f8oUVKz.jpg

The model of the picture above is decreased in details for getting it into arma 3. Will be posting renders of everything later.

Arleigh Burke - DDG-105 USS Dewey (Work in Progress)

Hello everyone! Over the past few months, I have been working on the Arleigh Burke DDG-105 and I am now a good way into the process but there is still a lot to do.

The USS Dewey DDG-105 was used in TV Show The Last Ship, USS Nathen James or DDG-151

Discord: https://discord.gg/s5ycBbr

Features:

•     One drivable and one static ship.
  •     Interior CIC and Bridge.
  •     All the weapons on the real DDG-105 (execpt for torpedos)
  •     Animated ejeactable casings for the Mk45 5 inch artillery gun
  •     Service menu for loading VLS (Will be possible to load each cell of your liking. If you want to stick 62 tomahawk missiles in it you can :D)
  •     Custom radar screen for incoming aircraft or missiles (Radar screen will be in CIC)
  •     Instruments for navigation
  •     Animations for hangar doors
  •     CIWIS for shooting down enemy aircraft or incoming missiles.
  •     and some sound effects for general quarters alarm and other things.

more features coming soon (All these features are subject to change!)

FAQ:

Q: When will it be done?

A: When im done. (no release date)

Team:

Norsk2277 (Modelling work & texturing)

M.Nelson  (PR - Public Relations)

Credits:

Norsk2277 - (Modelling work & texturing)

Brian/Foxone - For VLS model.

TeTeT & TheSn4k3 - For CIWIS script and model.

EA-18G Development skype group - For ideas and suggestions.

audiocustoms - For naval gun sounds and help with audio editing.

Here is what it looks like ingame. I added it to arma 3 just for testing the scala is 1:1.

I will be posting some renders of the model later.

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/dBbws

• Like 20

Hey guys! I am Nelson but you can call me Nelson. I will be doing all the PR for this project so stay tuned for lots more cool stuff and updates from myself!

• Like 1

Good luck. Not to be discouraging but believe 3 others have started such a project, but none of them made it to fruition. I hope you can accomplish this one. Much luck to ya.

• Like 3

More progress already! The first of these renders took 2 hours :D Feast your eyes! Will update with more later:aU984E2.jpg

rfuatKs.jpg

kxtpEh4.jpg

• Like 18

That VLS looks sexy as hell ;) :P

Brian/Foxone for VLS model.

• Like 3

Greetings,

Looks Great so far, will be following your thread and mod !  Just was thinking and would be a great addition for the MK45 Gun system. A working Vanilla artillery interface utilizing the mapclick,  the BI stock artillery computer that is in-game.  I have seen several naval ship mods without this added to the controllable deck guns and weapon systems.  Would be awesome to have naval artillery support on multiplayer scenarios with the 5inch.

Just curious if this was ever a thought or considered, thanks

Shrike

Hi. Yes, the MK45 will have a artillery computer ingame with also manual control so you can take out targets close to the ship. It will also have the mk38 Mod 2 (25mm M242 Bushmaster) weapon system that will be controllable from the bridge to take out threats close.

The MK45 and VLS will be controllable from a console in CIC.

The Mk38 25mm will be controllable from console in bridge.

• Like 2

Alrighty guys, Santa came last night and gave me more goodies to deliver!

This is the high poly version of the Mk38 25mm gun wich you can controll from the bridge. You will also be able to walk up to it and deploy controls to control it manually. The ship will have two of these (one on each side of the ship seen below.)

Enjoy!

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20veEVk7201a378f4a329c4cd69afe8cd37cc6d.jpgMk-38-MGS-152.jpg

• Like 8

HELL YEAH!!!

I WAS WAITING FOR A PROPER MODERN WARSHIP SINCE THE RELEASE!

Holy shit, this looks extremely promising, I can't wait to play with it.

If you guys get the CIWS to intercept missiles, that would be absolutely fucking awesome!

That would make also a C-RAM mod possible, if you guys get this to work!

Sidenote:

Besides the missiles fired by planes and helos, please don't forget about the Titan ATGM as well as mortar rounds, artillery shells, artillery missiles [MLRS] and even RPGs [unless it's being fired from a very close distance]. The current real life fire control system of the Phalanx CIWS is very well able to identify all these types of missiles and projectiles and enables the gun to intercept all those threats reliably.

So if you guys could implement such a complete CIWS feature, now that would be amazing.

The Phalanx today is also equipped with powerful VIS/IR optics and can be used manually against surface targets, like small attack boats.

It would also be really cool to have the real life rate of fire of the Phalanx [4500 rounds per minute], or at least as close as you can get it to the real life rate of fire ;)

The models so far look great, well done guys!

The CIWIS will intercept missiles, i can probely add more function to it to shoot at RPG too, But i dont know if i want it to have manual control of the CIWIS because the MK-38, VLS and MK-45 + the deck guns can shoot at small boats

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SGT_Greer said:

looks greate is this mod still alive?

it died last year like all 9 attempts at this ship :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryejin said:

it died last year like all 9 attempts at this ship :/

ahh that sucks always missed a nice arleigh burke class destroyer in arma 3 :ç

1 minute ago, SGT_Greer said:

ahh that sucks always missed a nice arleigh burke class destroyer in arma 3 :ç

been hoping and waiting for one for a while now, idk if it will ever happen :_:

1 hour ago, SGT_Greer said:

looks greate is this mod still alive?

Please don't dig up old threads.

1 hour ago, Ryejin said:

been hoping and waiting for one for a while now, idk if it will ever happen :_:

As an established forum member, you should be aware of the rules by now. Don't dig up old threads.

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.