Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

8 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

Im getting crashes after "Arma 3 is low on memory" notification. Weird becuase I have still a lot of free ram.

Do you've page file disabled? How much RAM you've?

16GB, 2GB pagefile. 

When it says low memory there's about 8GB used from 16GB

11 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

16GB, 2GB pagefile. 

When it says low memory there's about 8GB used from 16GB

Could you try again with Windows itself handling the pagefile size?

It's handling itself by now. I told you size of it.

4 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

How much of it was used when the crash happened?

Having this as well - happens faster w. mods (RHS especially) and less with Vanilla DEV 64bit.

8GB RAM + Win 10 controlled page file. ArmA3 on SSD.

Same here. When 8GB gets full, Windows keeps showing the "low memory" warning, although 8GB is still free.
Windows 10 here.

Yup, exactly as I said. 

Im also getting bugs with coop play. Im hosting server with open ports but my buddy keeps getting kicked from lobby. He needs to join about 2-3 times to get finally connected and then it works good. 

20 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

So Windows set the pagefile size to 2GB? Just want to clarify.

Hmm my issues was with memory cannot be read.  But CTD nonetheless.  Hoping this can be sorted out. Tried leaving page file set to controlled by windows on C drive.  And recently changed it two different drives and over 10Gb each.  Same results.  AlsoFYI I had 64gb of ram so def not a ram issue.  Did a memtest and those came back clean.  Could not replicate exact time or issue that causes it other then it randomly crashing during gameplay.  This is while playing SP

1 hour ago, Drift_91 said:

So Windows set the pagefile size to 2GB? Just want to clarify.

Yes, it's about 2500 MB now. I have SSD and 16 Gigs of RAM so page file is mostly useless. 

64bit has not helped at all on view distance on the Tanoa map or object distance. Using the CUP maps the 64bit has made a large difference allowing me to boost view distance up to 4000 and even boosting sampling up to 125-130 even 150 is still giving me high fps apart from in large towns. I have everything set at ultra apart from PIP which I have off as it always has halved the fps. Chenarus looks so good with the views up higher and is silky smooth with no stutters like the newer maps especially Tanoa has.

Tanoa crashes the game a lot with memory reference issues or reading issues even just in the editor flying around with the camera. The texture streaming on Tanoa can be very slow cause large areas to be blurred for a while until the texture pops in.

13 minutes ago, Ray Solar said:

64bit has not helped at all on view distance on the Tanoa map or object distance. Using the CUP maps the 64bit has made a large difference allowing me to boost view distance up to 4000 and even boosting sampling up to 125-130 even 150 is still giving me high fps apart from in large towns. I have everything set at ultra apart from PIP which I have off as it always has halved the fps. Chenarus looks so good with the views up higher and is silky smooth with no stutters like the newer maps especially Tanoa has.

Tanoa crashes the game a lot with memory reference issues or reading issues even just in the editor flying around with the camera. The texture streaming on Tanoa can be very slow cause large areas to be blurred for a while until the texture pops in.

As I understand the 64-bit build shouldn't be increasing your FPS at higher view distance. It's main purpose is to stabilize performance, not boost it. I may be wrong on the view distance though, someone correct me if I am.

• Like 1

64-bit operations are a bit faster so you should see 2-3 fps increase

50 minutes ago, Drift_91 said:

As I understand the 64-bit build shouldn't be increasing your FPS at higher view distance. It's main purpose is to stabilize performance, not boost it. I may be wrong on the view distance though, someone correct me if I am.

I understand it is not going to increase fps but it should stabilise it and allow you to use a higher view distance,  but on Tanoa it is not stabilising the fps at all. The map still has the stutters and hitches and I still have to set the view down at 1000 or under. There are huge drops in fps in certain places on Tanoa even when nothing much is on the screen.

4000 on other maps, 1000 and below on Tanoa that is a big difference and that's not even with any AI in at all.

It is interesting that on the map proving ground there is zero grass lod pop or changes in the lod's. I have gone over and over the map spinning the camera fast first person and third person. The grass is totally stable no changes in the lods at all.

Put the other maps on and they are horrid. Constant lod changes all over the screen of the grasses.

• Like 1

Go to George town on Tanoa  without any AI and look at the fps no matter the view distance. That's also where the broken building lods are too. The apartment blocks with the red stripes. all of them at some point when facing certain ways will cause the lods to go blurred. 100% repeatable in the same places. Move closer to them with the camera or with your character .

The small single story blue building that is copy and pasted all over the entire map just with different posters on it also has LOD change issues. Its the one with the ION security services poster on it.

Once you see one broken LOD you start noticing them all over the map. Building after building will change in some way when you move around the map. They will do it at exactly the same point too. The changes are far to close to the camera, the worst of any game I have seen.

Fly over Tanoa in a helicopter and watch every tree's lod change constantly back and forth right underneath you totally change shape constantly. The whole LOD system is broken and has been since Apex.

18 minutes ago, Ray Solar said:

I understand it is not going to increase fps but it should stabilise it and allow you to use a higher view distance,  but on Tanoa it is not stabilising the fps at all. The map still has the stutters and hitches and I still have to set the view down at 1000 or under. There are huge drops in fps in certain places on Tanoa even when nothing much is on the screen.

4000 on other maps, 1000 and below on Tanoa that is a big difference and that's not even with any AI in at all.

It is interesting that on the map proving ground there is zero grass lod pop or changes in the lod's. I have gone over and over the map spinning the camera fast first person and third person. The grass is totally stable no changes in the lods at all.

Put the other maps on and they are horrid. Constant lod changes all over the screen of the grasses.

I see what you're saying now. I thought you meant you already had your view distance at a normal setting and expected the 64-bit to allow it to go higher.

I have major performance problems on Tanoa as well. But I had attributed it to my hard drive due to others with the same model having performance issues with it. Whenever I enter a town my game has serious half-second stutters if I'm going any faster than 40 km/h. Once I'm in the centre of the town and stationary, my FPS restabilizes after a short time.

21 minutes ago, Ray Solar said:

Go to George town on Tanoa  without any AI and look at the fps no matter the view distance. That's also where the broken building lods are too. The apartment blocks with the red stripes. all of them at some point when facing certain ways will cause the lods to go blurred. 100% repeatable in the same places. Move closer to them with the camera or with your character .

The small single story blue building that is copy and pasted all over the entire map just with different posters on it also has LOD change issues. Its the one with the ION security services poster on it.

Once you see one broken LOD you start noticing them all over the map. Building after building will change in some way when you move around the map. They will do it at exactly the same point too. The changes are far to close to the camera, the worst of any game I have seen.

Fly over Tanoa in a helicopter and watch every tree's lod change constantly back and forth right underneath you totally change shape constantly. The whole LOD system is broken and has been since Apex.

Have you tried increasing the object quality? I recall seeing issues with LoD when it was set low a while back.

Just now, Drift_91 said:

I see what you're saying now. I thought you meant you already had your view distance at a normal setting and expected the 64-bit to allow it to go higher.

I have major performance problems on Tanoa as well. But I had attributed it to my hard drive due to others with the same model having performance issues with it. Whenever I enter a town my game has serious half-second stutters if I'm going any faster than 40 km/h. Once I'm in the centre of the town and stationary, my FPS restabilizes after a short time.

I am on a fast SSD too and still get the stutters constantly in Tanoa, it is not as bad as it was if I put it on a normal Drive. Stutters like that are normally due to streaming issues of textures, or assets. The engine is just being crippled by the LODs and everything trying to stream in. Pre Apex nothing like that happened. basically the more complex the maps are the worse all the LOD problems get, and the streaming of items becomes an issue.

Sad thing is this is all without any AI which is the whole point of the game. A mil sim is pretty useless if it just become a broken landscape and fog simulator. There is no way you can have fire fights with fps as low as 35-50 and be precise and have enough landscape in view to be immersive.

10 minutes ago, Drift_91 said:

Have you tried increasing the object quality? I recall seeing issues with LoD when it was set low a while back.

Yeah it makes no difference the same amount of pop and change happens. Mine is set at ultra at the moment. The trees will change around 4-5 times right underneath you, rocks do the same. Its all just broken. Certain of the lods actually flicker too. Mainly on the trees.

With no AI I just can't keep Tanoa over 60fps no matter the settings, even dropping objects to all the way down. fly over a major town and it drops to 35-50. Simply not playable. Put AI in and its just not worth it.

1 minute ago, Ray Solar said:

With no AI I just can't keep Tanoa over 60fps no matter the settings, even dropping objects to all the way down. fly over a major town and it drops to 35-50. Simply not playable. Put AI in and its just not worth it.

Sounds to me like you're being bottlenecked by your CPU. What kind of processor do you have?

2 hours ago, Ray Solar said:

fly over a major town and it drops to 35-50. Simply not playable

Lol, what!? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Solar said:

Hyperbole at its finest. :f:

AS drift_91 says, it sounds like you have other issues going on with your CPU.

14 minutes ago, spanishsurfer said:

Lol, what!? 

12 minutes ago, road runner said:

Hyperbole at its finest. :f:

AS drift_91 says, it sounds like you have other issues going on with your CPU.

I think he mistyped that or something. Because I agree with him, flying over a town is unplayable. What I experience is 1 or 2 second long stutters/freezes with 0.5 to 3 seconds of solid 30fps+ between. And this is with the 64-bit build reducing my stuttering by like ~70%. With 32-bit I experience that simply zooming in with a 4x optic. Now to be honest I have only played Tanoa with a massive modpack. I guess I'll try flying over a town in vanilla and see what happens.