spookygnu

RSO Buildings pack

On 25/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, PolyG said:

@spookygnu nope. It gives me a CTD Error and its running stable build, just RSO mod. 

Fixed the error on this one. 

thanks Pennyworth.

I will put out a bug fixed update later on this afternoon. 

packing for a minor update in the buildings pack atm. 

Fixed the required addons bug. The pack can now be enabled using just this as an addon. 

Some minor fixes made to a couple of buildings such as doors being left in, they are now taken out, the texture placeholders are still there. complex 9 for example was privvy to this. You can now enter the building. 

Shadow fix on the parking house, also on house_big1. Unfortunatley I cannot figure out why you cannot get into the building downstairs yet. this might be due to the doorway being to small? Same for the roof access aswell, unless my little tweak worked. you can still use the side stairwell to gain access to the first floor though.

I have added in 2 buildings by mistake. complex 8 for example, doesn't appear in game. It is there but it seems to have become invisible. Also a corner shaped build has some nasty shadow errors and texture errors. you'll know the one when you see it.

We have not recieved any bug reprts yet, so I'm assuming you guys are happy with it atm albeit the errors that are there. But like I said in my earlier posts, if you could reprt them with as much info as possible we can narrow down and fix pretty quickly anything that needs doing to this current iteration. 

foxhound will update here when I have passed him the link.  

thanks 

Spook

• Like 2

Loving the pack, my only issues is the fact only one building currently has "positions" for AI to use. But thats expected with an early build like this. There's also a slight shadow bug on H 4. Screen below. Also you cant go up the stairs on the Archway, and apartment 4 has untextured stairs

Spoiler

4B8448456B244C9C86BC094C767D0131F0ABD8C5

• Like 1

Now that those buildings are released i started to make some compositions for taking pics, totally love them! 

L5dLvxs.jpg

G5V3AEC.jpg

pXiAKsT.jpg

• Like 15

direone, those compositions look sweet as fcuk. would you by any chance use xcam and work with RSO on our maps?? I only suggest xcam due to its better import to Terrain builder over 3den and mapbuilder.

thanks for the bug report there lykosMactire. We will look at those fixes over the next month. I put the quick update out to solve the config error which was important for those not using any other mods as reported early on in the thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opteryx said:

Very nice, direone!

Thanks a lot opteryx! :D

it has come to our attention that some of the buildings had a few view lod issues. these are being fixed and an update will be out soon. 

• Like 2

We are having a few little issues getting this onto a dedi server atm, Can anyone advise please?

I have been packing Benghazi to test on a dedi server and RSO is a required addon. When the map is packed, RSO gets packed in the same process just before the map is packed and the addon pbo is placed in the @benghazi folder along with RSO_misc. As yet RSO_misc is not showing errors. But each time the map is uploaded it comes back with

23:05:15 Warning Message: Addon 'Benghazi' requires addon 'RSO'
23:09:39 Warning Message: Addon 'Benghazi' requires addon 'structures_f_exp'

the structures_f_exp is part of the apex expansion objects, This throws back aswell. Really weird because we are all update with the latest versions of everything Arma.

Has anyone had similar issues? Do you know the cause of what this might be?

Also, I have made server keys and asigned the pbos, to my knowledge I have done this right, but its my first time doing keys and signing pbos so if that is the cause I would not know any different.

Please help us out if you can, an update is planned for release soon, so the buildings pack can go on dedi servers too.

On 1.1.2017 at 7:23 PM, spookygnu said:

I only suggest xcam due to its better import to Terrain builder over 3den and mapbuilder.

What is wrong with my TB export?

I've found that the objects don't all go in the map and that they do get placed above ground. Same as Eden aswell. I have had no issues using xcam. 

I'm sure there are a few excited people now. Please be aware that not all the buidlings will be like this in the next update. H20 is the only building completed like this for now. This was a test to see how it worked, how to do it and how it looked. Most of the doors will be done on the buildings though, and the fixes to geos should be sorted out. We are leaving the textures til a later date, as this will take a lot more time to complete.

• Like 4

Hello there!

First of all these Buildings are incredible and perfect for my map!

But i noticed some missing/white textures on some Buildings.

Is this a known bug/problem, if not i could list screenshots an building names

If you read the main post about the buildings you will see that this is an issue that will be dealt with at a later. The whole pack is a WIP as we speak. We are close to the next update also which will see all the existing doors animated. Each update will have something added and fixed, so for example, the following update will have ai pathing, and extra doors added, building optimisation and maybe just maybe an extra building or two. Otherwise it will take forever to do in one go and motivation to carry on will cease.

The forthcoming update, will include,

Roadway lod fixes

geolod fixes

Shadow lod fixes

View lod fixes

Door Animation to existing doors

File optimisation

Ai path demo (h20)

All textures will be looked at in time to come. Because 90% of the buildings have textures it is considered not as much a priority as making the buildings functional for gameplay atm. So hang fire of the texture issues atm, we know about them, they will be looked at. 

• Like 3

Ok, this is very close now I am going to release today/tonight but I am in urgent need of a tester or two that can provide feedback on what may cause issues for people using the buidlings. We have worked heavily on these for the past 3 weeks and eager to get this pack updated. 

If anyone wants to test for us then send us a pm and I will pass over the link for you to download and report back anything that we may have missed.

• Like 6

I've just discovered this, awesome. OPX Buildings Pack was one of my favorite addons back in ArmA 1 days.

• Like 2

Due to a complete disregard of my content and my IP, I have decided to never release another mod to the wider community. I am only going to release my work to very close friends and that is that. I will think long and hard about my work with RSO I may even stop that altogether. I am sick to death of the fucking absolute fuck tards that think that Stealing content and releasing it under their own name is the done thing to do. 

I tried to contact xyla and talk to him about the workshop release he has managed to achieve. He chose to ban me from his TS before even being a decent person and talking about it. He blatantly has taken a complete disregard for my work and because of this NO ONE is going to see Machloop 2, Benghazi, Belize, Hawk t1, or anything else I decide to make for the game. My modding is now in house only not for distribution at all. 

Say what you will guys, but Xyla has forced me to make this decision and I pity the rest of you who were looking forward to seeing Machloop 2 which I was going to release next week funnily enough. Only need a few more shapefiles filling in with trees.  

All I can say is Sorry! 

and

blame Xyla!

• Like 6

I don't blame your decision to stop public releases.  But, have you considered the option to continue your work on RSO and exclusively collaborate with specific projects, such as Battle of Fallujah?

• Like 1

My work with BOF is still on going. But any I make that is created from my end from the start is not being released. 

My trust in anyone one now has been lost. Eulas mean nothing, only because I personally think not a hard enough approach is taken on the thievery of such people like Xyla. 

All a Eula does is put an unlocked gate between the author and the community, it is not a solid wall. Thankfully mikero has produced his pbo pro, which gives some added protection but as far as distribution is concerned, there is no way of tracking it. 

At at the end of the day a Eula creates a trust agreement. Unfortunately for the modder if broken they can potentially lose a product to the gain ( sometimes financially) of the thief.  If someone decided to distribute something BIS made they would get the book thrown at them. Modders suffer, thieves squander! 

Be be a while I think before I trust this community again. I'm not doing this just because of my case, but because it has happened to people I know from the modding community. Thieves sit there and think, I'll just take this, that, oh that too, put that there, change this bit, that's mine now. Is it fuck! 

If a real hard stance was taken on them and used as an example to warn others then it would eventually cease. But I think it gets brushed under the carpet too many times and people say, "that's how it is". 

Well, as a result I made my decision for all the reasons above.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going "underground". It's really a shame what a little number of so called "modders" do to our community. But since this went down on steam ws and the way this dips*it acted, i'd DMCA him straight away. If you join up on the #ip_rights_violation channel on arma 3 discord some experienced guys can guide you through the process. Also there is a new website in developement that helps modders like you to track down violaters on steam ws and you can take them down as easy as ordering a pizza.

2 hours ago, spookygnu said:

be a while I think before I trust this community again

This site and the workshop aren't exactly the same. There may be a following for the Arma series. But that's not really the same thing as a community.

I understand why you're doing what you're doing. Certain individuals can't seem to help themselves. And they're obviously not listening. I don't see any other way, unless you want to spend most of your spare time wandering around filing dmca reports. I'm glad you'll continue to mod though. :smile_o: