pierremgi

Time for Enhanced support modules [feature Request]

Hi all,

Among the most used modules, I guess plenty of scriptwriters would like to have better results with support ones.

- First of all, for all support modules, virtual support is an acceptable alternative as far as you accept to spawn/delete a unit for a task. Artillery disappear as soon as the last shell is shot, regardless of the trajectory ETA; So, there is a bullet coming from a null object, traveling the map and never mind the shooter. Script with that!

- For all modules again, the "real" unit option allows more immersive condition as far as you have to protect this asset. And, then one thing is absolutely missing, the condition fields for enabling/disabling the support. You can't imagine the lines I had to write just because I decided only a radio equipped guy could call artillery. Try it!.. grab a radio backpack (or any radio), (enabling the link between requester and provider), then drop the radio (disabling the support), then grab/drop... Oups that doesn't work anymore, except if you write something bis_fnc_addSupportlink and bis_fnc_removeSupportLink (So many hours to find that!).

So please, add enable/disable condition fields for support.

About CAS support, so much things to improve:

- Please, make unguided bombing run workable on any surface, with no objective underneath! I mean bombs must strike the marker position, like a GPS release if you want. That's all! No need to have something special. Actually your BIS_SUPP_LASERTGT, laserTargetE or laserTargetW types, along with a "destroy" waypoint, doesn't work on Tanoa forest for example. And please, don't explain we need an object objective... Let's the player bombs where he wants!

- Furthermore, your FSM just take driver into account. That means there is no chance at all to get CAS from a crewed aircraft (pilot/gunner). So, bye bye so many CAS aircraft from UNSUNG DELTA mod: Intruder, Skywarrior, F4 Phantom...

Please make unguided bombing CAS firing on any position of the CAS marker and make all CAS aircraft workable what crew can be.

- lets the player choose the number of bombs to be released!

About helicopter transportation:

- First problem: the map can't be zoomed in/out for marking destination. You have to cope with your last map zoom before the call?!?

- then, you can't alter your destination underway.

I wrote a script to be transported in any AI manned vehicle (car , helicopter), with instant destination altering or cancellation. (MP compatible). Code on demand.

So please, make transportation module (not only helicopter) more versatile, with alter/cancel destination, and correct the map zoom bug.

Thank you for your attention.

• Like 1

On 2016-12-22 at 8:18 AM, pierremgi said:

About CAS support, so much things to improve:

- Please, make unguided bombing run workable on any surface, with no objective underneath! I mean bombs must strike the marker position, like a GPS release if you want. That's all! No need to have something special. Actually your BIS_SUPP_LASERTGT, laserTargetE or laserTargetW types, along with a "destroy" waypoint, doesn't work on Tanoa forest for example. And please, don't explain we need an object objective... Let's the player bombs where he wants!

- Furthermore, your FSM just take driver into account. That means there is no chance at all to get CAS from a crewed aircraft (pilot/gunner). So, bye bye so many CAS aircraft from UNSUNG DELTA mod: Intruder, Skywarrior, F4 Phantom...

Please make unguided bombing CAS firing on any position of the CAS marker and make all CAS aircraft workable what crew can be.

- lets the player choose the number of bombs to be released! 

i'm in total agreement with Pierremgi.   If a player puts an aircraft CAS support marker on the map, let the player select the ordenance (as happens with the artillery support, where you can even choose the number of rounds)   and let the plane flatten the marker zone in the first run, independently of what is under the tree canopy.  Would be a great addition on the next release.   Please, look into it. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1