madmax1337

You were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed

When i host a server and trying to connect it says "You were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed."

on both arma3server_x64.exe file and arma3server.exe file, everything was good for the normal server.exe until the update yesterday, it says the same on both exe files now. any help please?

Version: Arma 3 Console version 1.67.139743 x86

85.25.143.56:2402 [DEV] [GamersCentral.de]EU CO-OP Dedicated Invade&Annex

Edit: Steam must running to get server connected to Steam, not need to own arma 3 on that Steam account to get able to join the own server.

This seems to apply for the Dev version, I had the same issue and rolled back to stable and it went away. (Steam didn't need to be running to start the server).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea youre right, i want to test the 64 binarys so i noticed that error on Dev branch. Before the last Update on Dev branch the normal server.exe file was woking without steam running.

On 12/17/2016 at 4:47 PM, madmax1337 said:

When i host a server and trying to connect it says "You were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed."

on both arma3server_x64.exe file and arma3server.exe file, everything was good for the normal server.exe until the update yesterday, it says the same on both exe files now. any help please?

Version: Arma 3 Console version 1.67.139743 x86

85.25.143.56:2402 [DEV] [GamersCentral.de]EU CO-OP Dedicated Invade&Annex

Edit: Steam must running to get server connected to Steam, not need to own arma 3 on that Steam account to get able to join the own server.

Hi madmax1337

I have a similar problem and was wondering how exactly you got yours running. I finally got a dev branch version installed with SteamCMD and it works, however i now have the problem that i get Steam authentication failed when i try to connect to it. Did you install your server with Steam or SteamCMD?

EDIT: Never mind i found a fix.

On 1/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, GanX said:

Hi madmax1337

I have a similar problem and was wondering how exactly you got yours running. I finally got a dev branch version installed with SteamCMD and it works, however i now have the problem that i get Steam authentication failed when i try to connect to it. Did you install your server with Steam or SteamCMD?

EDIT: Never mind i found a fix.

Hi GanX,

I am experiencing the same issue . .

Would you mind share the fix for it?

Thanks. Litejk01.

Sorry i never replied to this. I will do so now however since i just encountered the same problem again. The problem is related to steam updating, it basically updates and thinks its up to date but then there are a couple of files that are not updated or currupt. I always delete the game .exe file and then force steam to verify the integrity of the game. It then redownloads the .exe and figures out that there are other files not correct which it then fixes.

Hope this helps anyone that might get this problem in the future!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1