ITokyYourCookie

Level design feedback

On ‎27‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 0:44 AM, TEC HazeCake said:

This game needs alot more maps, it gets too repetitive now especially because of people prefer 1-2 maps, mostly airfield in Link gamemode. I would imagine this is relatively easy to do as there is so many huge maps made for arma3 already, from which you could take multiple parts and turn them into decent maps with very small modifications. 

May be too much to ask, but it would also be very very nice if you didnt get stuck to every single small rock and branch in maps like Saint Marie for example. Dying just because the environment is made out of gorilla glue can be extremely frustrating and i would imagine it repels new players back to their call of duty..

About the maps...I think it could also be a good idea for the future to reuse some of the smaller A2 Takistan maps like Proving Ground, Shapur and Zargabad . 

• Like 1

Houdan map.  Charlie point (rocks) sees right into the opposite spawn over Foxtrot.  Spawn and sniper city...

sometimes when playing Link and Iam capturing Main in the middle, I glitch through the middle thing (the thing you stand right beside of it for cap) and cant move while glitching through. Iam sure this can also be abused for example when using crouch/prone at the same time.

None of this elements are a big deal. It's only for the details and nothing else.

Map : Raid - Airfield Hangars

http://imgur.com/a/m9ZQS

There is a another trash pile on A but he's less obvious.

Just wanted to say something about to leveling system i love how it works with using your points to unlock a set but i think we should have Like a loadout for our sets cause some of us wanna run LMG with armour on link and but we also want to run dmr's on clash and raid. Currently i enjoy running dmr's Cyrus with a AMS on clash but when i wanna grind for xp i like to play with a Lmg and armour but i have to reset every time. It would be nice if we could chosse a loadout of skill points like we have 3 Load outs to use to make a class of skillpoints and we select it before going in the game from equipment and to switch loadouts we need to go to equipment it would be nice. With supporter back you can add things like 5 loadouts for skill points.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 4:32 PM, Yousef15 said:

Just wanted to say something about to leveling system i love how it works with using your points to unlock a set but i think we should have Like a loadout for our sets cause some of us wanna run LMG with armour on link and but we also want to run dmr's on clash and raid. Currently i enjoy running dmr's Cyrus with a AMS on clash but when i wanna grind for xp i like to play with a Lmg and armour but i have to reset every time. It would be nice if we could chosse a loadout of skill points like we have 3 Load outs to use to make a class of skillpoints and we select it before going in the game from equipment and to switch loadouts we need to go to equipment it would be nice. With supporter back you can add things like 5 loadouts for skill points.

THIS  ^^^   I use a specific rifle because it is extremely effective.  BUT it is not my favorite play style... I want to change.  I like LMG and I like GL.  I like to change around depending on clash or raid maps.  Sometimes you need to change due to what you are facing... (Facing a herd of snipers with a GL... is suicide.) 

I am ALL FOR having 3 load outs you can choose between.  The current ever increasing costs to change load outs is... not good.  It forces you to stay forever in one mode even if you are bored with it.

Clash map that has the mountain north of the middle points.  One of the rocks you can glitch inside of if you walk on top of it.  Just below the peak.

Several maps have had things added to already tight spaces.  maybe its aesthetics or some other purpose, but some spots are tight enough as is...

Raid - Radio - C is already a tight space.  Now a table completely blocks one side...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084848506

Raid - Radio C - Back room has bags in front and makes the window almost useless.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084848186

Its not just this spot or this map.   But its getting pretty bad.

Please stop cluttering and blocking everything.... you are taking the fun out of the maps.

Shipping containers - can't remember the map at the moment, it was Raid mode, but yesterday I glitched several times into a shipping container through its wall (there were two at a steep angle together, creating a narrowing cul-de-sac). One time it had doors so I could get out, second time it didn't so I had to spent the rest of the match inside stomping around or suicide. I will try to repro with grid location later.

Some Level design fails....

2 on Airfields Hangars (RAID) :

- a container in the ground

- a vehicle flying

and one on AA site (RAID):

- sandbags flying making possible to hit people by shooting under those

COMBAT PATROL ISSUES TO BE DISCUSSED:

U GUYS HAVE TO NERF THE A.I. IN THIS GAMEMODE!!! THEY ARE ABLE TO SEE YOU FROM 5 MILES AWAY AND WHEN THEY DO THEY ARE ABLE TO ONE-SHOT YOU FROM SUCH A DISTANCE AND THEY ARE ALSO ABLE TO SHOOT THROUGH WALLS (HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!!!). U SHOULD ALSO FIX THE MISSION TIMER WHEN U ARE PICKING THE MAP DURING COMBAT PATROL BECAUSE SOMETIMES IT BUGS OUT AND ENDS UP DELAYING THE MISSION FOR 14,000 SECONDS (OR ABOUT 4 HOURS).

• Like 1

In mount you have... Well this barrel.... x'D

kA0XNFl.jpg

And also this in Airfield Hangar in raid... Why this is still in pristine condition ?

fgO9kDT.jpg

Raid - Le Port : Nearby at the attacker spawn we have 2 boats on the beach... And this.... xD

And yes it's a Sting with a AMS in my hands....

A7HLHP8.jpg