Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

10 minutes ago, orcinus said:

Hi m8

The main thread is here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/202299-workshop-continuously-trying-to-update-a-zero-byte-file/

There are several relevant other threads cited in the later posts. A search can likely turn up others.

A key post is this one from BI dev BIS_Wizard.

Among those affected was Foxhound (of Armaholic) - not exactly either a newbie or PC illiterate.

Ciao

Like BIS_Wizard stated in the post you quoted, it's an issue only affecting a small number of users and not an arma 3 problem.

Don't see how it fits into the 64bit executables devbranch thread.

Cheers

20 hours ago, orcinus said:

The launcher operates through the STEAM client. The STEAM client is broken, hence the Launcher is unavoidably affected. It won't make any difference whether the client is 32- or 64-bit.

Some good news - the latest beta client has apparently resolved the disappearing-mods issue for one user. See this thread:

I don't have any problem with the launcher... strange

Se sei italiano dimmelo ahahahaa ho letto un "ciao" in un tuo post

Will 64bit support more characters then what is currently hard-coded in 32bit v1.66 when using diag_log and copyToClipboard?
currently diag_log maxlimit is 1023 and copyToClipboard is 8184

Or is there a way of extending that limit by using a extension?
I know that KK's debug_console only supports 8184

2 hours ago, guzzenvonlidl said:

I know that KK's debug_console only supports 8184

Sorry, supports 8184 of what?

@killzone_kid

"debug_console" callExtension (_msg + "~0000")

That can only print 8184 characters and leading back to my first post I am guessing that's because your using copyToClipboard

@guzzenvonlidl
Arma extensions really don't have limit on input.
Its only the returned string back to arma which has a limit, arma 3 last i checked was 10k.

Sounds like you are using _msg = format which has an 8k limit on it.
Use joinString or str commands instead

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, torndeco said:

@guzzenvonlidl
Arma extensions really don't have limit on input.
Its only the returned string back to arma which has a limit, arma 3 last i checked was 10k.

Sounds like you are using _msg = format which has an 8k limit on it.
Use joinString or str commands instead

My bad, did not consider it was related to format

12 minutes ago, guzzenvonlidl said:

@killzone_kid

"debug_console" callExtension (_msg + "~0000")

That can only print 8184 characters and leading back to my first post I am guessing that's because your using copyToClipboard

I really have no idea what you are talking about

http://pastebin.com/rxVXFCJc just printed 100000 chars, you can count if you want. here is the script:

"debug_console" callextension "C"; arr = []; arr pushback "start"; for "_i" from 1 to 100000 do {arr pushback "*"}; arr pushback "end~1111"; copytoclipboard (arr joinstring ""); "debug_console" callextension copyfromclipboard

So no limit on copyToClipboard either

• Like 1

Speaking of ArmA extensions, whatever happened to a non blocking version of callExtension (spawnExtension?). Also why is the 10KB return limit there in the first place? If there's a reason for a hard limit, why can't it be something much larger?

• Like 1

I have a major issue with 64 bit client.

My notebook has 2 video cards, one for battery power (Intel), another for gaming (Nvidia)

The issue is, that with 64 bit client only the Intel card is running Arma, it alone has enough power to produce 10-13 FPS, the Nvidia card has 0% load.

Hello,

I didn't test the client thoroughly, but it feels smoother in general, not only gameplay specific. Menu navigation, load up times...

Is that placebo? Or is that actually affected as well?

Another question I have is if you will optimize for the just releazed Ryzen architecture or 8 core / 16 thread platforms in general (Ryzen 7, Intel 6900K)?

I notice very low CPU utilization on 6+ multicore systems in my studio. (LAN café)

Thanks

what happend with texture resolution?!!

graphic looks like operation flashpoint after update...(((((

out of memory playing MP westland 
windows 10 64 bits
16 gb ram hyperx predator 2400mhz
Ssd evo m2 500 gb Free space 100 gb
1080 zotac 
i7 6700 k
I play full ultra spec.
http://fuqh54.jpg 

error : OUT OF MEMORY 

http://11kyxsh.jpg

Edited by Juan Domingo Peron

Whenever I open the game in 64 bit I'm only able to get 15 fps max with averages of 9 fps, as compared to the 55-60 I was getting with 32 bit. I've veriifeid game cash integrity and made sure my graphics card was up to date as well as a whole bunch of other things but the game will not run any better than 15 fps. Any fixes available as of yet or is it just me?

I seem to be getting worse FPS on the 64 bit build, and I am getting the sound glitch I had before again (which seemed to be fixed for a long time)when guns fire where it sounds like a sound buffer problem and it sounds horrible and everything lags out.

quick question, are now arma 3 with 64bit are heavy on gpu? because while back then, i was running solid 30 fps on altis, even chernarus with standart settings (decent specs though) but now, like 18-20 on altis itself assuming on cherna can be worse

11 hours ago, miketim said:

I seem to be getting worse FPS on the 64 bit build, and I am getting the sound glitch I had before again (which seemed to be fixed for a long time)when guns fire where it sounds like a sound buffer problem and it sounds horrible and everything lags out.

58 minutes ago, Airfish said:

quick question, are now arma 3 with 64bit are heavy on gpu? because while back then, i was running solid 30 fps on altis, even chernarus with standart settings (decent specs though) but now, like 18-20 on altis itself assuming on cherna can be worse

You guys running Arma on a laptop?

• Like 2

I posted else where about this, but this is probably more suited here, i know the update wasnt guaranteed  more fps it was more to do with stutter etc, now...i do get way more fps on occasion after the update (100+ fps), but it goes up and down (mostly down) -25 fps

this is on standard arma and modded (i know mods will decrease performance)

In the campaigns i was getting an average of 50fps now i get 15-20 on average

my system 

-i7 6700k 4.1ghz

-16gb corsair dominator 2666hz

-rx480 nitro oc 1450/2222hz

-500gb samsung evo ssd

not the best setup in the world but should definitly being getting more than 15fps average even with armas optimization issues.

8 minutes ago, Mr.jizz said:

Spoiler

I posted else where about this, but this is probably more suited here, i know the update wasnt guaranteed  more fps it was more to do with stutter etc, now...i do get way more fps on occasion after the update (100+ fps), but it goes up and down (mostly down) -25 fps

this is on standard arma and modded (i know mods will decrease performance)

In the campaigns i was getting an average of 50fps now i get 15-20 on average

my system 

-i7 6700k 4.1ghz

-16gb corsair dominator 2666hz

-rx480 nitro oc 1450/2222hz

-500gb samsung evo ssd

not the best setup in the world but should definitly being getting more than 15fps average even with armas optimization issues.

Can you look something up for me please: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

For me Tanoa fps drop 50 - 60s and seem to be getting a drop when zooming but overall it did feel smoother : Altis Jumped onto invade and annex with 27 players wow ran very very well holding pretty much 60fps. 

• Like 1

It's very smooth, much less stuttering. Getting in and out of vehicles, zooming in scopes, spinning around, opening and closing the map, all feel fast and there's no slow downs. There's some improvement in overall FPS.

I can safely say, this is one of the best updates this game has had. Well done BIS. Now, fix the dreadful AI driving. :)

• Like 4

Yep! After a 3-month hiatus with ArmA3 (due to the fps bug), I jumped into a 50 player co-op Invade & Annex for 3 hours of non-stop battle.

• There were no slow-loading textures. :thumbsup:
  • Zooming with binos or scope were flawless. :thumbsup:
  • FPS was about the same as before if not a little better. :thumbsup:

Someone created a thread about the grass LODs in the foreground popping too much. I would agree with this. (minor annoyance)

• Like 3

I am pleased with the performance, but I face an infinite loading screen when using Alive missions on my dedicated server. These missions were not particular fast loading before, but working. But now I can't join at all: waiting in loading screen after slot selection, hearing sounds and movements, but no progress. Does anybody else experience problems with Alive missions after the update?

edit: hm might be related with the Alive version... I guess I have to wait for an Alive update

19:55:00 Warning: This version of ALiVE is build for A3 version: 166.139586. The server is running version: 168.140908. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version.