sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

On 12/19/2016 at 10:05 AM, eggbeast said:

uns_m113_ENG does some limited work for you there

or use one of the many community missions scripts available.

if you are not running busy servers, try the uns_enable_special_items module or w/e i called it.

place that module in your missions, and then anything within 50m of an eng m113 will be repair/ refuel / rearm and all MR aircraft will be dynamically re-armable to diff loadouts. beware it can cause lag in MP with a lot of players, hence not pushing it up front.

Heads up Eggbeast,

I just tried using the module and placing the M113 Engineer vehicles down and I wasn't able to get any options to rearm/refuel/repair vehicles and/or aircraft in the area.  I tried syncing the module directly to the vehicles as well to no avail.  Is there something else I need to do?

12 hours ago, Andry Priandani said:

Hmm its alright for while my mission use a original A3 artillery..

Yeah finaly the fix for heli gunner thanks unsung teams,..

Hmm..its so weird,..

If I make a mission,.. i put the chooper (UH-1D) and sync with heli Cas module,and next i call the cas heli , they coming and flying so high,..maybe i think the heli get a best position for attack but they never attack if a heli fly on top the enemy they say CAS complete but enemy never get fire from heli ..

Thats so diferent if i use a cobra and original heli from A3 they normal fly and do fire on CAS location,..

And if i make transport UH from base to location wthout module, i make a 5 waypoint , yeah back to flying altitude problem the heli fly high so high and the heli always round the waypoint before go to any waypoint,.. so the heli not fly straight but always around before go on the waypoint,.. haha.. maybe you can help my heli problem..

8 hours ago, eggbeast said:

reported many times thanks

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it seems it's the UH-1 (all types) maxspeed that is causing this. Currently it is set to 62, and they fly like a hot air balloon with the burner stuck on. I tried setting this to 200 (about the real UH-1's cruising speed) and the problem vanished, they fly at treetop height. By default, using a waypoint 1.5km away and a default move waypoint, the chopper would be ~420m altitude by the time it reached the WP. With the higher speed, it was the same height as other choppers, (CH-47, RHS UH-60/MI-8, vanilla choppers, etc). 

A separate issue (assume it's not intended) exists with the artillery. The various charge/range bands do not overlap as typical, but have gaps between them. This can be seen in the arty computer, and when using AI group member arty using the command menu/fire commands. For example *fictional numbers* it may be from 400m-800m, then 1200m-1600m, 2200m-2800m, etc, but unable to fire between these range bands. Noticed this with all US howitzers/SPA. 

On the positive side, thanks for the Delta update, love the new M113s! :) Really a great variety of toys so far, can't wait to see what comes along next time. 

2 hours ago, BvB1 said:

Currently it is set to 62, and they fly like a hot air balloon with the burner stuck on. I tried setting this to 200 (about the real UH-1's cruising speed) and the problem vanished, they fly at treetop height.

Hmm your right missed that one , it should be set to 217 but was remmed out of config for some reason..

• Like 1

yeah i remmed it out and set it much lower as it was still reaching over 200kmh when set at 62, but at least we could fly it without crashing all the time. when set to 200 it was going up to 400km/h and becoming very unstable to fly. we probably need to add physx and mass correctly to fix its behaviour.

so far not many of our vehicle have physx added as we lack anyone in the team who knows how.  having had a coaching session with chairborne i am fairly comfortable to start experimenting on the tanks. once they work i will look at the aircraft.

we know about the arty charges, just be grateful i managed to fix it to the state its in for delta. it took us 2 years to work out what was wrong with the models. and i only tripped over the answer purely by chance after having given up years ago.

• Like 1

some pics of last night's impromptu game (a bunch of us assembled at about midnight UK time and ran a patrol from dusk til midnight in game time (finished at 6am uk time - went to bed with the birds)

Taking a village on Da Krong - we had become forked by a tank, a AAA truck and 2-3 squads of enfillading NVA - was a miracle we fought through it - amazing what a calm and tenacious team can achieve.

OoY1KKT.jpg

Relocating to the next AO in the ch47, people were worried by the failing light

vCONh6w.jpg

This pic was taken shortly after a massive battle in the death bowl (a particular village in the south west of da krong) where we were being hammered from above on 2 sides, with reinforcements rushing up a slope to hit us in the rear at very close quarters, we managed to smash them with accurate rifle fire and the 60mm mortar, and Bulli in his M48 which arrived in the nick of time. Judicious use of flares from the support menu (in evo mission), the mortar and sav with his flare pistol plus some huts that caught fire kept the lights on throughout the battle. By the end everyone was convinced that night fighting is way more fun than daylight.

The pic shows an unfortunate NVA AAA truck that we hunted down near n LZ east of the bowl.

MY2KHO7.jpg

Patrolling in the deep night - not too dark with a m48 following you... and plenty of NVA equipment to light on fire.

7VkzJoh.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BvB1 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it seems it's the UH-1 (all types) maxspeed that is causing this. Currently it is set to 62, and they fly like a hot air balloon with the burner stuck on. I tried setting this to 200 (about the real UH-1's cruising speed) and the problem vanished, they fly at treetop height. By default, using a waypoint 1.5km away and a default move waypoint, the chopper would be ~420m altitude by the time it reached the WP. With the higher speed, it was the same height as other choppers, (CH-47, RHS UH-60/MI-8, vanilla choppers, etc). 

A separate issue (assume it's not intended) exists with the artillery. The various charge/range bands do not overlap as typical, but have gaps between them. This can be seen in the arty computer, and when using AI group member arty using the command menu/fire commands. For example *fictional numbers* it may be from 400m-800m, then 1200m-1600m, 2200m-2800m, etc, but unable to fire between these range bands. Noticed this with all US howitzers/SPA. 

Oh thanks man, maybe i can try your way..

So where i can change UH speed setting ?, or need some code?..

I really need the chopper for my mission..

About artillery, i try everything,.. support modul, fire mission, and script but they never fire, sometimes howitzers firing,.. but the big gun not moving to the top just move right and left,.. but i try the ordinance effect modul and the list have the howitzer, lol  ..

1 hour ago, eggbeast said:

yeah i remmed it out and set it much lower as it was still reaching over 200kmh when set at 62, but at least we could fly it without crashing all the time. when set to 200 it was going up to 400km/h and becoming very unstable to fly. we probably need to add physx and mass correctly to fix its behaviour.

so far not many of our vehicle have physx added as we lack anyone in the team who knows how.  having had a coaching session with chairborne i am fairly comfortable to start experimenting on the tanks. once they work i will look at the aircraft.

we know about the arty charges, just be grateful i managed to fix it to the state its in for delta. it took us 2 years to work out what was wrong with the models. and i only tripped over the answer purely by chance after having given up years ago.

So this some bug on UH ?..

Hmm physx.. i interested but i can't help cause i dont know about that..

Yeah i know its not full realease,.. but your work so very great and so awesome..

I hope on Echo unsung team have full man,.. so the mod can full realease ..

Keep good work team :) ..

2 hours ago, eggbeast said:

some pics of last night's impromptu game (a bunch of us assembled at about midnight UK time and ran a patrol from dusk til midnight in game time (finished at 6am uk time - went to bed with the birds)

This pic was taken shortly after a massive battle in the death bowl (a particular village in the south west of da krong) where we were being hammered from above on 2 sides, with reinforcements rushing up a slope to hit us in the rear at very close quarters, we managed to smash them with accurate rifle fire and the 60mm mortar, and Bulli in his M48 which arrived in the nick of time. Judicious use of flares from the support menu (in evo mission), the mortar and sav with his flare pistol plus some huts that caught fire kept the lights on throughout the battle. By the end everyone was convinced that night fighting is way more fun than daylight.

The battle of the bowl has to go down as one of the most spectacular and thrilling things I`ve ever been involved in.

It was anywhere between 45-90 minutes of ferocious defence against an overwhelming force that just wouldn`t give up. Our small patrol, stuck in a ruined village at the bottom of a tree lined bowl, with the enemy constantly charging and pinning us from their main assault, while they flanked both sides of us. Occasional sneak attacks from behind adding to the chaos. Our objective was literally 20 metres away, with no way to reach it.

Tracer fire, grenades, and RPG trails rained down from all sides, and we gave them as much lead, WP and mortar rounds as they could take. It was as glorious, spectacular and as unbelievably intense as you could ever imagine.

....and that was only one part of the trip through the green hell that night :)

A truly great team effort, from a solid bunch of guys. I salute you all.

• Like 1

Any chance we can get the 3.1 patch on a mega or Gdrive link? I dont use torrents due to previous bad experiences.  Pretty please? :) Epic work on this update!

Edit: I am stupid.

• Like 2

Very nice job!

Please enable again flashlight on most primary weapons. Realism is one thing, playability at night is another thing. Let the mission makers decide what to enable or not. As far as arsenal doesn't forbid the Apex weapons, it's a pity to choose modern guns just for that. Please, make difference between real Vietnam world and pleasure to play Unsung. Just let us the choice!

sorry pierre, i do respect your opinion a lot but i am not ever intending to allow modern attachments on our lovely period weaponry. if you find it that bad, and dont mind breaking immersion, just add NVG to your players

• Like 1

No problem! Just asked because Unsung Alpha did it.

I'd rather like flashlight than NVG anyway.

My aim is to have fun and adapt my Unsung scenario to Arma Apex & Unsung Delta (underway).

I disabled laser guidance in BI support module, add some Napalm effects, make Viet more vulnerable (OPFOR are often too bullet proof without any protect). And I'm about to add a bunch of mission parameters also, for suicide bombers, time multiplayer (I know it's not realistic!), arsenal allowed or not, weapons loot, stamina or not, markers on incapacitated...

The aim is to please at the most players, admin making choices. Hope this will be a success!

Here's an interesting galley of photos from Nam:

http://imgur.com/gallery/BsMj0

That People Sniffer is proof that it was one of the craziest wars ever.

BTW other than the in-built missions and those eggbeast's Steam Workshop, can anyone recommend some good COOP missions?

half the pics aint nam, one looks like colombia to me (burning hut). some good ones though cheers

I'm unable to load any of the SP missions on the front page. I'm running stable branch, Delta with the patch, with just Unsung alone and also Unsung and CBA (just to see if that would help). I see the missions in the scenarios selection screen, but I get booted back to the scenario select screen after trying to play any of them. By chance would there be additional mod requirements that I would be missing?

EDIT: I own Apex as well.

• Like 1

Is there anybody who success in making a CAS bombing support?

The CAS bombing is a little bit "fragile" in APEX (need single crew as far as driver is concerned and a "hard" under the marker coordinates).

But, with UNSUNG planes, it doesn't seem to work anymore at all! Neither F4 nor A7 (cas version).  I open a ticket on BI troubleshooting. Your feedback welcome (please describe the plane and the way to make it work repeatable).

bit of night-fighting here with our new Project Delta recruits - these guys had never fought together or at night before.

another good one of our new guys working as a team

Everything about this Mod is amazing. The units, the weapons, and the vehicles. Its really like a whole new game in itself, I'd call it a total conversion.

The only question I have, is there a way to turn off the ambient chatter of the OPfor? When Im in VAS the sounds of the NVA and VC talking is over bearing. 

• Like 2

many people have requested this - i hear it in zeus too. we shall have to try to find a solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggbeast said:

many people have requested this - i hear it in zeus too. we shall have to try to find a solution.

It will be very much appreciated. Other than that, the mod is flawless. 

12 hours ago, eggbeast said:

Yes nice! Furthermore, it's not your fault but an Arma's engine weird behavior, hidden + "disabled simulation" units are speaking, coughing... I hope BI will do something for this ridiculous situation. I didn't find a workaround so far.

• Like 1