Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

Reporting back, no resolve. Game still crashes in same scenarios. Just now, i also got a CTD without even a message. Simply closed all the way without a trace. Launcher gave me "0xC0000374 - STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION".

All I would like to say to bohemia is i am tired of them messing up my game so no more support from me I will not bye anymore expansions or whatever they sell,gonna cancel my server and delete arma 3 totally from my pc.i pay 15 dollars for a 8 slot server that is how expensive things are in my country and now i have to upgrade my hardware for this new update,that is why i said earlier stop forcing the updates because i had to save for a year to buy this game.if you have a choice to update the game you can do it when you are ready financially.

Good bye Arma

It appears that when a server is restarting and you get the msg, "No Message Received", the game will always ctd upon pressing escape, or 20-30 seconds into timing out of the server. This forces you to leave the server before the game crashes, or simply restart. Most times it just crashes without giving you a chance. Can anyone else confirm?

3 hours ago, ICE68 said:

All I would like to say to bohemia is i am tired of them messing up my game so no more support from me I will not bye anymore expansions or whatever they sell,gonna cancel my server and delete arma 3 totally from my pc.i pay 15 dollars for a 8 slot server that is how expensive things are in my country and now i have to upgrade my hardware for this new update,that is why i said earlier stop forcing the updates because i had to save for a year to buy this game.if you have a choice to update the game you can do it when you are ready financially.

Good bye Arma

Sounds like your potato can no longer cut it.  Seriously, if you don't have a PC that can run 64bit then you need to stay away from any gaming never mind Arma3 !

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ICE68 said:

Good bye Arma

Literally whining about performance improvements

You can select 32 bit and 64 bit, i dont see the issue.

I wish people could understand when they are in fact edge-cases, and development shouldn't revolve around their snowflake situation.

• Like 7

save for a year to buy arma3, but can run a 15 dollar server each month? .. I call BS on that part, considering there's been awesome deals on steam where A3 has been dirt cheap.

There's so many of these whinging posts cropping up from newcomers, who must have been aware their game updates itself once they set it up on steam, stop blaming BIS for your inability to read through steams terms and conditions, and your inability to uncheck/check a few boxes.

Why all of a sudden are they appearing here, and yet not followed anything of devbuild, but come straight in whining and running down the game, personally I don't think the 64 bit exe should have been released so soon, it was obvious there was still one or two issues, but that's a corporate decision, and even on my shitty laptop, 32 bit and 64 bit still work for me, and allow me to view the VA to check addons etc.

• Like 3

Come on now .. he DOES has a whole 2 posts to his name.  He is big in the community.

Anyhoo digressing ... LOVING the 64bit executables.  Glad to see this development and bringing BIS into the 20th century (yes I know what I did there)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, road runner said:

save for a year to buy arma3, but can run a 15 dollar server each month? .. I call BS on that part, considering there's been awesome deals on steam where A3 has been dirt cheap.

There's so many of these whinging posts cropping up from newcomers, who must have been aware their game updates itself once they set it up on steam, stop blaming BIS for your inability to read through steams terms and conditions, and your inability to uncheck/check a few boxes.

Why all of a sudden are they appearing here, and yet not followed anything of devbuild, but come straight in whining and running down the game, personally I don't think the 64 bit exe should have been released so soon, it was obvious there was still one or two issues, but that's a corporate decision, and even on my shitty laptop, 32 bit and 64 bit still work for me, and allow me to view the VA to check addons etc.

The 64 bit version of the game has yet to appear on the hacked executables websites?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ICE68 said:

Good bye Arma

It took you one year to save up on a video game?

Sounds like you got other stuff to worry about, dude.

I for one welcome the 64bit exec, seen memory usage go up to near 8gb.

Can't test more for now since my 770 died on me.

Gonna wait til the end of the month and decide between a 1070/1080, might even benefit from further price drops (cheapest 1080s are around 499€ here)

7 hours ago, road runner said:

Why all of a sudden are they appearing here, and yet not followed anything of devbuild, but come straight in whining and running down the game

Just wait when school's over during summer.

I'm currently preparing myself for the influx of trolls/know it alls/altis life revolutionary new idea threads...

Cheers

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

It took you one year to save up on a video game?

Sounds like you got other stuff to worry about, dude.

I for one welcome the 64bit exec, seen memory usage go up to near 8gb.

Can't test more for now since my 770 died on me.

Gonna wait til the end of the month and decide between a 1070/1080, might even benefit from further price drops (cheapest 1080s are around 499€ here)

Just wait when school's over during summer.

I'm currently preparing myself for the influx of trolls/know it alls/altis life revolutionary new idea threads...

Cheers

This week I spotted a brand-new 1070 for €380 so their prices are finally dropping.

So NVIDIA's worried about Vega?

I hope so because the high-end tier has been dominated for too long by the green machine.

• Like 2

Cheapest 1070 in my area is 420€, cheapest 1080 is 499€. No brainer.

Wondering how the 64bit exec will improve flying the new jets at high view distances.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheapest 1070 in my area is 420€, cheapest 1080 is 499€. No brainer.

Wondering how the 64bit exec will improve flying the new jets at high view distances.

Cheers

I'd personally say 1070. I got the msi armor one ( cheaper version)  running with a rog swift 1440p. 

And it runs it very well. View distances have greatly improved with 64 bit .  I usually have on 4-5 k flying on ultra everything . Could no doubt go higher but I don't need to.

If you are pondering a 1080 for 1080p forget about it.

14 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

I

If you are pondering a 1080 for 1080p forget about it.

What makes you say that? I'm looking for something to drive a 2560 x 1440 monitor. My 970 isn't up to the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

What makes you say that? I'm looking for something to drive a 2560 x 1440 monitor. My 970 isn't up to the job.

What makes me say a gtx 1080 is overkill for 1080p gaming? I have a 970 running 1080 and its pretty smooth ultra settings 40 solid fps most servers I play on ( thank you 64 bit) . 

How is this relate to the 970 not cutting it in 2560 x1440p?

Ha maybe I'm missing something hungover a tad. 

1070 for me  is sweet spot for 1440p. It's essentially twice the power of the 970.

If the price is little in difference(thanks to the ti dropping) and you can afford it obviously go for the 1080. 

When you said 'forget about it', it wasn't clear if you were saying the 1080 is overkill or underpowered.

If I could afford it I'd upgrade to the Titan Xp, however as it is my overclocked 1080 will just have to do.  Seems to work well with the 64 bit executable :)

4 minutes ago, kremator said:

If I could afford it I'd upgrade to the Titan Xp, however as it is my overclocked 1080 will just have to do.  Seems to work well with the 64 bit executable :)

Is your screen much like mine?

4 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

When you said 'forget about it', it wasn't clear if you were saying the 1080 is overkill or underpowered.

I think that he means that it's an overkill.

Frankly, if you're playing at 1080p, a GTX 1060 seems to be the most cost-effective GPU right now.

If you're playing at 1440p, a GTX 1070 will provide good performance

And a GTX 1080 should provide healthy frames at 1440p. 

• Like 2

No such thing as overkill.

The 1060 has already problems reaching 60fps playing current games at ultra settings @ 1080p.

What's "overkill" now might be able to run games with solid fps in 2-3 years.

My 570 lasted almost 6 years, got replaced with a 770 4gb when arma3 came out.

That 770 lasted me also 4 years, unfortunately died on me, now I gotta replace it.

Either grabbing a 1060 and wait for volta to purchase a 1170/1180 or go with a 1070 or 1080 and be done for the next 3-4 years, which is making more sense.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

No such thing as overkill.

The 1060 has already problems reaching 60fps playing current games at ultra settings @ 1080p.

What's "overkill" now might be able to run games with solid fps in 2-3 years.

My 570 lasted almost 6 years, got replaced with a 770 4gb when arma3 came out.

That 770 lasted me also 4 years, unfortunately died on me, now I gotta replace it.

Either grabbing a 1060 and wait for volta to purchase a 1170/1180 or go with a 1070 or 1080 and be done for the next 3-4 years, which is making more sense.

Cheers

If you are looking at things holistically, overkill exists (bang for your buck).

i.e. how much do you save by opting for a 1060 compared to a 1070 or even 1080?

Knowing that could be spent elsewhere, e.g. faster CPU, faster RAM, SSD, etc.

9 hours ago, domokun said:

If you are looking at things holistically, overkill exists (bang for your buck).

i.e. how much do you save by opting for a 1060 compared to a 1070 or even 1080?

Knowing that could be spent elsewhere, e.g. faster CPU, faster RAM, SSD, etc.

That's not a holistic approach, but an economical one.

Might as well replace the word "overkill" with overpriced.

Not aimed at you particularly, but  what you're saying is pretty much what can be read or heard in any youtube hardware enthusiast video or hardware blog.

There's more to buying a gpu than just going after resolution@fps or parroting youtube/blogs (which does not belong into this thread anyway).

:yay:

Cheers

On 09/04/2017 at 9:06 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

That's not a holistic approach, but an economical one.

Might as well replace the word "overkill" with overpriced.

Not aimed at you particularly, but  what you're saying is pretty much what can be read or heard in any youtube hardware enthusiast video or hardware blog.

There's more to buying a gpu than just going after resolution@fps or parroting youtube/blogs (which does not belong into this thread anyway).

:yay:

Cheers

AFAIK holistic = taking into account the impact with regard to other components, aka "system integration", it may have economic concerns but above all it's about ensuring highest performance, often by reducing bottlenecks.

"overpriced" is an aspect that can only emerge once you've fixed yourself an objective, e.g. resolution@fps and a budget.

Moreover "over-priced" doesn't necessarily mean "over-kill'.

Hello all...

I know this is a very late thread but... I've discovered something very important regarding 64-bit Arma 3. 

Some of you may know or have heard of this problem by now, those who use 7.1 Surround Sound gaming headsets ( I use a Logitech 933 Artemis) experience a sudden drop in FPS, and an extremely disturbing "crackling" sound coming from their headsets whenever they are in First Person Mode and enter any large building, truck, tank, jet, etc. This lag spike and sound issue only occurs in first person mode and ONLY those who use Surround Sound gaming headsets on the 64-bit version of Arma 3. 

This is a very serious and annoying issue and I hope the Devs will notice this problem and will fix it as soon as possible.

In the mean time myself and many other players will have to run Arma in 32-bit as this is the only "temporary fix" the community was able to find. 

16 hours ago, RaptorAceX said:

Hello all...

I know this is a very late thread but... I've discovered something very important regarding 64-bit Arma 3. 

Some of you may know or have heard of this problem by now, those who use 7.1 Surround Sound gaming headsets ( I use a Logitech 933 Artemis) experience a sudden drop in FPS, and an extremely disturbing "crackling" sound coming from their headsets whenever they are in First Person Mode and enter any large building, truck, tank, jet, etc. This lag spike and sound issue only occurs in first person mode and ONLY those who use Surround Sound gaming headsets on the 64-bit version of Arma 3. 

This is a very serious and annoying issue and I hope the Devs will notice this problem and will fix it as soon as possible.

In the mean time myself and many other players will have to run Arma in 32-bit as this is the only "temporary fix" the community was able to find. 

Never ran into anything like that, I'm exclusively playing A3 with an otherworldly 5.1 system via hdmi out.

Do you get the same issues using different headsets (surround/non surround/other brand) or speakers?

Sounds like it's your specific headset giving you that issue.

Cheers

@RaptorAceX

What Logitech drivers you've tried? Have you tried to uninstall the current ones and then install new ones? You need the 64-bit drivers, some people have noticed that they have been running 32-bit ones.

It's very interesting that some people have those issues in 64-bit and some don't. When the same stuff happened in 32-bit sometimes through the years, it affected everyone with virtual surround. Current issue is much more specific thing for example I hadn't any issues with G930 or Asus Xonar virtual surround.

There are some topics in troubleshoot section with tickets. Try to look if those have any help. Post your hard/software in those tickets to help the devs narrow down the issue. They likely want to see your dxdiag file.

// Here

Ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124112

Try to give as much info as possible.