sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

Right back at you... quietly. Charlie could be anywhere in the long grass.

I have a great deal of respect for the work you fellas have put together here. I love just playing little home made missions in the editor. 

Egg keeps trying to get me on the server again.... may need to round up my boys and hit charlie in the vil for a while....

nice work, cheers, keep it up, and Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Happy New Year from Pacific! Only strikes inbound are mosquitoes!

• Like 1

hay has anyone else been getting glitches with there mod like vics running out of fule mid flight after one min of flight or the boats taking all ammo away from you. also nades seem to drop to are feet and theres a thing were all vics leak like a civ. i asked devil and he said it happened to them when me and a friend joined a server they were playing on. so if you have a buged version dont join servers you fix it. ask eggbeast he saw it first hand to and even banned my friend off the server haveing a version that was bugged. that led to qustions though.

anyone else get this 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eggbeast said:

Apex is on sale on BI store for £12.50

https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma3-apex

thats how i finally convinced myself to pay for a 35 dollar "dlc" that adds one map.

i gotta say though the delta release is pretty great. the khe sahn map will be very cool once it is finished. the maps have a lot of detail and a good feeling of realism that you won't get from many other maps. once again i stake the claim that this is the best mod for any arma or ofp game. some 2.5 ton trucks for the united states would be nice though :P

my question is that i want to use some of the A-4'S,A-6's,F-4's etc as CAS with alive. the only problem is they spawn with their wings folded and refuse to move because of it. the ai pilot is too dumb to fold them down. is there a script that i can put in the init line of the plane to get the wings to fold down? maybe the runways at khe sanh are "fake" runways that the AI can't follow i.e. taxi, take off and land? thanks.

they should only spawn with their wings folded if on or near to a runway. if they spawn in-flight they should not be folded.

we have noticed an old previously-solved issue crept back in whereby the wings fold on player init for EVERY JIP player in MP. well annoying - we had definitely fixed that before in A2 2.6.

there is an unfold wing script that should fold them if they start speeding up over a certain amount. need to test it is working i guess.

F4 scripts likely to be older state than the others. so that i can't promise will work properly.

to override the animations you can use

init line

this animate ["wingfold_left",0, true]; this animate ["wingfold_right",0, true];

• Like 4

23 hours ago, eggbeast said:

they should only spawn with their wings folded if on or near to a runway. if they spawn in-flight they should not be folded.

we have noticed an old previously-solved issue crept back in whereby the wings fold on player init for EVERY JIP player in MP. well annoying - we had definitely fixed that before in A2 2.6.

there is an unfold wing script that should fold them if they start speeding up over a certain amount. need to test it is working i guess.

F4 scripts likely to be older state than the others. so that i can't promise will work properly.

to override the animations you can use

init line

this animate ["wingfold_left",0, true]; this animate ["wingfold_right",0, true];

you the man eggbeast. that works perfect for folding them wings down. still cant get an airplane to do CAS with alive but thats not your problem anyway.

if anyone does know anything about alive and this mod and can help me out that would be great. to get f-4 phantoms to take off from khe sanh to do bombing runs and what not.

til then im using USAF m200 helis (thats historical, aint it).

btw good luck on your life and this mod man i really hope things come together smoothly for the unsung team.

Are there any guides on using the SEAD missiles in this mod? I can't seem to get them to lock on properly to radars using the context menu options, am I missing something?

9 hours ago, dumm dummer said:

We need  radio  RTO man   to call support    like  a  in  version  2.6

I too am anxious for the radio support package to be ported over. However , the mastermind behind the scripting Columdrum is on extended hiatus from the team. We need someone whom is advanced in scripting to help port it over. For those whom didn't download our arma 2 release and see this in action look here,:

All you hear , the virtual AM radio station and battle chatter will also be making a comeback if we can crack the code ;)

• Like 2

yeah plus the cool voice acting you had and the interface from pete - if we could get his RTO anims working too we'd be golden.

5.png

prc90_zpsutffohcz.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all,

I wrote a script to make BI supports available when RTO is on backpack, only.

You want a unit able to call support when grabbing any kind of unsung radio backpack (+TFAR), and loose this capacity when dropping it, and important behavior so hard to do: repeatable? here it is:

Important! : name your modules requester (here req), (virtual or real support providers, here cas1, arty1, drop1).

Important too: sync all modules as usual, except between unit (caller) and requester. This link is added/removed by script.

in init.sqf:

MGI_radios = ["UNS_alice_FR","UNS_USMC_RTO","UNS_USMC_RTO2","UNS_ARMY_RTO","UNS_ARMY_RTO2","UNS_SF_RTO"];

MGI_fnc_radioSupport = compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "MGI_fnc_radioSupport.sqf";
player spawn MGI_fnc_radioSupport; // the code for RTO
player addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn",{(_this select 0) spawn MGI_fnc_radioSupport}];  //  for respawn loop

addMissionEventHandler ["teamSwitch", {    // like for tasks, but in this case, SP team switch is one of the toughest thing to make it work! to be tested deeper...
  params ["_ancient","_newbie"];
  [req,_ancient] call BIS_fnc_removeSupportLink;
  _newbie spawn MGI_fnc_radioSupport;
  BIS_requesterFSM = nil;
  [req] execVM "A3\modules_f\supports\init_requester.sqf";
  [drop1] execVM "A3\modules_f\supports\init_provider_virtual.sqf";
  [cas1]  execVM "A3\modules_f\supports\init_provider_virtual.sqf";
  [arty1]  execVM "A3\modules_f\supports\init_provider_virtual.sqf";
  call BIS_SUPP_refreshMainWindow;
}];

MGI_fnc_radioSupport.sqf

_plyr = _this;
_plyr spawn {

_unit = _this;
    while {alive _unit} do {
      waituntil {sleep 2; (backpack _unit in MGI_radios or (backpack _unit) isKindOf "TFAR_bag_base")}; // TFAR_bag_base is case of TFAR mod present
      [_unit,req,cas1] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink;
      [_unit,req,drop1] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink;
      [_unit,req,arty1] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink;

waituntil {sleep 2; (!(backpack _unit in MGI_radios) && !((backpack _unit) isKindOf "TFAR_bag_base"))};
     [req,_unit] call BIS_fnc_removeSupportLink;
    };
  };

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think I now know why the voices are heard in the VA, they are coming from the virtual target practice soldiers. My source is when shot in vanilla the pain noises can be heard even when you go back to arsenal

Are the sounds of tanks are broken only with me, whether that be for now? Very cool to be back to playing the old way, without modern equipment. Thanks a lot.

tanks sounds require physx in the model - this is WIP

• Like 1

lord gore has posted a tone of cool vids of our team op in da krong on sunday - the op lasted for 12 hours straight...

calm and solid players to a man

• Like 3

in this vid hunter team (me and alabama blacksnake) get cut off doing recon, and have to fight our way out of an overrun position, repeatedly calling raptor (darkscuzz) for CAS in an f100. the constant contact reports indicate the intensity of the battle. filmed by lord gore, who was in the hacker team (main strike force, seen in vid holding  a LUP). In this vid you can hear all callsigns radio chatter, but in the battle we could only hear if we had radios etc.

some good patrolling / squad work to follow

this movie is arma gold - totally absorbing experience

• Like 1

I still have no idea how the hell we got out of there in one piece. I was convinced we were going to be ripped apart from behind as soon as we hit the water.

..still, it was a far better choice than staying where we were... :hang:

• Like 1