sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

2 hours ago, Mynock said:

No, I don't have a good enough computer for that. I run most things on medium. View distances very low as well. I only have a single 770GTX. I can use the maps and assets fine in the editor, it's an Unsung with DRO specific issue I'm having, that's the only time it crashes on me consistently.

I am just curious: What other mods are you running, while running UNSUNG?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hounddog75 said:

I am just curious: What other mods are you running, while running UNSUNG?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my original post, but it will occur even if I am running only Unsung Delta by itself. It also occurs if I run Unsung with other mods like Medium Utility Helicopters and Robert Hammer M4s for example. Quitting the game and disabling Unsung from my launcher fixes the problem and I can play DRO missions without issue, albeit on other non-Unsung maps.

please try running in 32 bit, and feed back on that.

On 7/10/2017 at 5:49 AM, eggbeast said:

IN ZEUS I CAnt place any unsung mod units down like marines or soldiers. i can play vehicles. But not troops. Any help?

just putting this in here. so we remember to look at it

don't know if this has been asked but I have another question related to zeus, in zeus i can not place groups (but I can in eden editor) so how do I fix this or will it be fixed in a new update?

same issue as the one i pasted in. will be fixed when we find out how.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:33 AM, eggbeast said:

Haven't had a chance to switch over to 32 and try it this week, but I will eventually and report back.

1 hour ago, eggbeast said:

same issue as the one i pasted in. will be fixed when we find out how.

can place down single units though

i assume it's got something to do with there not being any person at the cursor

excited to see this in workshop so i can click and play :) is there any zeus missions this mod comes with? 

we keep our missions separate from the mod. my evo mp missions allow zeus.

check the website missions section for links

On 7/14/2017 at 9:04 PM, Barden said:

Do you have anything running on Ultra settings? If so try turning them to high or very high.

so wait i was about to download this until i read this ... and this:

On 7/16/2017 at 2:33 AM, eggbeast said:

any word on why?

yeah 64 bit has no support for the older simulation types (non physx), so you get a lot of CTD's running the current version of the mod in 64. 32 bit is peachy. we're workin our asses off to implement X based simulation across our vehicle fleet - hence the delay in releasing echo. it's a rough ride.

as for the ultra settings - particularly shadows, no idea why, it was a random find. some of our older environmental models seem to have issues with ultra shadows.

when you look at our maps too, they have DENSE forest and clutter and object placement. so playing as infantry you can safely use 1500m viewdistance, and never notice. i tend to play on 3000m no issues with everything but shadows on ultra. and im currently on a shitty radeon 480 2gb card

• Like 2

Is the Charlie Version availible still or just the Delta version?

Diesel

26 minutes ago, DieselJC said:

Is the Charlie Version availible still or just the Delta version?

Diesel

I don't think so only bravo is still available on their moddb page 

• Like 1

reminds me to remove that thanks!

out of interest why would you want an older version of the mod?

Do you know if I exclude all unsung vehicles from my mission I'll be CTD free in 64 bit?  Or is that something I need to test?  And does the old simulation Apply to unsung statics aswell?

best do some testing and report back

On 7/27/2017 at 4:30 AM, eggbeast said:

reminds me to remove that thanks!

out of interest why would you want an older version of the mod?

This group I was interested in said they were using the Charlie version..but later when I asked they just forgot to update the info about their group..lol..I havent used the Unsung Mod yet so wasn't sure what was availible.

Diesel

Mission has been running 17 hrs on 64 bit stable and able

So to anyone wanting to run 64 bit, you mustn't use any of unsungs vehicles, you'll have to supplement with other mods.

7 minutes ago, Lucasam said:

So to anyone wanting to run 64 bit, you mustn't use any of unsungs vehicles, you'll have to supplement with other mods.

Or switch the server to 32bit to use all the unsung vehicles, i know which option i would do. 

4 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Or switch the server to 32bit to use all the unsung vehicles, i know which option i would do. 

You certainly can do that, it's up to you.  

But for those of us plagued by the 3 fps bug it's FAR less likely to crash and act up on 64 bit not to mention the buttery smoothness.

I dont know if this is caused by the 64 bit version or not, but everytime the slick huey lands a squad of vietcong seems to spawn around it, tested on several maps with just ace and regular zeus.

1 hour ago, icarus86 said:

I dont know if this is caused by the 64 bit version or not, but everytime the slick huey lands a squad of vietcong seems to spawn around it, tested on several maps with just ace and regular zeus.

There's a 25% chance for a hot lz when someone exits the chopper:

GetOut = "_this execVM '\uns_air\functions_uns_uh1\HOTLZ.sqf'";

The ambush is not happening when the resource module is not set:

//exit if the unsung resources module is not loaded in mission
if (isnil "Ures_vecmods") exitwith {};
if !(Ures_vecmods == 4)  exitwith {};

With ures_vecmods being set in uns_weap_c\config.cpp automatically:

init = "Ures_vecmods=4;";

Maybe @eggbeast can shed some light on the use of this variable, it seems to be either 0 or 4. My current understanding is that the rearm and repair scripts won't run if it's not equal to 4.

TL;DR: Try setting  Ures_vecmods = 0 in a post init function and the HOTLZ script won't run.

10 hours ago, Lucasam said:

Thanks for the test! I hope that the old vehicle simulation classes are the culprit. If you have some testing time left, could you check if your test mission works with some M113 and Jeeps on map? These vehicles use the tankX/carX simulation, which hopefully work better with the 64bit server.

Edited by TeTeT
schpelling

yeah that Ures_vecmod was a variable i wrote originally in my evo missions when all the script development was mission-side

then when i migrated it to unsung i didn't bother to change the syntax.

I thought that the variable was set by placing the module, which in turn runs the scripts in weap_c/resources...

when pook added that awesome script for hotLZ's there was no contrlling factor, so i added that control to it so you could arm / disarm the function using the module.

however since we ported to A3, the bayonet, refuel, dynamic plane rearm, melee and shark scripts have all been left to rot until we have the current assets stable in 64 bit. this is why we have been adding so many bayonets though, eventually the melee system will enable them to work. we just need either more time, or more manpower.

Hah - I recall that HOT LZ from A2 - the first time was a true surprise - I was like where the heck was the fire coming from- nicely done...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1