giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

As you may notice there are still some weapons that are not up to arma 3 standards (e.g. M3, M1919 and so on), especially the M1919 is a straight port from HIPA2.

Tommy_mc is working on a new model but we did not have time to include it in the first release.

There are still a lot of things to do and a lot of assets to rework, but we decided to release it anyway and let you guys enjoy what we've done so far and hopefully get some help.

In this right moment Lodu is reworking the vegetation of Tarawa and all the bunkers log, but we could not include this improvent since we had some problems with the objects already placed on the island.

Probably you've already noticed from the screens of yesterday:

http://imgur.com/M9rriuY

http://imgur.com/a/tAxyK

Next update will focus on vehicles and fixes!

Sadly there won't be any update for the anims.

Jeast, our animator, will be very busy until the new year and without any other help we're stuck in this field.

We're planning to expand our fronts adding new maps, but as already said, without any artist that is willing to create some assets, this process will be very very slow

• Like 10

And we're still looking for voice actors, especially Japanese ones.

• Like 1

Hell, the uniforms, weapons (model,textures) and weaponsounds are incredible :notworthy:

• Like 2

Video clip while landing in Tarawa.

Edited by Santiago_Vazquez
add url to post
  • Like 3

Congrats on release guys! Thank you all for this great mod! I really appreciate that and I'm so happy! :)

• Like 1

Great job, much respect, here is few pictures i took in combination of Iron Front A3

More pictures in spoilers.

628DF91ACA493662F43976D7E5ED2F780A56F6E7

BBC27A2C5C2BAA11EBC8CAD4FECAFADD54008ADC

40DC15341056161CAFB36405BE3497383C900271

5DC5A9F758028DA599A29107F72170B25998F4A4

0A145D61589352604FC5AF13B39A603F544908CA

BD3C59003DEDF883C7D47CD95B349C2B7F9E15C3

BDBB7A513E24073C174DD1B4A2BF78CE5A95AA2E

47A891AF8D767DB17B48BD2AB40190F0FFD02809

D26BAEEFC8362C1FF43B6D417839AB5EA456462D

B0C8ECE8B7158629CEFA5D099339349AC25EC00C

7CCD91C9FBC4AF62A52D54C3122979419EFDB856

B1E220DD47B0F3CE7ABB7E9462AC7AF4F5D6ADE2

B5B8511F673CE59724EC55674BE347DAD932DA4F

6146C42AC8408A4051C451CC5D1EB0B7600172AC

• Like 8

what map is that?

It looks like Stazow or Baranow from Iron Front.

• Like 1

Damm it. I wanted to end with WWII long time ago, i almost did it. Then i saw your mod, and everything start from begin. ;)

• Like 1

Awesome work. I wasn't expecting something so beautiful from a alpha build! 

Just some general feedback, I'm sure you've picked up on already.

- M1919, when you use the bipod on a object your sight and aim changes 90 degrees right. I haven't looked into how bipods are setup so I can't really say why this happens. Additionally the fire rate is quite low on the vehicles, compared to the 400-600 rpm the real 1919 fired at:

- With the jeep, your hands aren't close to the steering wheel, the drivers foot sticks out the side and the passanger sitting points are a little far out with the legs. You might be better off doing your own animation for the passengers though. They were actually quite speedy IRL, you might want to have a look at the gearing on the jeep off road.

- The varnished wood is the best I've seen, yet at the same time it feels a little off for combat. by the time they've reached the front I'd expect the overall colour to have faded to more of a cherry sort of look:

f3b8603884329f862bad2470c0c64a77.jpg

- If you guys know how, animating the sights to function when adjusted, for example with the M1A1 Thompson, I believe the upper cut out of the rear sight is for 50m, while the peep sight is 100m, you could switch the eye point between each when changing sights. Or on the K98 animating the tangent sights.

Congratulatons on the first release.  Everything is of extremely high quality and I've been having a lot of fun with it.  Are you guys planning on adding a full P42 uniform with the pattern of the camoflauged helmet for the marines?  I know that the uniform still saw service in Tarawa and some of the other islands.

• Like 1

It looks like Stazow or Baranow from Iron Front.

Indeed it is with an graphical error that withit 200m away from you you will see ground white ..so i got the idea to make it look like its snow...seems it worked out 

We all want to thank you all that you enjoy the mod!
We also like good & bad feedback so we can keep make this mod better for next upcoming updates in the future.

Thank you very much.
Have fun!

:D

• Like 2

Awesome work. I wasn't expecting something so beautiful from a alpha build! 

Just some general feedback, I'm sure you've picked up on already.

-[1] M1919, when you use the bipod on a object your sight and aim changes 90 degrees right. I haven't looked into how bipods are setup so I can't really say why this happens. Additionally the fire rate is quite low on the vehicles, compared to the 400-600 rpm the real 1919 fired at:

- VideoSnip-

-[2]  With the jeep, your hands aren't close to the steering wheel, the drivers foot sticks out the side and the passanger sitting points are a little far out with the legs. You might be better off doing your own animation for the passengers though. They were actually quite speedy IRL, you might want to have a look at the gearing on the jeep off road.

-[3] The varnished wood is the best I've seen, yet at the same time it feels a little off for combat. by the time they've reached the front I'd expect the overall colour to have faded to more of a cherry sort of look:

-Picture  Snip-

-[4]  If you guys know how, animating the sights to function when adjusted, for example with the M1A1 Thompson, I believe the upper cut out of the rear sight is for 50m, while the peep sight is 100m, you could switch the eye point between each when changing sights. Or on the K98 animating the tangent sights.

-[1] We are aware of the problems with the 30.cal, a guy is currently working on the gun as a whole.

-[2] Our animations guy is currently off due to RL things, which is why they are lacking a little, not just on the jeep but also guns.

-[3] The US wood-stocks(The gun kind, not the hippie ones) are made of Walnut actually. But yes, there would be variations when they are in the field due to wear and tear naturally, but this will with all likelyhood not be a priority to represent ingame. 

-[4] I am not a configger or a modder at all, so I cannot awnser this currently. So I am unsure wether this is possible with ARMA3.

But thanks for the comments and the feedback, as Pedersen wrote above.  :D

• Like 2

New mod v0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey giallustio , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Stunning. Can't wait to see more content (probably even vehicles? B)). This mod has huge potential!

Keep up the great work guys!

Give me a few hours I'll have an insurgency - style mission up.

Hey Ren, I just played your mission on a Aussie Server.

I just did a quick play alone and got rekt. But so far I liked it   :)

I could not find the handgrenades and ammo in the arsenal, but that is maby cuz Im a bad arma 3 player that dont know how it works :)

Feedback on your mission:

Now the Japs are patrolling the beach infront of the seawall that feels very wrong.

If they going to patroll they have to do it behind the seawall not infront of it.

Japanese infantry spawn out in the water on greenbeach. Need to be fixed.

And here is the mission Im talking about made by RenNZ

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803818518

very good work!  :459: 

good characters

good weapons 

• Like 1

Hey Ren, I just played your mission on a Aussie Server.

I just did a quick play alone and got rekt. But so far I liked it   :)

I could not find the handgrenades and ammo in the arsenal, but that is maby cuz Im a bad arma 3 player that dont know how it works :)

Feedback on your mission:

Now the Japs are patrolling the beach infront of the seawall that feels very wrong.

If they going to patroll they have to do it behind the seawall not infront of it.

And here is the mission Im talking about made by RenNZ

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803818518

Thanks Pedersen. I see on my server log:

Player Pedersen connected

Pedersen was killed

Pedersen was killed

Pedersen was killed

Pedersen was killed

Yes I played it with some friends yesterday and we also got destroyed constantly, which is how I think it should be on Tarawa haha. On the version running on my server I'm running VCOM AI as well so they're extra good.

Regarding the AI patrols on the beach, the EOS system that spawns them in is fairly simple and just randomly fills the squares, but without them patrolling on the beach the defenses aren't really occupied so I decided having them out in the open was better than being able to walk right up to the trenches.

I'm aware it's not so realistic, but it's something people can test out the mod with while other missions are created :)

I'm currently hosting this on 203.118.129.129:2302 if anyone wants to try it out.  Just be aware that i's super hard to survive alone.

• Like 2

just to let you know i noticed that the m1 garand has a massive kick back when fired the same thing is also in IFA3 

Marvellous work.

Great to see so many WW2 mods working together to deliver such quality.

I can't wait to try more WW2 missions based on this.

So does Hidden & Dangerous + Arma 3 = Hidden & Dangerous 3?

BTW will this be released on Steam's Workshop?

• Like 2

Marvellous work.

Great to see so many WW2 mods working together to deliver such quality.

I can't wait to try more WW2 missions based on this.

So does Hidden & Dangerous + Arma 3 = Hidden & Dangerous 3?

BTW will this be released on Steam's Workshop?

No workshop! Sorry about that

just to let you know i noticed that the m1 garand has a massive kick back when fired the same thing is also in IFA3

Have you any clue how much power is behind the M1? And anyways, its a semiautomatic rifle, so in my opinion, recoil is hardly relevant.