! :) I say "i" because I'm pretty sure that Joko's scripts are fucking bulletproof, haha!

I'll try to fiddle myself back into the steam workshop, give me some time though, some threads will receive updates within the next 10 minutes, too...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, danny96 said:

Wow impressive - I love that the view actually blurs when you fire. Will it also arrive on Steam Workshop?

The blur effect is actually a separate mod made by Laxemann-can't recall it's name at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [BL] Hannibal said:

Thanks for this!, we found Dynasound to be absolutely essential these days so I cant wait to try this out.

26 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

The blur effect is actually a separate mod made by Laxemann-can't recall it's name at the moment.

It's LAxemann's Immerse (L_Immerse) mod :)

• Like 1

By the way, the framework is incoming as well, just didn't got to documenting it well. Should be out by the end of the year!

• Like 2

Gutted I'm away from home untill the 27th. Can't wait to try version 2. Many thanks for all your hard work. 

• Like 1

@laxemann Merry Christmas you sexy bastard! I can't believe I got to go out now! Now I have to wait even longer to try you awesome mod :( Stuff all the other presents haha 

Just tried out some of the sounds..man Lax-they are so good! Dropping 120mm shells, firing rockets and setting up A-10 gun runs..I dont think i will ever get bored of this :D

• Like 2

Thanks for this buddy, outstanding work. 

• Like 1

Thank you for this fantastic Christmas gift! Let the slaying begin! :P

First of all -amazing work.

I have a question.

Which pboS have  "global" parameters and affect modded weapons and aircrafts (maybe their explosion ) e.t.c and will it work standalone?

(I meant for expample explosion pbo)

I have a 18gb of mods  and 99.9 % time I don`t use any vanilla stuff 

2 hours ago, sammael said:

First of all -amazing work.

I have a question.

Which pboS have  "global" parameters and affect modded weapons and aircrafts (maybe their explosion ) e.t.c and will it work standalone?

(I meant for expample explosion pbo)

I have a 18gb of mods  and 99.9 % time I don`t use any vanilla stuff 

Yo! :)

You should be able to remove the single pbos without a problem - some launchers depend on each other though. But it will let you know on startup.

The "core" pbos are:

Main

Sys

Tails

Shared

Explosions

Cheers!

• Like 3

Frohe Weihnachten Laxemann and Joko!

Your Dropbox has sadly been disabled and therefore its only Steam Workshop atm. Just fyi!
I'm looking so much forward to test both, Dynasound and Enhanced Soundscape again. 

Will be a hard time deciding between JSRS and this one again! xD

The RPG flybys make insurgents 10x scarier.  Are there any mods of yours that AREN'T essential to making ArmA even more amazing?

PS: I love you.

• Like 2

Most awesome christmas ever! cant wait to try this. LIke others have said, dropbox link is disabled due to too much traffic atm, hopefully we can get a google drive or armaholic link?

Could i mirror this somewhere for you?

Really excited about this release. Quick question, should I run enhanced Soundscape with this? I love all your work Axe, just wondering if some of that scripting is already part of 2.0 or if maybe it'll detract from the new release. Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, o5_ said:

Really excited about this release. Quick question, should I run enhanced Soundscape with this? I love all your work Axe, just wondering if some of that scripting is already part of 2.0 or if maybe it'll detract from the new release. Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Try it on it's own first-it's amazing! A good set of headphones and you will feel the artillery blasts in your back teeth. Then try enhanced soundscape

• Like 1