almanzo

Feedback Thread

Hello, congratulations for your work. It's nice to play Arma in CQC, since arma 3 ussualy tends to play with longer distances.

Now some feedback

1)Would be nice the posibility to have to different skins for the clouds and the flames, untill the propper models are done, you can use Opfor of one team and bluforce for the other team.

2)Hardcore mode servers, without any visual help and crosshair

I will keep playing and reporthing my thoughts.

• Like 1

I also wish we could customize our characters and weapons  before entering lobby.

That reminds me, I'm not sure how I feel about the podium style top 3 player showcase at the end. Without customisation it's a bit pointless, but with customisation it's only a hop and a skip to fluro pink gun skins and silly hats. I'd leave it out if anything.

And yes, fov slider, with reasonable limits (1x should stay 1x no matter what the custom FOV is set to)

Hi, I wanted to post some feedback too but it looks like I can't make a thread.

- It would be a nice addition to the scoreboard to have the player ping.

- One thing I noticed is when multiple allies ping multiple locations it's hard to know who talks about what, I think it could be nice to have a color for each player in your team (the player name would be the same color as his ping above his head and on the chat/voicechat so no more confusion).

- I never really played Arma in multiplayer so I'm a bit lost with the different channels, I think it would be simpler to have only two channels : local (people, both ennemies and allies, around you hear you) and radio (people around you still hear you but your whole team will hear you as well).

- Let us rebind the "interact" action, it's really weird to have it on the spacebar.

- To have the compass as a UI element would be nice.

- Please add an option to have a wider FOV.

- Maybe let us decrease the size of the UI because it take a lot of space on the screen.

That's all I can think of right now, Project Argo is a cool concept and I hope you will develop it further.

• Like 1

Some things I would like, in order of importance-

General/ combat mechanics-

-Remove the forced zoom when ADS, it's incredibly annoying at close range, and most of the optics are non-magnified dots anyway, instead have the return of the hold right click to zoom, as that also allows you to focus your vision on areas not directly where you are aiming.

-Return of the 'jogging' movement mode- right now you jump straight from tactical pace into a full sprint. Reduce the amount of extra stamina to about 1/3rd to 1/2 greater than vanilla Arma- that means that CQC combat is not instantly exhausing but constant sprinting or heavy actions will affect stamina, but you still benefit from more stamina. 

-I do not currently see zeroing as a major issue- all the fighting so far is in urban areas, and the only unit who would actually need to zero would be the Marksman, and a fixed 300M zero is most likely fine right now- if the gamemode does get more open maps I would like to have zero returning though, even if it's limited to the long range, heavier rifles which have zeroing support in the base game. 

Gamemode-

-Increase the distance between objectives, or increase the objective timer slightly to allow more options for movement to and from each objective. 

-Options to have a server remove crosshairs, or have fading HUD and other similar options. 

-Optional playercounts? Maybe 4x4 or 6x6/ 10x10 options- This may eventually become an easy way to have a consistent and reliable PvP / TvT games, and having more than 5x5 allows units to use it- if your primary focus is on 5x5, and that's what the official servers run, that's fine, but let other servers have options for more or less players (if this is not possible already)

Visuals-

-An option to either move the HUD around or at least move it upwards to the same location as A3, for consistencies sake- Actual HUD design is pretty, with the graphic for ammo type, but that could do with being a larger icon. 

-Some kind of team differentiation- If you want to keep the gamemode totally even you can keep the weapons the same if you absolutely have to, but change appearance of each team at least. 

-It is a possibility to have the large amount of parked vehicles be damaged? As in, allowing the vehicles to have windows shot out, tires deflated, and riddle them with bullet holes, but make the actual vehicle itself have a damage limit so it does not actually get totally destroyed/ explode- This allows more visually interesting street fighting, as the cover for each team is visually destroyed by incoming gunfire. 

General comments-
-I really like the new buildings they add a splash of color and are distinct compared to the regular flat white buildings.
-The new vehicle camo's are pretty cool looking- I like the pattern of it but it seems intentionally overt and bright- it may just be lighting, but are there plans to subdue the orange/blue on vehicles? Flags are fine as is. 
-Any plans for a sunset/ dawn or limited lighting version of each map?
-Performance was good, I was getting 47 to 75 FPS in combat on ultra/ high on a HDD. 

@Afir- I was able to see my ping either upon joining a game, or just in the server browser, about 200 (Australian playing on US servers)
  • Like 1

Project Argo is a great idea and just what players who come from the Old school Rainbow Six Raven Shield Era are looking for in Arma. Project Arma will be my default Arma pvp experience. 

But first some things must change

1. Stick with Arma 3s damage model

2. Remove directional shot indicators. 

3, Change, decrease the hud font

4. Remove Cross hair from first person or atleast make this an option for the server (or client side)

5. Add a leader board and ranking system in the future (based around win/loss ratio)

6. Please change the announcer voice (please refer to the announcer from Socom 2 for a good female voice template)

7. Remove the forced zoom when ADS, it's incredibly annoying at close range, and most of the optics are non-magnified dots anyway, instead have the return of the hold right click to zoom, as that also allows you to focus your vision on areas not directly where you are aiming.

8. Remove Adaptive cross hair, aim assist, and sticky aim

Please feel free to add more 

• Like 1

Project Argo is a great idea and just what players who come from the Old school Rainbow Six Raven Shield Era are looking for in Arma. Project Arma will be my default Arma pvp experience. 

But first some things must change

1. Stick with Arma 3s damage model

2. Remove directional shot indicators. 

3, Change, decrease the hud font

4. Remove Cross hair from first person or atleast make this an option for the server

5. Add a leader board and ranking system in the future (based around win/loss ratio)

6. Please change the announcer voice (please refer to the announcer from Socom 2 for a good female voice template)

Please feel free to add more 

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Damage models, direction indicator and crosshair is aligned with the vision of Project Argo as a total conversion of Arma 3. Tweaking the HUD size might be a possibility we will see how players react and gather all the feedback.

We are indeed planning on adding a leadeboards system to keep the competitive spirit alive.

Keep the feedback coming, we appreciate it greatly! :)

• Like 1

- Let us rebind the "interact" action, it's really weird to have it on the spacebar.

You can do that, look for "Use default action" in controls options. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Damage models, direction indicator and crosshair is aligned with the vision of Project Argo as a total conversion of Arma 3. Tweaking the HUD size might be a possibility we will see how players react and gather all the feedback.

We are indeed planning on adding a leadeboards system to keep the competitive spirit alive.

:lol: Thank you for the speedy reply, also then please add alternate server settings  to forceful turn these off for all players (more like a hardcore difficulty setting).

Please make cross hairs client side toggle able as it should be the choose for the players as the cross hairs become intrusive. Lots of players prefer a minimalistic hud for a first person experience. 

Third: change the color of the font in the lobby to a more readable one, right now its nearly white on white.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. Colour of which text in particular do you mean? If it's chat, then yes - it's a work in progress and its visual (in both lobby and in-game) will be changed soon. :)

That reminds me, I'm not sure how I feel about the podium style top 3 player showcase at the end. Without customisation it's a bit pointless, but with customisation it's only a hop and a skip to fluro pink gun skins and silly hats. I'd leave it out if anything.

And yes, fov slider, with reasonable limits (1x should stay 1x no matter what the custom FOV is set to)

Well it's not like the developers would absolutely need to have silly hats and pink weapons. :lol:  Arma 3 assets already have ton a of usable assets.

akai, on 03 Nov 2016 - 01:36, said:

Hello, congratulations for your work. It's nice to play Arma in CQC, since arma 3 ussualy tends to play with longer distances.

Now some feedback

1)Would be nice the posibility to have to different skins for the clouds and the flames, untill the propper models are done, you can use Opfor of one team and bluforce for the other team.

2)Hardcore mode servers, without any visual help and crosshair

I will keep playing and reporthing my thoughts.

Soldier models to differentiate class, skins to differentiate faction. I would love to see this as sometimes I get confused and cant immediately see if a soldier is friendly or hostile, despite the UI. Would also love to see what the artists come up with. ^^

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

While I appreciate direction indicator, it's UI element is overly large (as is other UI elememts also)

Nightmare515, on 03 Nov 2016 - 14:48, said:

Soldier models to differentiate class, skins to differentiate faction. I would love to see this as sometimes I get confused and cant immediately see if a soldier is friendly or hostile, despite the UI. Would also love to see what the artists come up with. ^^

Hey Night, long time no see. ;) Let me offer some answer to your and akai's comments about skins. Since we would like to add customisation at some point in the future, we expect that players will be eventually able to tailor their look by selecting various uniforms and pieces of gear. That's why we don't differentiate teams now, because it won't work like that when customisation is in. It also fits the idea of depicting clashes of mercenaries, or PMCs. However for now, we try to pick equipment to at least slightly reflect the durability of the classes: Riflemen and Grenadiers have heavy vests, so they wear helmets to emphasise that a bit more, whereas Marksmen lack any protection, so their look is also lightweight.

• Like 2

onedigita, on 03 Nov 2016 - 00:35, said:

First off just wanted to say how pleased i am with this release and I can see how it will open the doors to lots of new arma adventures.

I have a bunch of ideas:

1. I would really like the ability to move my gun from high low position ...

Some of these ideas are good and some bad.

Like the points 5 and 8. Implementation would be like making another Counter Strike.

However I really like the idea of healing and FAKs. I would really love to see that in game.

Thoughts & Ideas - Project Argo (Prototype)

After I played Project Argo for already 9 hours I see huge potential for it to become a nice Competitive Shooter. The missions are well designed and the possibilitys to capture an objective are endless.

In my opinion Clash is the best game mode, because it combines skill (Weapon Handling) with the need to think tactically. You cant just run to the objective and try to capture it, you have to work with your Teammates. I have some ideas how, in my opinion, the game mode could be even better.

Clash Ideas:

• Maybe have 2 different difficulty settings. Normal could have all HUD Parts in it (With the Crosshair  and the ammo count) and Hard or Hardcore could maybe be the game mode where you really have to follow your Instincts because you would have no Crosshair or ammo counts.
  • Weapon classes: Maybe have Weapon Classes that can be modified by your self. You could add new weapons, maybe take some more from Arma. It would be nice if there would be some more scopes for the existing Weapons.
  • Maybe Reduce the time by 2 Minutes, it would force the attacking team to act faster and think more tactically, to execute a good Attack all in all it would change the pace of the game a little bit

Link:

• In my eyes it´s more like a Team Deathmatch mode. It is just to easy to kill someone, there is no teamplay everyone fights for them self. Take the example of the MX: You spawn in -> You run to one of the 3 Objectives that you have to capture -> You run to Objective M you see an enemy, align your Crosshair and shoot... If you shoot the enemy first it is nearly 90% guaranteed that you will kill him, without giving the enemy a chance to react. I guess there is some balancing needed 

Raid:

This game mode reminds me somehow of Rainbow Six,

• Haven´t played it  enough to give a opinion on that but I will make a post about this later. 

General:

• Maybe add a Competitive Rank system like in CS or H1Z1 where you can play with people with your Skill Level
  • Use the Units system from Arma to make premade Teams, to clash against each other. With is it is easier to organise Tournaments. (Example: Faceit CS)
  • Use the Steam Friends list so people could play in a lobby together.

Thees are just a few ideas, with or without them is game is already really good. To be honest most of the games if´ve played that are in a Prototype satge arent as far as good as this game is.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading this.

With kind regards,

Niklas Schinzel

• Like 1

Hi , I have a problem , I go to the server and gives a black screen , reinstalling the game does not help , change the server does not help .
MUHDoHr1LtO3Mx5EA3UzWxUjC-os6hpPirdUjz7g

You can do that, look for "Use default action" in controls options. :)

Thanks but I already rebinded it, it doesn't work for the objectives, I'm forced to use the spacebar to interact with objectives and airdrops.

Hello there

I was playing a3 with Trinus Gyre and Track IR (at a very low resolution) and it was epic.

Now, with a Rift, I can see a low fidelity Arma (or spin off becoming a thing)

Also, there are ways around sickness (ie a helmet or cockpit) and most people overcome this and get their VR legs regardless.

I can see a VR spin off of A3 working very well. (albeit with the fidelity of A2 or A1)

I hope BI go down this route with a milsimesque game at some stage.

As to Argo, I think its an interesting venture, probably not for me at the moment though but I can see why they've done it.

Rgds

LoK

While I appreciate direction indicator, it's UI element is overly large (as is other UI elememts also)

Hi peegee, could you please share a screenshot with us so we can check it? The picture of HUD will work best, thanks! :)

• Like 1

Now I understand. :) Thank you for pointing it out, I'll pass the feedback and we'll look onto that.

If hit markers do make it in (I really don't want them to) they should be implemented like Rainbow Six Siege. You only see hit markers when shooting friendly and on the kill shot.

VR, not worth the time in my opinion. In addition to the other stated reasons, it's a fairly small percentage of players. I'm saying this as an oculus owner.

• Like 1

The folder is named Project Argo (Prototype)

You still have to download it though, files are different than A3 (mostly)

• Like 1