sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

3 hours ago, pellejones said:

Would it be possible with two downloads? One core download, units etc. with Da Krong map, and one with the extra maps? Charlie update was 4GB. This one is 10GB. After removing some of the island (not sure if I have lots of object files no longer needed) I am down to 8 GB.

no, it would cause too much confusion.

it is 10gb because we ddnt pack it beforehand, due to a lot of corruption of files by winrar during packing  trials.

once it is torrented, it doesn't matter too much anyway, we have seeded it loads for people. it has cost tetet $70 out of his own pocket already seeding from various added servers.

btw our license says do not modify the contents. this includes removing or adding any files to the folder, or renaming it.

so if it's only for your use np, but please do not re-host it anywhere in a modified form.

To the UNSUNG TEAM from an old Vietnam vet:

Thank You

SSgt T. Lee Phan Rang  1969

• Like 7

That means a hell of a lot to all of us - thank you!

LoL Hollywood has already done a movie adaptation on that Jeza's PVP video :drinking2:

Congrats for the release!

BTW, I got no texture on the helicopter pilots. Is it normal?

happens sometimes in 3den before init, but they should tex once init happens

5 hours ago, eggbeast said:

happens sometimes in 3den before init, but they should tex once init happens

Hum, ok, i'll check this out.

Cause when I launched it, the textures didn't show up, even when the mission was loaded.

can you detail the classnames involved? unit / uniform etc

did you add anything to them using eden attributes etc or are they vanilla?

i can see if we can repro the issue

2 hours ago, eggbeast said:

can you detail the classnames involved? unit / uniform etc

did you add anything to them using eden attributes etc or are they vanilla?

i can see if we can repro the issue

No mod loaded but Unsung.

Tested on Unsung maps.

Spawned UH1-D Slick.

The crew was in blank.

Tried to spawn a pilote alone: was the same.

Hmmmmm. Struggling to find the Ashau Valley map anywhere in the editor..... any clues, or did it just disappear somewhere along the way?

Heli pilots seem to be fine here on max settings. I was out in the Army slick, chinook, and a handful of the other hueys earlier looking over the new maps, with no unpainted pilots - editor or in-game. Lone pilots seem fine too :scratchchin:

• Like 1

Some of the barracks on khe sanh are duplicated, 2 doors to open and theres severe clipping (2 buildings on top of eachother)

thx for your report.

get on my todo list and will be fixed asap.

thx and enjoy the Mod anyway;-)

some fun games tonight

we all stopped fighting and sat round and had a picnic in a field for a bit.

surreal what happens in arma. 20 guys who have never met before all sat around chatting during a lull in the fighting.

i was in a natty outfit too

7U1fHvp.jpg

delivering some CAS

NHKY2go.jpg

• Like 2

Hey folks congratulations on the new release.

I have GREAT news for you! You can actually make napalm burn and have area of effect that does damage over time that can stay as long as you want! I discovered that when I was messing around with cfgcloudlets. I just read the documentation and you can actually add damage to particles with this:

//--- fire damage related parameters (optional)
    damageType="Fire";                       //damage type, only available option is "Fire" so far
    coreIntensity = 1;                    //damage coeficient in the center of fire
    coreDistance = 1.0;                      //how far can unit get damage
    damageTime = 0.1;                        //how often is unit getting damage

I just tested it with your M-134 Flamethrower APC and it works perfectly fine. I put it on the M10_NapalmFuelFiresmall cloudlets and set the duration to 120 seconds for that one. Lo and behold the flames stay and keep harming anyone who enters them during those 120 seconds.

It's even in the documentation for the particle effects.

This mean you can have real burning napalm or agent orange chemical weapons. You would need to do more testing, I just tested if it even works.

• Like 4

was an amazing mission lol. i cannot believe Morgan Freeman came in to play with us. Picking up the mantle since Robin Williams went afk...

I did some more testing with particle based damage and everything seems fine, no fire particles or overlay. The hurting animations are pretty spazzy, but its not issue with the particle itself and more with animations. No weird sounds either, its seems just straight generic damage

Not sure if this is the right place to report issues with the mod but here goes.

Tank flip

The VCs tank has a bit of a problem with not flipping.

Jeep launcher

If you turn the gun all the way to the left or right and exit you will get skid along the ground at a couple of hundred mph.

Still, great work with everything.

Hi i have a problem because i don't have a APEX and i have error "DaKroung request a3_Vegetation ... and Maybe released a version for those who do not have Apex

how use radio support module and radio interface and to switch RTO radio sounds off and on in the field? or  he`s wip ?