Hello,

The web team will be performing a maintenance today between 13:00 - 14:00 UTC in attempts to resolve some of the login issues.

Best regards,
BohemiaBeck

Vasily: maintenance hasn't even begun yet.

Pretty sure they are aware after 4 pages filled with the same report, and the maintenance announced up top is specifically aimed to rectify this ;)

I just wanted to be sure as i writed its fixed (i dont know someone was working with forum software or not yet).

Is there any chance that Tapatalk will work with new version of the forum software?

My conclusion after all the months/years with this forum software: it is not fun to use. It was the wrong choice. It is not helpful. It does not help building a working community. Either I appear somewhere where I choose to appear (my own threads and interest), or it's just random. The forum does not at all tell where the communities heart is beating currently. I'm pessimistic.

I mean, e.g. I am HERE. I see, on my screen with 1200px vertically, 4 Postings, every posting has ONE LINE OF TEXT. 4 lines.

I find myself permanently searching for the place in a thread which I have not read yet. Usually then I start at the end and read backwards. Not fun as well.

Hopefull BIS did not pay more than a cent or two for this forum software.

I'm ready to get my good ole Forte Agent again and go back to usenet. Let's create alt.bohemia.arma :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

I find myself permanently searching for the place in a thread which I have not read yet. Usually then I start at the end and read backwards. Not fun as well.

The big circle in front of the thread title takes you to the first unread post. Or if you're using the stream then you can just click the title.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

Is there any chance that Tapatalk will work with new version of the forum software?

Yes it is planned. The web team will perform an update specifically for Tapatalk. There is not an ETA yet for the update, but it is planned to occur.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tortuosit said:

My conclusion after all the months/years with this forum software: it is not fun to use. It was the wrong choice. It is not helpful. It does not help building a working community. Either I appear somewhere where I choose to appear (my own threads and interest), or it's just random. The forum does not at all tell where the communities heart is beating currently. I'm pessimistic.

I mean, e.g. I am HERE. I see, on my screen with 1200px vertically, 4 Postings, every posting has ONE LINE OF TEXT. 4 lines.

Hopefull BIS did not pay more than a cent or two for this forum software.

I'm ready to get my good ole Forte Agent again and go back to usenet. Let's create alt.bohemia.arma :-)

I strongly agree, this forum engine sucks. Personally I would love to see vBulletin instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opteryx said:

I strongly agree, this forum engine sucks. Personally I would love to see vBulletin instead.

I can appreciate your opinion, but personally i prefer this forum engine over the old forum.

Login bug is fixed for me, nice work guys.

I'm also a fan of Invision, I've had my board since 2008, upgrades are always tedious with the changes and tweaks ending up being reset to default.

Indeed, login issue is fixed. gj! :)

• Like 2

Yup, login issue seems to be fixed.

Still not a fan of this forum software...

can we have something working as alternative to the WYSIWYG editor?

that one is unusable for complex formatted posts like many mods and mission are using to introduce their work..

BB Code (editor) seems sadly given up by the IPB team ...

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/382067-ipb-bbcode-and-concerns-about-its-future/

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/

• Like 2

Could we please have C as default syntax highlighting in in the forums?

• Like 1

Forum Upgrade requests

The following list is what has been reported and asked for

if its crossed out it means that that request or issue has been taken care of.

Why am i doing this list?

Spoiler

because it gives us a good idea of where the forum is at, and also helps the dev team and whomever involved get a more clear direct picture of what needs to be done or fulfilled,

also i hate threads like this because it become a clustf*ck of info and requests, you have to search and review everything just to get an idea whats done and yet to be done.

Some things are not on the list as its user end related.

The list

• There is a 2 line spacing between lines here, is that going to be fixed, or is the functioning for that still being worked on?
  • Is there an advanced editing, option for posting? or is it built into the normal mode now?
  • Signatures - Do we need to redo them or is that function still being worked on?
  • Terminology use, it says on our profile content count, should that not be post count, and then when you see"create new content" should that not be create a new thread?
  • Tapatalk seems to be broken now
  • Not sure how to post videos now...

• "Likes" are now anonymous, is that intended?

• I'm missing the old "Content I follow" system

• Cover photos on the profiles. Come on, please let us upload fotos there. Its one of the features, that make a users profile worth to visits

• want to add that I hope to see the E-Mail notifications working again as they did before the update, e.g, one e-mail for each new post.

• noticed if you post in a thread, then try to make another post from the link at the bottom of the thread, it auto pulls up the last post as if you actually intended to make an edit.

• It seems that all old spoiler tags no longer work, exposing spoilers.  Spoilers must be edited for them to work and conceal text.

• there's absolutely no progress on the anti spam front. Oh, and the forum ranking system is still broken

• I am having issues where i don't always get a notification of threads i follow, it shows new posts from some people who post there, but from all of them, for instance i got a notification that 2 people posted on the SMA chat, while when i was on the thread, about 5 different people posted, is this something that is still being worked on or is this just a bug??

• Is there any hope of autosave feature coming back?

• Lack of manual BBCode, Code seems to work yet manually doing Quote I have just had half a post disappear when I went to submit it.

• No post number # which are handy for referring back to a particular post with in a thread

• No Autosave on replies, which was a handy feature

• admins should check ofther posts and see if other extended chars or other kind of chars in utf8 (Russian etc) are broken ins some kind too. I don't mind fixing my post but I think it broke many many old posts, that used that kind of chars for nice formatting.

• Can we have automatic smileys back?

• Forum software wastes so much screen space

• No overview about what's hot currently

• Superscripts in forum "ranks" are borked.

• I get signed out everytime I leave the site and come back. Is there a way to stay permanently logged in?

• offer an additional entry point without all the Bohemia Corporate Identity things which I do not need. Yes, we are customers, but I already know that. It does not have to be told to me every time. I prefer usable pages. The presentation of a simple thread supject and thread starter (Here "Forums Update", "Started by BohemiaBeck") is ridiculously huge. Maybe it's different on a 50000x30000 screen.

• On mobile, the back page button built into the operating system still teleports us back to the old site. This really needs to be fixed ASAP. 

• the announcement sticky takes up so much space

• Cant delete any of notification

• "mark all read" "mark all unread" functions on notification page are not really working

• Need the option to return formatted text to the default format, the button/key what have you, is missing for that. It used to be to the left of B for bold.

• need the break link button.

• How to input a clickable banner in the signature without the above function ?

• Is there a way to resize YouTube videos ? There are too big in my opinion.

• Opening a thread from an e-mail notification makes it impossible to log in.

• could we have the absolute post time of a particular post come back instead of having to hover over the relative time of the post to reveal the absolute post time? also absolute post time should respect the particular timezone user has selected in profile settings.

• Please add an undo button, when something gets messed up i have to redo it instead of undo the changes

• add a clear format button like you had before as any formatted text you want to return to normal text you would highlight the word, sentence,

or paragraph and press that button and all format was removed and returned to the default font, size and color.

• Pasted internet adresses are not automatically recognized

• Formatted text, or text with links will only show as text when pasted from another forum, thread, or post, the link and any format is lost

when transferred in a reply here, or in a new thread to be posted, please fix

• The "thread starter" label is also gone. Can we have it back ?

• Please give us a desktop view on mobile.

• can we have something working as alternative to the WYSIWYG editor?

that one is unusable for complex formatted posts like many mods and mission are using to introduce their work..

• BB Code (editor) seems sadly given up by the IPB team ...

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/382067-ipb-bbcode-and-concerns-about-its-future/

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/

• Could we please have C as default syntax highlighting in in the forums?

• how to create red tags next to subjects?

If there is any listed above that have already been completed or fixed let me know, some i crossed out that i know have been fixed already, also anything i missed let me know,

I will update the list accordingly.

Lets hope this list will help the dev team and Bohemia beck get this forum back on track and functioning!

• Like 9

Lol, thanks, idk what they do on their end to keep track of everything but as i said in my post, and like stuff i do in the community (remember what i did with SLX back in the day)

I'm just trying to help them better organize, a list like this allows the team to better keep track of whats been asked, and requested vs them having to review each post which

i did already, so hopefully this speeds the upgrade process a bit. i need it for my own work on a thread ;)

15 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Lol, thanks, idk what they do on their end to keep track of everything but as i said in my post, and like stuff i do in the community (remember what i did with SLX back in the day)

I'm just trying to help them better organize, a list like this allows the team to better keep track of whats been asked, and requested vs them having to review each post which

i did already, so hopefully this speeds the upgrade process a bit. i need it for my own work on a thread ;)

I certainly appreciate the list, but please note it is the Christmas break. So you may find alot of the things may not get resolved until the new year :f:

22 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

The following list is what has been reported and asked for...

• There is a 2 line spacing between lines here, is that going to be fixed, or is the functioning for that still being worked on?
  • Is there an advanced editing, option for posting? or is it built into the normal mode now?
  • Signatures - Do we need to redo them or is that function still being worked on?
  • Terminology use, it says on our profile content count, should that not be post count, and then when you see"create new content" should that not be create a new thread?

There is not yet an advanced editing option. The current editor is the default editor for the forums software with only a re-order of the interface based on the previous forums. It has been identified since before the update that it has less advanced features. The web team will be reviewing adding in advanced features to match or similar to what the previous forums had.

The Terminology is meant to be consistent, however the interface and display of content per user is quite different now with the new forums update. Inconsistencies will be investigated and the web team will be looking to resolve any issues.

• Tapatalk seems to be broken now

Tapatalk did not officially work on the previous forums, for at least a year(however it did somehow work for a few people). It is the intention of the web team to get Tapatalk working with this new forums and some actions have already been taken. There is not an ETA at this time, but it is planned.

• Not sure how to post videos now...

For Youtube, just paste the URL into the post and it will automatically embed, and while you are still editing a tool tip will appear allowing you to "Display as link instead"
Some other sites, like a video posted to reddit, will also embed with a video player.(for example, on Reddit, click on the comments link to view the Reddit video post with the title and comments, use that page's URL when posting to the forums here, and it will embed the Title from Reddit along with the embedded video player.)
Embedding with straight iframe code is not supported. Embed support of other video sources will be reviewed and may be implemented in the future, depending on the format and embed option based on the source.

• I'm missing the old "Content I follow" system

When the forums were updated the follow system was updated/changed to a new system. You may find that you will need to re-follow content you previously were following.  

• Cover photos on the profiles. Come on, please let us upload fotos there. Its one of the features, that make a users profile worth to visits.

This will be considered and reviewed.

• want to add that I hope to see the E-Mail notifications working again as they did before the update, e.g, one e-mail for each new post.

The new forums does not have the same email notification setting options, but it does offer other additional control/options for email notifications. Click on the gear icon, go to account settings, to the right under "Other settings", click on "Notification Settings" https://forums.bistudio.com/notifications/options/ 

• noticed if you post in a thread, then try to make another post from the link at the bottom of the thread, it auto pulls up the last post as if you actually intended to make an edit.

The forums software will attempt to merge two separate posts that are made within a short amount of time in the same thread into one post. This is meant to consolidate multiple short post contents into one post. If you give it some time, posting a separate reply post is possible.

• there's absolutely no progress on the anti spam front. Oh, and the forum ranking system is still broken

There is progress, but it is behind the scenes. The efforts continue, but it is not completely solved yet.

• I am having issues where i don't always get a notification of threads i follow, it shows new posts from some people who post there, but from all of them, for instance i got a notification that 2 people posted on the SMA chat, while when i was on the thread, about 5 different people posted, is this something that is still being worked on or is this just a bug??

Double check your email notification settings https://forums.bistudio.com/notifications/options/
When the forums were being updated, there was a large back end process queue that was gradually making progress. During this process, there was some inconsistencies with the email notifications that were being sent out. Most of these issues should now be resolved, but if you continue to have issues with email notifications, please send me a private message @BohemiaBeck and we will look into it.

• Is there any hope of autosave feature coming back?

The new forums will save a draft of post content before it is posted within the same session.

• Lack of manual BBCode, Code seems to work yet manually doing Quote I have just had half a post disappear when I went to submit it.

The new forums software does handle it differently. The advanced features of post creation and edit will continue to be reviewed.

• No post number # which are handy for referring back to a particular post with in a thread

The web team will review the change to the UI look of adding back in the post #. Clicking on the share link of the post provides a direct url link to the post in a thread and within the url the post ID is included: (example) forums.bistudio.com /topic/200071-forums-upgrade/?do=findComment&comment=3132520
This is just the forums ID for the specific post and not the post number within the thread.

• No Autosave on replies, which was a handy feature

The new forums will save a draft of post content before it is posted within the same session.

• admins should check ofther posts and see if other extended chars or other kind of chars in utf8 (Russian etc) are broken ins some kind too. I don't mind fixing my post but I think it broke many many old posts, that used that kind of chars for nice formatting.

Immediately after the forums update, the forums system was still working on a backlog queue to process and resolve the mis-converted characters. It appears this process did not catch all cases so the web team will review and attempt to resolve the outstanding cases.

• Forum software wastes so much screen space

Future refinements to the white space and UI design may occur, however there is not an ETA at this time.

• No overview about what's hot currently

A small list of the latest threads and latest posts appears on the forums home page, as well as the most recent post in a sub-forum on the sub-forum list. If you have ideas or examples of other options for an overview about what's hot currently feel free to provide some feedback here in the thread or send me a private message: https://forums.bistudio.com/profile/1092929-bohemiabeck/

• Superscripts in forum "ranks" are borked.

The forums ranks are automatically assigned with a rank based on post count. This issue only affects a few cases (customized rank was something that was enabled in the past, for a short amount of time). However, it will eventually be fixed for those cases.

• offer an additional entry point without all the Bohemia Corporate Identity things which I do not need. Yes, we are customers, but I already know that. It does not have to be told to me every time. I prefer usable pages. The presentation of a simple thread supject and thread starter (Here "Forums Update", "Started by BohemiaBeck") is ridiculously huge. Maybe it's different on a 50000x30000 screen.

There will not likely be a separate or custom version of the forums. However, the UI and white-space design will be reviewed.

• On mobile, the back page button built into the operating system still teleports us back to the old site. This really needs to be fixed ASAP.

This is not occurring in our tests. It may have been a symtom/issue that occurred soon after the forums update occurred. If this is still an issue, please send me a private message with more specific details that include Mobile OS, browser type, example page/thread that is occurs on, etc: @BohemiaBeck

• the announcement sticky takes up so much space

Agree that it is large in size, however there are some constraints to how the announcement is displayed and when it is important information that needs to be relayed to all members. There are currently no plans to change the format as it is currently used, when it is used. But changes to make it a bit more streamlined with the interface, while remaining clearly visible for important announcements, will be considered and reviewed.

• Cant delete any of notification

There was an issue that existed for a while shortly after the forums update where it was not possible to turn on or off some of the specific email notifications settings. This should now be resolved.

• "mark all read" "mark all unread" functions on notification page are not really working

There was an issue that existed for a while shortly after the forums update. This should now be resolved. If you are continuing to have this issue, please send me a private message. https://forums.bistudio.com/profile/1092929-bohemiabeck/

• Need the option to return formatted text to the default format, the button/key what have you, is missing for that. It used to be to the left of B for bold.

The post content creation functionality is new with this forums update and quite different from the previous forums. It does not currently include functionality to hide/un-hide BBcode formatting features and not all previous BBcode are supported. More advanced features for post content creation will be looked into and considered in the near future.

• need the break link button.

When editing the post, highlight the link and choose "remove link"

• How to input a clickable banner in the signature without the above function ?

There appears to be an issue setting a link on an image / banner image and this will be looked into.

• Is there a way to resize YouTube videos ? There are too big in my opinion.

There is not currently a option for users to change the video size, but having the option to change the size and changing the size of the default embedded player itself will be looked into.

•  Opening a thread from an e-mail notification makes it impossible to log in.

It may have been a symptom/issue that occurred soon after the forums update occurred. If this is still an issue, please send me a private message with more specific details that include OS, browser type, etc: @BohemiaBeck

• could we have the absolute post time of a particular post come back instead of having to hover over the relative time of the post to reveal the absolute post time? also absolute post time should respect the particular timezone user has selected in profile settings.

This will be looked into.

• Please add an undo button, when something gets messed up i have to redo it instead of undo the changes

The advanced features of post creation and edit will continue to be reviewed.

• add a clear format button like you had before as any formatted text you want to return to normal text you would highlight the word, sentence, or paragraph and press that button and all format was removed and returned to the default font, size and color.

While not as convenient, it is possible to remove the basic formatted feature applied to the text one at a time, by highlighting the text in question and hitting B, I or Underline once again, to remove that formatting. The advanced features of post creation and edit will continue to be reviewed.

• Pasted internet adresses are not automatically recognized

When a normal web link is pasted within the post it will automatically be converted to a web link. However, there may be some cases, depending on the type of link and what characters are in the URL where the forums software does not recognize the whole link properly. This issue will be investigated further.

• Formatted text, or text with links will only show as text when pasted from another forum, thread, or post, the link and any format is lost when transferred in a reply here, or in a new thread to be posted, please fix

Investigating.

• The "thread starter" label is also gone. Can we have it back ?

This will more than likely be implemented as it was before.

• Please give us a desktop view on mobile.

Investigating.

• can we have something working as alternative to the WYSIWYG editor? that one is unusable for complex formatted posts like many mods and mission are using to introduce their work..

The advanced features of post creation and edit will continue to be reviewed.

It is the case that not all previous BBcode will be supported moving forward. However there is likely room for some customization for our forums and the advanced features of post creation and edit will continue to be reviewed.

• Could we please have C as default syntax highlighting in in the forums?

You currently do have to manually select C highlighting after selecting the code brackets to paste in highlighted code, but at post creation the option is there. The web team should be able to change it so the default selected syntax highlighting is set to C instead of HTML. However, old posts and the highlighting that is displayed, there may be cases where it was not properly set/converted with the proper syntax highlighting when the forums was updated. Please send me a private message on any specific case so that I might help the web team investigate these issues: @BohemiaBeck

• how to create red tags next to subjects?

When you are creating your thread, after you have put in some Tags, just below that field select Item Prefix and select the tag to be displayed in red before the title.

That is it for now. As @R0adki11 mentioned it is holiday break for most people at BI this week. Thank you for your patience and understanding and as we move into the new year, we look forward to your continued feedback, it is always appreciated!

Best regards,
BohemiaBeck

• Like 7

On 12/26/2016 at 6:56 AM, BohemiaBeck said:

Superscripts in forum "ranks" are borked.

The forums ranks are automatically assigned with a rank based on post count. This issue only affects a few cases (customized rank was something that was enabled in the past, for a short amount of time). However, it will eventually be fixed for those cases.

Thank you!  :grinning: 

• Like 1