Some feedback...

• Lack of manual BBCode, Code seems to work yet manually doing Quote I have just had half a post disappear when I went to submit it.
  • Line spacing is huge, I want a new line not a new paragraph
  • No post number # which are handy for referring back to a particular post with in a thread
  • Anonymous Likes, I liked the previous implementation, it gave you some feed back to who had read the post without having to waste space with a post of "Thanks" 
  • No Autosave on replies, which was a handy feature

Ill update as I find more.

Pros

• Activity feed - might be an old feature but I like that you can chose your own settings even down to specific forum and capture as RSS
  • Like 3

Where did the new content button go?

I don't like this new layout, but I guess there's no going back.

28 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Some feedback...

• Lack of manual BBCode, Code seems to work yet manually doing Quote I have just had half a post disappear when I went to submit it.
  • Line spacing is huge, I want a new line not a new paragraph
  • No post number # which are handy for referring back to a particular post with in a thread
  • Anonymous Likes, I liked the previous implementation, it gave you some feed back to who had read the post without having to waste space with a post of "Thanks" 
  • No Autosave on replies, which was a handy feature

Ill update as I find more.

Thanks! :P

We got out signatures back <3 Thx

I noticed something else though: 

(Uh there is a preview, nice ...) it shows this kind of chars: â–¬â–¬â–¬â–¬â–¬â–¬â–¬  ... this has not been what I liked them to be, they were some extended ASCII chars, if I rember it correctly it was the "box" drawing charater, so 196 on the table.

Soo I guess, the admins should check ofther posts and see if other extended chars or other kind of chars in utf8 (Russian etc) are broken ins some kind too. I don't mind fixing my post but I think it broke many many old posts, that used that kind of chars for nice formatting.

Regards Arkensor

Can we have automatic smileys back? I know this forum engine can do that, at least. :) 

Also, I've never see a single Chinese spambot on the forum before the "upgrade". Now they seem to be all over the place (check ArmA3 addon releases board, for example). How's that a security improvement again?

Not much experience with the new forum yet, but I see no progress. Maybe there's some progress with that "Activity streams" thing.

Biggest problems for me still exist:

- Forum software wastes so much screen space

- No overview about what's hot currently (->no buzz, no forum life)

I think I want to say: I do not like that forum software.

In Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, I am having a problem with Emoticons.  Using button, no emoticons show so you can select one.

Edit:  Well, now they're back!  :drinking::happy:

17 hours ago, Ltf said:

It's so bright, hurts my eyes. Is there a night mode or something?

16 hours ago, Arkensor said:
  • Two words: Dark Theme. Thx

This was suggested, and it seems ignored, when the last revamp took place, now we have upgraded to new forum software, the same software that the DayZ forum uses, and they have a dark theme as default.....so why not over here too?......pretty please with sugar on top!     

• Like 1

My thread is messed up!

When i edit it, the spoilers are gone, and some boxes are in their place, some titles are missing, but the content is still there only when you edit it, when you just view the thread 3/4

of the thread if not more is missing, what am i supposed to do with this? to get it back to normal, or should I wait til the BB code is reestablished?

I spent 2yrs+ working on this thread to supporting the community here!                                                                                                     

Superscripts in forum "ranks" are borked.  See mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tortuosit said:

- Forum software wastes so much screen space

Agreed ! 

We need a different theme with less wasted space, an easier to read font and no grey text on grey background.

• Like 1

Looks good enough, had to be done and nothing too big blew up as far as I can tell :thumb: The upgrade made me realise that forums.bistudio.com has been around for a very, very long time and has mostly managed to keep old content readable, accessible and even available at the original link. That's not a trivial achievement so a very sincere thanks to the web team for not-screwing-it-up (which, at least in IT, is a lot harder than doing something flashy every now and then)

spambots... spambots everywhere...

never touch a running system :eh:

• Like 3

Can someone with ACP access change my display name, before the update I was Richie, now it's lowercase and richie.

Also why can't i view any of my old posts, as in posts i've started or contributed to ?

Edited by richie
Thank you St. Jimmy

1 hour ago, richie said:

Also why can't i view any of my old posts, as in posts i've started or contributed to ?

Go to "See my activity" in your profile. There choose "Topics" or "Posts" depending on what you want to see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Larrow said:

Line spacing is huge,

Perfect in fact. I wouldn't change that, increases readability, easy on eyes. I dont want to get blind reading the forums from the tablet

2 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Perfect in fact. I wouldn't change that, increases readability, easy on eyes. I dont want to get blind reading the forums from the tablet

Its changed since earlier today, was like the line spacing between gagi2 two lines in his post ^^

• Like 1

I get signed out everytime I leave the site and come back. Is there a way to stay permanently logged in?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, opteryx said:

I get signed out everytime I leave the site and come back. Is there a way to stay permanently logged in?

Oh yes, please give us an option to automatically sign in if the login data is stored in the browser.

Right now, I have to click "Log In" it moves me back to the last page and then I have to refresh that page to be actually logged in. Isn't there a way to make it more complicated?

Can you please reduce the amount of wasted space in the whole header of the forum?

When i have the first post of a thread near the bottom of a 1920x1080 screen, something is wrong.

bifikkue.png

• Like 6

Thank you to everyone that has provided feedback so far, it is appreciated so keep it coming. Also thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding as the web team tackles some of the issues and concerns after the forums upgrade. They are working hard to improve the forums and to resolve any issues.

As a note, with the forums upgrade there are now additional notification settings. Please check your notifications in your settings: https://forums.bistudio.com/notifications/options/

To make any changes to your possible email notifications.

Best regards,

BohemniaBeck

13 hours ago, x3kj said:

Can you please reduce the amount of wasted space in the whole header of the forum?

When i have the first post of a thread near the bottom of a 1920x1080 screen, something is wrong.

Yeah, maybe offer an additional entry point without all the Bohemia Corporate Identity things which I do not need. Yes, we are customers, but I already know that. It does not have to be told to me every time. I prefer usable pages. The presentation of a simple thread supject and thread starter (Here "Forums Update", "Started by BohemiaBeck") is ridiculously huge. Maybe it's different on a 50000x30000 screen.

I already said goodbye to signatures.

Update: I updated my notifications settings but i am still not getting notifications from threads i am subbed to (I tried unsubscribing and resubcribing but that didn't work either).

Edit: after the small maintenance from this afternoon all works fine now

On mobile, the back page button built into the operating system still teleports us back to the old site. This really needs to be fixed ASAP. 

And the announcement sticky takes up so much space.

Bugs found so far :
- Cant delete any of notification
- "mark all read" "mark all unread" functions on notification page are not really working

- To login i need to be on any thread, its impossible to login through main page on forum ( https://forums.bistudio.com/ )