oukej

Jets - Custom Panels (GPS, Camera feeds, ...)

Really love the new mine detection system and how it taps into the custom panels!

Really makes minefields a genuine threat to progress, where before they were fairly easy to avoid/deal with.

Probably out of scope of the Custom panels topic; but giving the player the option of placing a limited number of small, red, mine warning flag objects in the world for persons in player/AI groups not equipped with a GPS devices (civilians for example) Could be a nice enhancement, maybe an optional editor module.

• Like 1

On 8.7.2017 at 1:04 PM, Electricleash said:

Really love the new mine detection system and how it taps into the custom panels!

Really makes minefields a genuine threat to progress, where before they were fairly easy to avoid/deal with.

Probably out of scope of the Custom panels topic; but giving the player the option of placing a limited number of small, red, mine warning flag objects in the world for persons in player/AI groups not equipped with a GPS devices (civilians for example) Could be a nice enhancement, maybe an optional editor module.

Agree, droppable flags or other item needed for minefield clearing. Lightsticks are not visible in high grass so a squad really has no way to follow the "sweeper" through a minefield. 

Anyone else thinks that the new beep sound of the mine detector should be a bit faster, especially when close to a mine?

Active radar symbol persists on display, after radar source has been destroyed

Could you please check if it is still happening?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, R3vo said:

Anyone else thinks that the new beep sound of the mine detector should be a bit faster, especially when close to a mine?

Ideally yes. 

7 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

I can't be on dev branch, unfortunately -  but i can ask people to check.

Thanks for the fix!

10 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

3 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

I can't be on dev branch, unfortunately -  but i can ask people to check.

Thanks for the fix!

Looks good to me :

Thanks, Hladik !

• Like 2

On 12/16/2016 at 1:03 PM, oukej said:

Alongside our planned Jets DLC platform upgrades, we needed moar UI. But quite a big part of the ingame screen is already taken by various elements and gadgets. We realize that, despite our goal to be more 'minimalistic' with UI, we have quite a lot going on in there. We've decided to put some elements into 'generic containers'.

Together with Weapon and Vehicle Info, we now have a system called 'Custom Info'. It's 'Custom' because it allows you to pick which ones you want to have displayed in game. Custom also because creates a framework for modders to use - more about that later on wiki.

Is there any way to get the MFD display to work on a second & third monitor?  Are their any plans for this?  The screen is quickly filling up with overlays and allowing this type of data to be viewed on another monitor would go a long way in minimizing the UI for non-critical or "glanced at" information like this.  I imagine most users are going to leave these on all the time which eats screen space.

The ultimate desire would be to push this portion of the display to a smaller set of monitors along with Thrustmaster MFD Cougar sitting over each.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:42 PM, shadow69th said:

For mission makers, how to remove this..

a2ab0feba099472b9bd7b452176201da.png

I'm willing to call this a bug.  These action menu selections are always present even if you have no relevant device in your inventory.  A naked player with an empty inventory will still have the actions for the right panel, which clearly shouldn't be the case.

12 hours ago, camelith said:

I'm willing to call this a bug.  These action menu selections are always present even if you have no relevant device in your inventory.  A naked player with an empty inventory will still have the actions for the right panel, which clearly shouldn't be the case.

As far as I'm aware the panel options only appear in the action menu if in your control options you DO NOT HAVE IT BINDED TO A SET KEY.

17 hours ago, camelith said:

bind them to keys, or set default

• Like 2

On 9/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, camelith said:

you can fix that by binding the key in your game controls, you will find the name is panel

On 9/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, camelith said:

It is :) However not an easy one to fix. Unless we remove the action from the menu altogether, even if the action is unbound (which we may do...)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oukej said:

It is :) However not an easy one to fix. Unless we remove the action from the menu altogether, even if the action is unbound (which we may do...)

Did someone say, remove the action menu altogether?

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a way to make custom display to show some information?

You probably need to create your own display and define everything in the vehicles's class.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Custom_Info#Modules

@Devs

The Arma 3 Components wiki page is still WIP. Any update ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Components

Wiki is not helpfull is it? :/

so there is an example and one of the class is following one

class CustomDisplayXY       //Custom display using custom resource
		{
			componentType = "CustomDisplayComponent";
			resource = "RscCustomInfoMyCustomRadModule";
		};

what is componentType? What is resource? How to define them? I see no information in page and also not in google..

49 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Wiki is not helpfull is it? :/

so there is an example and one of the class is following one

class CustomDisplayXY       //Custom display using custom resource
		{
		};

what is componentType? What is resource? How to define them? I see no information in page and also not in google..

componentType only shows the engine that it's a custom component I believe. And resource should be a simple display you create. However, if there are any special requirements for that display I don't know.

Correct. If you want to use custom display resource then you have to have 

in that specific panel component.

There are no specific requirements for the linked display resource. You can start by checking e.g. class RscCustomInfoMineDetect
Some useful links regarding UI https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Dialogs

• Like 1

thanks for help but I am strugling as there is no real example which I can check to learn...

RscCustomInfoMineDetect has only following stuff as far as I see

fadeEnd = 1.25;
fadeStart = 1;
iconMineUnknown = "\a3\UI_F_Orange\Data\Displays\RscCustomInfoMineDetect\iconMineUnknown_ca.paa";
idd = 320;
onLoad = "[""onLoad"",_this,""RscCustomInfoMineDetect"",'IGUI'] call 	(uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')";
onUnload = "[""onUnload"",_this,""RscCustomInfoMineDetect"",'IGUI'] call 	(uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')";
scriptName = "RscCustomInfoMineDetect";
scriptPath = "IGUI";
sizeMine = 1.5;
sizeMineUnknown = 4;

I created now a dialog which is based on RscPicture. To do that I used Defines.hpp and Dialog.hpp together with description.ext.
So now in order to make this as right panel picture, I need to create a mod where I use component class. 
How will I refer to the hpp files then?

What is the RscCustomInfoMyCustomRadModule based on my case? :/

Do I need to create a new class in config.cpp, i.e. RscDevas? What I need to fill inside to use my two hpp files?
Does anybody has any custom panel example which I can use as base so I can understand how the thing is working?

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

RscCustomInfoMineDetect has only following stuff as far as I see

There's also few sub-classes with different UI controls.

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

What is the RscCustomInfoMyCustomRadModule based on my case? :/

Exactly "RscCustomInfoMyCustomRadModule" class in the config root.

23 hours ago, bis_iceman said:

hUlax2E.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oukej said:

hUlax2E.png

Wow! Awesome! ... sorry to keep asking about this. :) But while you are working on the panels. How about a manually zoomable gps view (in and out)? Namely the autozoom is pretty anoying at times when coming in for a landing in a helo. It zooms in with lower speeds and any relation to distances and relational speed is lost.