J. Adams

AM Studios - Conversion Mod

Yea, Matt (STKRs Author) passed us a number of models from his old mod for us to "revamp" 

However we do have other equipment in the works such as our VIRTUS system and our rifles.

• Like 1

WIP Shot of the L85: 1.PNG

It is shaping up nicely 

Credits to Defcon for his brilliant work so far!

• Like 3

Some WIP pictures of the gear (ignore uniform - just a placeholder):

B44CC50464EF9BEC3BED66B6339E1BB47B4395D4377F8A720288AB6550A9E5894DDFBD8A5F214A12987575FCB36CB7DAF510F2FBEA07E2A6BC840678

Any thoughts/opinions on this is appreciated

**Note - platecarriers are not done yet, if this appears dark it is purely my in game settings :)**

• Like 6

Just a quick question to those who may be informed on UGVs more than myself. Is the following UGV used by the British Armed Forces at all? (Defcon had the model kicking about xD):

1.PNG

• Like 2

Nice work so far guys. I was in agreement with R0adkil11 when he mentioned a possible collaboration with 3CB, but since that does not seem possible-I wish you lot's of luck with your great looking project.

If I could make one suggestion it would be this. Arma3 has a huge amount of standard uniforms for US and UK etc forces. What we have very,very little of is things to use in less temperate climates. I dont mean arctic gear, but more just stuff you would wear if it rains or in winter.

3CB have done a great job making the classic british smock in a range of camo's from the last couple of decades so it can span quite a time period for mission makers. I really feel we need some more stuff like that and that could be a great way to add some things that have not been done before to your pack.

Anyway-looking forward to see what you guys can do :D

• Like 5

Thanks for the advice mate! Smocks are definitely on our to do list. We also hope to include the "gortex" gear used by the forces too. It's something we as a group felt was lacking in the community and definitely is a task we wish to take on. We are also considering waterproof covers for our rucksacks and such he too to add a bit more variation.

Progress will be faster when we have more people on board though. Currently there is only 3 of us working on this properly haha

• Like 2

Hi all!

Seeing as our UBACS model is almost finished I've started to look into Gortex kit and smocks. If there is anyone out there who owns an MOD issued waterproof jacket or smock, we would appreciate it if you could post some reference pictures here or via PM so we can get it entirely accurate.

On a side note, has anyone ever seen waterproof covers used on bergens? 

• Like 1

Thanks to the rapid work of Defcon we know have a picture of a comms pack with a waterproof cover:

http://m.imgur.com/MIEKSCM?r

This is the style of cover we will try and create for all our backpacks in the future :)

• Like 1

Just so there is no misunderstanding. Adams approached 3CB a couple of months ago when he was known as Mullen. We discussed ideas, asked Mullen what his plans were and whether a joint collaboration would be beneficial. Meeting was cordial, but it was clear that he had access to stalkers models and was basically wanting to just re-use these with our MTP texture. We tossed around the concept of joining forces, but it was clear he wasn't comfortable with our approach - not really able to bring needed skills to our group, and therefore we left it like that.

I'm slightly frustrated that there seems to have been an identity change and then some statements made about how we're unwilling to work with mod teams. That's not true.

We wish the AM team the best of luck, but to be clear we're unwilling to just hand over all the assets ( many of which we would not have permission to share anyway ) just to be re-released again for no obvious benefit for the community.

A sensible approach would be to work on different assets. Something similar to an informal agreement we have with Byrnes.

That way the community, including us :-) all benefit.

• Like 9

Hi Serjames. 

Ultimately, I see no reason for this to progress anymore than it has already. We've both said our piece and lets leave it at that yeah? 

Hi Serjames. 

Ultimately, I see no reason for this to progress anymore than it has already. We've both said our piece and lets leave it at that yeah? 

I dont think Serjames was trying to "progress" this any further, I think he was just trying to set the record straight to ensure everybody understands why yourselves & 3CB chose not to work together. :)

I know, that was me saying that I don't intend on saying much else on the matter if that makes sense

I know, that was me saying that I don't intend on saying much else on the matter if that makes sense

Well then i suggest you stop and move on. Lets get back on topic.

• Like 1

WIP Shot of the L85: 1.PNG

It is shaping up nicely 

Credits to Defcon for his brilliant work so far!

This actually looks pretty low poly, surely you're going to start with a high ploy model, then use that to bake your textures.normals etc ?

• Like 2

I have no clue honestly, it was Defcon who modelled this so I'm a little "uninformed" on the matter haha

This actually looks pretty low poly, surely you're going to start with a high ploy model, then use that to bake your textures.normals etc ?

I have no clue honestly, it was Defcon who modelled this so I'm a little "uninformed" on the matter haha

That is clearly a HP model, the only issue is that the supporting geometry is a bit tight and makes it look sharp. Ideally if defcon could loosen it a bit so the corners are more smooth then a bake will look much better. The rule of thumb is to make the corners exaggeratedly smooth in comparison to IRL.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip mate, Defcon himself said he's more comfortable with texturing than he is modelling but so far he's done a pretty good job :)

• Like 2

Quick update: 

Thanks to Alex, we have developed our first in house system that will come in our total conversion mod. It is modeled around the cam cream just about every armed forces uses. We have 3 variations on what you can choose:

• Woodland
  • Jungle
  • Desert

As well as including a reset button.

To do this we have made use of the arma 3 faces that have the camouflages on them. V

Video coming soon :)

Edit**

Forgot to add, Defcon has just about finished our beret!:

0P92N6z.png

• Like 3

Hi all! 

Figured we should show off this goody to you all.

More systems to come :)

• Like 3