10 hours ago, venthorror said:

TGP camera in DLC jets is moving too fast when using keys compared to old CAS jets. (In my example using HAT switch on a flight stick)

This has no effect when using mouse to aim TGP.

Can TGP camera movement in new jets be a bit slower like it is in Neophron and Wipeout..?

It should have no effect on the mouse, just on movement using keyboard (numpad) or Thumbstick on a Flightstick.

Currently it is impossible to aim TGP in new jets using Hat switch, but is fine in old airplanes.

Please no!

On my HOTAS I use the thumb stick on my throttle which mimics mouse movements. This means that the new jets TGPs are wonderful while the old jets are too slow.

5 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Please no!

On my HOTAS I use the thumb stick on my throttle which mimics mouse movements. This means that the new jets TGPs are wonderful while the old jets are too slow.

Either way it should probably be identical on all assets? : ) I´m also using a 4 way hat button for the TGP currently, will try to bind it to the thumbstick to check the diffrence.

5 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Please no!

I thought it could be product and person related experience...

Better not to fix something if it isn't broken... (but still make it work for everybody)

Can you post your HOTAS?

I just retested the tgp mouse and analog/thumbstick (TM twcs hotas) speeds and i think mouse is perfect  in the old CAS planes, but the analog stick which i bound to 'Mouse Aim' in armas View control settings, is way too slow. It should match mouse speed when fully maxed out.

Analog speed feels good in the Blackwasp 2 for isntance, but mouse is too fast for that one.

I suggest:

1. Make it equal for all planes and match max mouse speed with max analog curve.

2. Make old CAS planes mouse speed the refrence value.

4 hours ago, venthorror said:

I thought it could be product and person related experience...

Better not to fix something if it isn't broken... (but still make it work for everybody)

Can you post your HOTAS?

X-52.

On 09/05/2017 at 3:03 AM, snoops_213 said:

Im not sure if it is possible but it should be that the laser sensors on the bomb/missile should have an auto target ability that only requires the laser on and not locked, i figure if it can auto see the laser on our sensor screen the tech must be there.

I could swear that's how the laser-guided artillery shells work already, the person firing the shell has no confirmation of any designation made by a player at the target area, as long as it's fired in the general area of the designated target it automatically locks on and homes in. So the ability is there, but wether it's something that can be applied to air-dropped munitions is a question only the devs can answer.

18 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

X-52.

I'm currently using an X-55, care to share how you got the thumbstick working? I've been wracking my brains trying to get it to work so I don't have to keep switching to the mouse!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hailstorm said:

I'm currently using an X-55, care to share how you got the thumbstick working? I've been wracking my brains trying to get it to work so I don't have to keep switching to the mouse!

No voodoo magic here mate sorry.  I just installed the Saitek drivers and it worked straight away.

@hailstorm

probably you've got it set up correctly, but have bound your thumbstick to mouse aim in view controls?

@oukej

Seeing that an anti-radiation sensor is now a thing (yay!), I thought I'd suggest which aircraft should or shouldn't get them, based on their real life counterparts (and in view of gameplay).

This is important because in real life not all aircraft were/are designed to play a SEAD role, and this differentiation makes it interesting in the game too.

Whitelist:

• Black Wasp II - obvious choice given the F/A-18 inspiration..
  • Shirka - as a "future sukhoi", would build upon the current Su-35's capabilities (Kh-31)

Blacklist:

• Wipeout - The A-10 does not perform a SEAD role and doesn't equip the HARM or variants.
  • Buzzard - The L-159 Alca doesn't have SEAD capabilities.
  • Blackfoot - The RAH-66 Comanche did not equip any ARM missiles
  • VTOLs - obviously

Graylist:

• Neophron - while the Yak-130 doesn't appear to have SEAD capabilities, and the Yak-131 never really cleared prototyping, there does appear to be an ECM variant. The 131 was supposed to get active radar technology and stuff too. The Yak-130 carried the Kh-25 platform, so given the game's setting allowing the Neophron to have both an active radar and and anti-radiation sensor might be an interesting idea.
  • Gryphon - the Saab JAS 39 Gripen doesn't appear to perform a SEAD role, but it does perform an anti-ship role. Given this, it might be interesting to give it SEAD capabilities in Arma (especially given that I'm arguing against the Buzzard getting it).
  • Kajman - the Mi-28 does not equip ARMs, but the Ka-50 Black Shark variants can equip the Kh-25 platform. Might be interesting to give it SEAD capabilities in contrast to the Blackfoot.

Another thing about the Blackfoot...

So it seems that the real life Comanche could carry Hellfires, and some variants are radar guided. Could be an interesting to introduce radar guided hellfire missiles for the Blackfoot. Would be a nice dynamic: the Mi-48 doing SEAD stuff but the Blakckfoot getting radar guided AGMs.

• Like 5

Was following dev from the beginning and changes are very satisfying. But...

I am somewhat... very confused about how sensors work now.

Flying NOE does not hide my aircraft. Not even humming bird gets lost in the background hovering at 10 meters. (it is detected by the radar not by IR)

Is Falcon UAV supposed to be stealth aircraft? It is small, but very detectable.

I guess it is my lack of understanding rather than the game.

Can someone elaborate?

Can we get a COMPREHENSIVE document detailing Sensor ranges, cones, angles and packages for each and every vanilla vehicle?
Corresponding to that, can we get a document detailing all the vanilla weapons that use the new sensors, and their sensor's statistics?

That would go a long way to helping us get used to the new sensors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Can we get a COMPREHENSIVE document detailing Sensor ranges, cones, angles and packages for each and every vanilla vehicle?
Corresponding to that, can we get a document detailing all the vanilla weapons that use the new sensors, and their sensor's statistics?

That would go a long way to helping us get used to the new sensors.

WIP update https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors

• Like 5

12 hours ago, oukej said:

It is said there that PCML got only visual sensor which should be useless at night but i still was able to lock placed on a slope of hill a marid with crew in stealth mode. Is there some other mechanic that allow PCML to lock in such conditions?

The tigris/cheetah should heat up just enough with active radars so that at least some of the agms work against them if they havent moved in a mission. As it is im finding CSAT planes (havent really tested nato but results should be similar considering the sensors in the weapons) will not engage with missiles but will use thier guns instead leading to failer. This is where an ARM of some sort would be handy. It should not be strong enough to destroy the vehicle but destroy the radar so it can only use optical sensors.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, Imperator[TFD] said:

Please no!

Where is this located in the control options. I want to setup my HOTAS the same?

Maybe I don`t understand something. I try to destroy ZSU tigris (with new black wasp jet) . But can lock on targer with AT Macer only at 2-3 km distance. Is it normaL and planned like this?

Is there a way to lock on  tank from at least 7-11km and not to be a kamikadze?!

MACER is an IR lock weapon now.  You have to
1: Be within sensor range
2: Target must be HOT.  Can't lock it onto a vehicle that has no IR signature.
3: be within Cone of sensor

I dunno why it won't lock on for you at longer ranges.  Although, weather/temp will mess with the IR seeker sensor.

and what the distance to IR lock with super good weather and hot tank? I set cycled waypoint to Tigris to make it  engine hot- when I play last time and write about 2-3km lock on ...

Dump

Edited by crewt

8 hours ago, chortles said:

@sammael What are your object and terrain view distances set to?

BOTH 20 000m

32 minutes ago, sammael said:

BOTH 20 000m

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

• Like 9

Just trying it with poor-man's 12k on VR :) world and I'm able to lock Macers on 6k (with "this engineOn true" on the target and letting the target heat up for few seconds after mission start). Can you please send me the mission? :)

• Like 1

I`m play with viewDistance_TAW addon:f:

I just find ac40d91f611d.jpg

this 6km plus my 2-3 km flight altitude = I can lock on at 6 km only when I fly at low altitude cause more altitude = more distance to target