Jump to content
Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Cannot even join a Dev server whatsoever. I get access violation even after disabling BE.  Shame BIS wants people to test out this stuff but some can't even play on any DEV servers

Is the server running the 64 bit exe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, road runner said:

what does the RPT say, and do you have a game controller connected? as this was the same thing happening to me.

I'm unsure how to get to my RPT. And I do not have a game controller. Just a simple Mouse and Keyboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CALLUMJWEBSTER said:

I'm unsure how to get to my RPT. And I do not have a game controller. Just a simple Mouse and Keyboard. 

you need to go to your C:Drive users/user/AppData/local/Arma3 folder it will be in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, petek said:

Early days but performance using the 64 bit .exe is markedly worse for me. Showcase infantry down from around 25-30 FPS to about 8;-) Not sure if any settings in parameters will help at mo. No mods loaded. Not expecting miracles.... but every little helps;-)

Win 10, i7-4810MQ @2.8GHz MSI GT40 2 PC Dominator laptop, 24 GB RAM,Nvidia Geforce 860M 6GB RAM.

I don't want to be mean and that isn't the point of me posting here but, this is dev-test branch of game to start with. 64 bit at its very early stages. Excuse me but you are talking about laptop, already crippled - handicapped hardware not running this test branch as it should. I dont think it is the best idea to run a developer branch of arma on laptop, just saying.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost made the drive around Tanoa island until game crashed. I don't get it, if I set the  "System memory limit (64-bit) to 8095", why did the "Commit" memory blaze through that barrier and cause the crash?

7kiHzl0.png

 

8kMd9EY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, road runner said:

The two mods know to conflict are ACE3 and ALiVE

 

FYI - BETA 64 BIT DLLs here:

 

Put the dlls INTO the mod folder  eg: @ACE3 or whatever the steam folder is. It needs to be right next to the older 32bit dll files. Same for Task Force Radio!

 

I tested ACE3 in 64 bit last night! Works like a champ and the 64 bit does help with stuttering. Hope I can find a better 64 bit graphics driver for my aging gpu but in actual game play, maybe 5 FPS difference but my min frames feel smoother overall with the same settings. Will try to increase the object and terrain detail up to ultra and draw distances.

 

I was getting a ton of out of memory crashes in the Dev 1.67 32 bit but so far, none in 64 bit. Now with ACE3 working, back to more testing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valken said:

 

FYI - BETA 64 BIT DLLs here:

 

Put the dlls INTO the mod folder  eg: @ACE3 or whatever the steam folder is. It needs to be right next to the older 32bit dll files. Same for Task Force Radio!

 

I tested ACE3 in 64 bit last night! Works like a champ and the 64 bit does help with stuttering. Hope I can find a better 64 bit graphics driver for my aging gpu but in actual game play, maybe 5 FPS difference but my min frames feel smoother overall with the same settings. Will try to increase the object and terrain detail up to ultra and draw distances.

 

I was getting a ton of out of memory crashes in the Dev 1.67 32 bit but so far, none in 64 bit. Now with ACE3 working, back to more testing!

Thanks, I'll give the ACE one a go, what posters and members need to realise as well as that the 64 bit exe is still in the DEV/Test stage, the conflicting addons are doing the right thing, by waiting for the bugs to be ironed out, and the 64 bit hits main branch.

It's still very much being put through its paces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CALLUMJWEBSTER said:

http://prntscr.com/dk03ys It's not here.

http://prntscr.com/dk05gm or here.

 

Any other places worth looking to find it?

Okay, I don't really like telling people what they should do to make all their folders visible, as some, the important ones are hidden by default.

you can search on how to do that through google, as I don't want to be blamed for something that can go wrong mate.

Also try searching for it in C:Drive just type in .rpt in the search box, it should come up with a whole load, it''s the one that says arma 3 on it you need to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks BI for the update (:

So, 64bit executable but still my process manages to stay around 2/3gb of ram.

I wonder how you guys did manage to fill it up as shown in the OPREP screenshots.

Tried different ram allocators (64b included). All on Ultra and even with 12km viewdistance.

Must say it did run very smooth and loading times are almost gone.

 

13j7xM0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, road runner said:

Okay, I don't really like telling people what they should do to make all their folders visible, as some, the important ones are hidden by default.

you can search on how to do that through google, as I don't want to be blamed for something that can go wrong mate.

Also try searching for it in C:Drive just type in .rpt in the search box, it should come up with a whole load, it''s the one that says arma 3 on it you need to look at.

 Uhhhhh.... http://prntscr.com/dk0bf5 That's all the Arma 3 ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a weird issue... Arma 32bit works normally; however, if I launch 64bit, I get extreme mouse lag. if I move my mouse in circles, the FPS drops as low as 15FPS (from a constant 63FPS). When playing a single player campaign if I move the mouse erratically for 2-3 seconds, the character continues to move for 1-2 after I stop moving the mouse.

 

I played with mouse smoothing and acceleration and vsync (normally I have them all completely off) nothing fixes it save reloading in 32 bit mode... Pity cause otherwise the game is running fantastically in 64bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1LT.Wolf.F said:

I got a weird issue... Arma 32bit works normally; however, if I launch 64bit, I get extreme mouse lag. if I move my mouse in circles, the FPS drops as low as 15FPS (from a constant 63FPS). When playing a single player campaign if I move the mouse erratically for 2-3 seconds, the character continues to move for 1-2 after I stop moving the mouse.

 

I played with mouse smoothing and acceleration and vsync (normally I have them all completely off) nothing fixes it save reloading in 32 bit mode... Pity cause otherwise the game is running fantastically in 64bit

mouse driver 32 bit or 64 bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, road runner said:

mouse driver 32 bit or 64 bit?

 

Good question, I tried to look for that, but couldn't find it out... I tried 2 different mice, and the same effect... know anyway to find out which the driver's using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1LT.Wolf.F said:

 

Good question, I tried to look for that, but couldn't find it out... I tried 2 different mice, and the same effect... know anyway to find out which the driver's using?

If you go into control panel and check the attached devices and right click to get the mouse properties, it should have the driver details there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, road runner said:

If you go into control panel and check the attached devices and right click to get the mouse properties, it should have the driver details there.

 

I don't see anything definitive that says 32bit, x86, 64bit, or amd64... This doesn't happen in any other 64 bit applications/games... and I think, but am uncertain, that if the driver works in 64bit windows it's a 64bit driver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1LT.Wolf.F said:

 

I don't see anything definitive that says 32bit, x86, 64bit, or amd64... This doesn't happen in any other 64 bit applications/games... and I think, but am uncertain, that if the driver works in 64bit windows it's a 64bit driver

it was only a SWAG (sophisticated wild arsed guess) that it might be the driver, try a different mouse?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using any mouse acceleration software from a 3rd party? IF so, try to disable ALL of it. Some of those may not be 64 bit or just betas.

 

Even though I use a Logitech MX Revolution (love this mouse), I ONLY use the default windows mouse drivers.

 

I have mouse smoothing turned OFF under controls in ARMA also.

 

Try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1LT.Wolf.F said:

I got a weird issue... Arma 32bit works normally; however, if I launch 64bit, I get extreme mouse lag. if I move my mouse in circles, the FPS drops as low as 15FPS (from a constant 63FPS). When playing a single player campaign if I move the mouse erratically for 2-3 seconds, the character continues to move for 1-2 after I stop moving the mouse.

 

I played with mouse smoothing and acceleration and vsync (normally I have them all completely off) nothing fixes it save reloading in 32 bit mode... Pity cause otherwise the game is running fantastically in 64bit

 

Try setting GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 in arma3.cfg. Then disable V-Sync.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CALLUMJWEBSTER said:

Here? http://prntscr.com/dk0mpx

I've looked it up. It's nothing but what looks like encoded scripting stuff...  http://prntscr.com/dk0ocm

That's because it looks like you've opened the wrong file, according to the name on the notepad, you've opened a kernel.dll that's why it looks like encoded stuff because it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are running on a laptop and getting bad performance read this!!

 

If you are running on your laptop with an nvidia graphics card,

make sure you add the arma3_x64.exe to the Nvidia control panel and check that you have

your Nvidia card selected instead of integrated graphics. My performance was terrible until I

realized that because its a new x64.exe the game is running off of. I needed to add this new

executable and specify to not run on integrated graphics. Hope this helps some of you that may be having issues.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for myself have very good performance in the game (not have tested Georgetown yet) since the upgrade to 64-bit.

I am only using following parameter settings: 64-bit.exe, -skipintro and -nosplash
and left everything else untouched (default).

Even in AI heavy missions (f.e. recent official "Combat Patrol" mission) the performance in Kavala was between 30-40 fps and pretty good on my end.

My specifications:

GPU: GTX 580 3GB VRAM
CPU: i7 3770K (oc 4.00 Ghz)
RAM: (3x4) 12 GB 1666 Mhz
OS: Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×