almanzo

Feedback Thread

So, ive been playing the new update a lot lately. 

I am questioning if the m18 and mk18 adr should be in the assault rifle category. Having them in the ar category means they have acces to silencers but they still shoot verry acurayely out to 6-7-800m

I mostly snipe, and it feels cheaty atm most of the time when i engage the target has no clue as to where i am shooting from, if I kill my target his teammates have no idea of where the fire was from. 

TLDR: silencers on 7.62 should not be a thing. 

On 16/05/2017 at 11:17 AM, Zack van Ghent said:

Will there be weapon skins in the future (or is there any plan for skins). I am not expecting skins like those in Call Of Duty but more military skins like Hex camo, Navy camo Etc.

Hi, we already have some camo options for certain weapons, maybe you haven't unlocked them yet, but they are there :)

Yeah, I see your point. Actually when you begin the game you have to face enemy with better equippment. It's a bit hard on the start, but once you get your first rifles assault it's far better, even though the same may happen after when players get even bigger ones (kevlars and stuff ?? Still wonder if he gives you better defence and life points, I haven't experienced yet).

Putting a balance systeme based on differents soldiers equippement would be great (such the one as in "War Thunder").

Still, I think we aren't enough players to make such an autobalance system being really efficient so far.

• Like 1

Firstly some feedback.

A group of us have been playing Argo since it came out. So impressed that we hired a server to run it for us. Link tended to be the favorite. However after 0.76 came out, we played one round & didn't go back to it again, just played Raid & Clash. Sorry guys but it is flat and lost the fun & pressure in the original. Milling around in the circle after capture of M is just pointless.

While I see the point of unlocks & custom loadouts for Official Servers, it leaves Private Servers like ours with very dull & restricted loadouts. We are also in Australia & the nearest Official Servers are in the USA, some 200+ ping away. How about allow Private Servers to have access to everything so we can try it all out before settling on unlocks on the Official Servers? It would also allow Private Servers to have variation. The previous system of differing examples of each class of weapon for each map area made for a fun game with differing tactics depending on loadout.  Alternatively can I run/pay for an Official Server here in Australia? Unless there is a change to the loadout system for Private Servers the consensus in our group is to close our server & move on. Which is a pity because I think the game could be very very good and it was great fun before 0.76.

Some bugs (no screenshots or video unfortunately)(also cannot work out how to use your bugtracker system). 

Defending as Flames on La Trinite RAID, one person spawned on the roof of the wooden shack next to A. He walked off the roof with minor damage.

The following round we were attacking as Flames & he spawned on top of a two story building at the end of an alleyway behind me. Not sure which spawn point though. He sustained moderate damage stepping off the building.

Then playing Clash on (I think) La Rivere, 1 Clouds player spawned some 500m out of the area away from the target flag.

What I think about the update:
_ It's great to have LINK back in the game  with intensive action attack and defence features!
still, I need to get used with the new LINK rules and points system...so far we win/lost sometimes and I don't how
The previous LINK mod was clear enough and easy to understand, I liked the fact we could win the game by ending setting up MAIN NOD.

_SKILL tree: cool settings! it's clear and simple, just what is needed. The "training shot" option is very usefull as it load the map very fast and give your the opportunity to test your weapons on  targets at every range!

Other suggestion about the training camp: It would be even great if you could put some mobiles targets, with different difficulties system (some moving linearly, some moving with different tempo: acceleration and deceleration).

SKILL tree: here is something more essential we can talk about: I agree with Protz about the supressor features.

Honestly, I love using my LIM 85 + supressor on ennemy players >>> 200 bullets and they can't spot where the shot come from (well, more or less).

I'm shooting in my foot when I suggest you the re-balance the skill tree especially about the suppressor feature ^^ (*crying*...bye bye my loved supressor ;( )

Protz is right, and I would even go farther on this  point: the suppressor should be available only for assault rifles/ sub machine guns/ pistols, BUT NOT MG's and snipers.
Why ? Because you get really so much advantages with MG's considering their ammo load (you can kill 10-15 in a raw without reloading... 2-3 kill streak maximum with asssault rifles).
And sniper got the range and accuracy advantage, like MG's, I think those weapons should not be equipped with supressors.

Only pistols, sub machine guns, and assault rifles should keep the suppressor option.

Also some feedback to the Link Game mode:

The Main Node is still hard to "understand":

• there are 3 terminals on the main node, all are displaying the Upload/Download Progress, but you can only download it at the central pole (90% of new players don't get that, circle is letting you believe that this is the capture zone)
  • staying inside the main node to increase the progress: You don't see any indication about this. You only get it by reading the manual. (99% of the players don't get that) Sound or visual indication would be good here ("We are connected! Stay on the Terminal to maintain the upload speed!)".

Smaller nodes:

• Linking Node 1B and 1A gets you no xp, so you can leave it to others to intercept the enemy players faster (at least 50xp or so would be good for this).
  • Spawn killing, on link it is very easy to reach the enemy spawns and to "camp" them. 2 players waiting on each spawn is already enough to prevent the enemy team from advancing.

Teamkilling: The punishment of 500 points is to high, even on clash its only 350 points, considering that you make way more kills per round in closer engagements with more chaos as there is no clear front line, makes this very hard for beginners, and annoying for veterans.

In General I dont want to be to negative about this game mode, but it seems very hard to understand for some ppl, and that makes it difficult to enjoy it.

i think it would be good to see what other clans are out there 

i know i have a load of my clan members and friends of my clan who now play 

like me, Dr__Destrukto, Charlie_uk, TTM stinkypete TTM DonPietro, Ady, Trinity, Kurty, blackwolf plus a load more who have the game but only play when i invite them

it would be good to setup some inter clan matches too 

• Dynamics Weather and Time, when? Will there be a setting for Night mode? NVG / Flashlights?
    "There are no plans for dynamic weather or night missions." --Locklear

If not dynamic weather, maybe static weather easier to add (I mean during the entire game)? with map redesigned for it ?

I remember in OFP the FOG/rains system was pretty cool, especially for the ambient, and technically by forcing players to fight in closed combat

i guess at this time they want to get the core game running right before adding extra bits like weather, but a night time mission maybe worth a try

I am looking for quite some time at this game, and feel, there are not enough support-Videos for this...

hope it is ok, if I just added it to my channel:

though it is german, I think, you can see some nice gameplay (not of me, of course... I need more practice!)

• Like 2

hey phash i think you were on with me and a few of the lads the other night

hope you see you on again soon 

Coming back after link has been added:

Link: I'm not sure about the new rules. There is no advantage to actually trying to end the round early you cap M then go for as many kills as possible. It stops people playing tactically.

Skills: This is a big part I don't like for balance reasons, with no team balancing it easily becomes a turkey shoot. 1 guy with a fully auto DMR will nearly always win in a face to face fight. The way it looks is great! but its not going to be much fun for new players when they keep getting owned. I prefer if levelling up increased your variety of weapons not necessarily power. If things like DMR's have a handling disadvantage I'm not seeing it. Personally i preferred it with set load-outs at least everyone could have the OP kits then.

TK fines in hardcore: Not sure about this on one side its so fast paced on link its inevitable. Oddly its probably me being too used to using headgear as identification in Arma 3.

significant frame-rate drops (during contact): Game runs at a nice 50-60FPS (great in comparison to Arma) but I've noticed as you get into contact the FPS can plummet.

Hi everyone,

I've been playing Argo on and off since it was first announced and loved it from the start. I've just dipped back into it after seeing the notifications that it's due for release towards the end of June and I was also able to rope in some of my friends to give it a try too.

I was bitterly disappointed.

The weapon unlock system, makes the game inaccessible to new players. You start off with no armour, no grenades, no scopes/sights, and no good rifles. Yet you are up against players with all of those things, giving those who have been playing the game for any length of time a massive advantage. And the unlocks are not done on skill, they are purely down to the length of time played. As a 'new' player to the game, it's not fun anymore.

Personally, when Argo started out and the devs were testing the guns every couple of weeks, giving us all a fixed loadout of weapons, grenades and scopes, as players we had to choose the best loadout for our play style, safe in the knowledge that all the other players in the game had the same 5 choices to make. 

Playing last night on the maps that I remember well from the start of Project Argo I was not having fun, my friends were not having fun either. Yeah we got some kills, yeah we won a few rounds, but it wasn't fun. And surely the idea of Argo is that it should be fun? The only thing that destroyed the fun? Weapon unlocks. Most competitive FPS games don't use this stupid system of weapon unlocks. Those that do, have a massive marketing campaign and a disposable business with the next game only a year away (CoD I'm looking at you!). Counter Strike doesn't make you earn guns for play time, yes you have to buy them, but everyone in the game is in the same boat, After playing last night, we went off to play some Overwatch, it's not my cup of tea, I'd rather play something more 'real', but the balance of guns and equipment is done really well. A new player (to Overwatch) like myself was quickly able to get stuck in, swapping to different loadouts/characters when a different weapon/play style was required.

Please, please get rid of weapon unlocks. It's pointless, doesn't increase fun, and penalises new players - Argo will quickly die if it isn't welcoming new players and all your great effort will be wasted. I want to play Argo, but I don't want to have to put in hours of non-fun just to be able to be on a level playing field.

Thanks

• Like 2

On 2017-5-28 at 0:37 PM, INF_MIke64 said:

Skills: This is a big part I don't like for balance reasons, with no team balancing it easily becomes a turkey shoot. 1 guy with a fully auto DMR will nearly always win in a face to face fight. The way it looks is great! but its not going to be much fun for new players when they keep getting owned. I prefer if levelling up increased your variety of weapons not necessarily power. If things like DMR's have a handling disadvantage I'm not seeing it. Personally i preferred it with set load-outs at least everyone could have the OP kits then.

I've gone out of my way to head over to the forums to flag this. I installed yesterday as my colleague has been raving about Argo the past few months. We played all last night and I was heavily disappointed that a tactical shooter like this has gone down the route of Call of Duty - grind if you want to get any decent gear.

While this isn't, in the greater scheme of things, a bad design decision, with the sheer number of online shooters on the market vying for user's attention, creating a grindy barrier to entry just to get a scope or a powerful gun is absurd. As much as I love Arma, I will not be able to convince my friends to switch to Argo if their first 8 hours are being shot to pieces by people with scopes when you're trying to hit them with a weaker gun with only ironsights...

Please switch to unlockable cosmetics and allow access to all weapons to all users right from the getgo so those with more time on their hands have an unfair advantage to those that can only spare a few hours a week to play.

1 hour ago, 0xF3 said:

I've gone out of my way to head over to the forums to flag this. I installed yesterday as my colleague has been raving about Argo the past few months. We played all last night and I was heavily disappointed that a tactical shooter like this has gone down the route of Call of Duty - grind if you want to get any decent gear.

While this isn't, in the greater scheme of things, a bad design decision, with the sheer number of online shooters on the market vying for user's attention, creating a grindy barrier to entry just to get a scope or a powerful gun is absurd. As much as I love Arma, I will not be able to convince my friends to switch to Argo if their first 8 hours are being shot to pieces by people with scopes when you're trying to hit them with a weaker gun with only ironsights...

Please switch to unlockable cosmetics and allow access to all weapons to all users right from the getgo so those with more time on their hands have an unfair advantage to those that can only spare a few hours a week to play.

The player progression adds some motivation for playing, because there is something to strive for, even after tens or hundreds of matches. After the release of the game, there will be a system to help you pick a server with people on the similar level of progression, which should create more balanced matches. We also expect a certain influx of player, which will help this system to work as intended. The progression in general will also be slower than now, so the gaps between players will grow more slowly, too.

My reply to a similar comment in a different thread:

2 minutes ago, Locklear said:

The player progression adds some motivation for playing, because there is something to strive for, even after tens or hundreds of matches. After the release of the game, there will be a system to help you pick a server with people on the similar level of progression, which should create more balanced matches. We also expect a certain influx of player, which will help this system to work as intended. The progression in general will also be slower than now, so the gaps between players will grow more slowly, too.

I've been really looking forward to you guys releasing this properly on steam for a while now.  So now that the news finally came out, I figure, fuck yeah, I'll be able to find some games finally.  Found games all night long too.  Most players I've seen in argo in months.  But then I got really sad when I realized that argo is nowhere even remotely close to ready for it.  This is by far the buggiest release yet.  So far, I've seen the spawn bug return, uniforms bugging out in hardcore (Naked, wrong uniform, and surprisingly even uniforms that switch textures and models WHILE YOU'RE LOOKING AT THEM!!!), phasing through walls to shoot outside in mout raid, score handling bugs returning, skill tree bugs that grant you locked accessories, bugs in raid where random players can respawn until they win, broken slots (Incorrect server full message), guns randomly not firing... I probably should have made a list, I know I'm leaving some out.  Hardcore mode is completely worthless atm with the uniform bug, and the refreshed gamemode is locked to it. 

I really really like the direction of this game, and can't wait to get the DLC on steam to show you guys my support.  But FFS, this is the worst patch release yet.  It can't be anywhere even remotely close to this buggy on June 22, or it won't ever get off the ground.  Don't let us down, BIS.  I'm really ready for a siege replacement. 

1 hour ago, Locklear said:

But once that influx drops off, would that not mean that matchmaking of new starters will return to a similar situation to what I experienced yesterday? If seems like an artificial barrier to access decent weapons and equipment when it's based on "progression" - effectively just a grind or time sink as you will get there through simply just playing and sucking; no skill required. I feel that this will not draw gamers away from other competitive shooters like CSGO, OW, TF2, etc. If you find yourself on a desolate server with very few newstarters, you'll either give up or hop onto a server with higher ranked players with loadouts that simply trump yours. If this is my first few hours of play, and this is my experience, I'll switch back to my previous FPS of choice and give Argo a miss.

I'd personally rather see rank as more of a cosmetic - a badge of honour itself (see OW, TF2, etc), a way of instilling intimidation in lower ranked players and giving me a great sense of achievement when I smoke a player of far higher rank. Matchmaking should mostly ignore rank and look more towards a statistical analysis of the player themselves - their K/D, accuracy, etc, and build a matchmaking rank that is independent of level. Level should unlock cool cosmetics so you look more badass than other players but the core weaponry (what makes the game compelling to play in the first place; the Arma engine has long hosted the best firefights of any FPS) shouldn't be locked away behind a rank. If I've not experienced an ACOG and hate the ironsights, and I've no idea when I'll get a scope, or a decent rifle, or anything, what is compelling me to strive to unlock them? 10s or 100s more hours of stressful and boring gameplay before I get a feature that is standard in most other FPS shooters the moment you click start and a feature that many other players have "earned" by having more free time or a head start over me? And this is a tactical, skill-based shooter. How much time someone has played shouldn't give them an advantage over a new player who is a better shot or tactically better. Through a lens of fairness, it's not fun.

Ranked unlocks of gear is a poor mechanic - you're locking away the experience of the game and making it exclusive. Why? The purpose of a game is to provide the player with an experience and, in the realm of FPSs, there are plenty of great experiences to choose from. Locking away gear is locking away that experience with the hope that people will find the slimmed experience you leave behind compelling enough to unlock the rest of it. It's so crucial that new players get a full experience of the game; the fun on sniping someone 300+ meters away shouldn't be kept from them - many players will want to experience that first to make their decision on the game.

To stop experienced players from getting bored of the game and compelling them to keep playing, look for other ways to keep the game compelling. Rather than just have XP-based levelling, have a competitive/ranked match mode where people can be ranked globally - both individually but also as a team. Add amazing cosmetics you can only unlock if you achieve difficult things like 3 sniper kills in 6 seconds etc to further allow players to demonstrate their true achievements and skills. Allow characters above a certain rank to add a clan tag to their name... Allow players to earn medals for their "service" and pick their favourite one to show off next to their username on the scoreboard. Etc. Please don't tack on a feature to give higher ranked players a delayed gratification that impacts the initial experience of a new user.

I really do appreciate the AMAZING work you've put into this game. I wouldn't be here if I just wanted to rant and hate on your game. It's the opposite, I'm desperate to LOVE this game as it seems so close to being a perfect shooter. I _need_ a game like Argo. I fully respect if you guys continue with the plan of weapon upgrades and more powerful weapons behind a levelling system, and I also respect if you resort to allowing people to pay to unlock these upgrades (you're fully entitled to monetise your product the way you see fit so you guys can pay your mortgages!). I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you are able to excite the multiplayer FPS genre with your hard work. It's a beautiful game and the game modes and environments are exciting and a much welcome change from the plethora of CQC shooters out there at the moment. With my gripes aside, it does seem you've condensed what makes Arma a lot of fun and packaged it into a quick and accessible game whilst still innovating.

Hi there, my first post here, sorry if someone already pointed to this but search button isn't my friend...
Can we have a 6vs6 game instead of 5vs5?
I am asking for this because I did some competitive matches on different fps and we always play 6vs6.

6vs6 player is the most natural option to play fps in competitive mode because each squad has 3 sub-squads composed by 2 players, this is very important for tactics (cap a point, clear rooms, etc)

Sorry for my poor eng, I learned it by myself...

They've announced an editor on release, so I imagine we'll get to design our own gamemodes with more players. 

15 hours ago, 0xF3 said:

Your argument is based on a thought that the "true" experience from a game comes with an opportunity to use anything the game offers. I can understand the sentiment, but I quite cannot agree. :) Before we even could implement the skill tree, we had predefined loadouts in each scenario. It was fun, indeed, easy to get into, and it offered a small amount of variability. And it got boring very quickly, to be honest. Basically, there was nothing to play for. Since very early in the development of Argo, we knew we wanted to have this kind of player progression in the game, so players have some goals, something to look forward to. Another motivation for playing the game besides the game itself.

In Argo, the progress is more important than the actual max level. There is no end game like in MMORPGs, where you want to rush to the max level to get access to the arguably most important features of the game. Limiting your access to various pieces of gear allows you to try and use things you might not touch otherwise, so I'd even say it makes your game experience richer.

I understand the concerns about lower-level players playing with higher-level ones because of the gear differences, and we hope the matchmaking solves the majority of potential issues. However, gear does not equal skill, and its advantages vary depending on game mode and scenario layout. For example, sniper scopes won't help you that much in most Link maps; and all the weapons are basically equally lethal when its user aims for the head. I get the ranked system similar to other competitive multiplayer games would be an interesting addition, but to be honest, its out of the scope of the project. Let's not forget Argo is essentially a playground for a rather small team of developers to test ideas and hone skills. :)

Last but not least let me thank you for your ideas, concerns, and well-worded feedback in general, it's appreciated.

4 hours ago, Locklear said:

I understand the concerns about lower-level players playing with higher-level ones because of the gear differences, and we hope the matchmaking solves the majority of potential issues. However, gear does not equal skill, and its advantages vary depending on game mode and scenario layout. For example, sniper scopes won't help you that much in most Link maps; and all the weapons are basically equally lethal when its user aims for the head. I get the ranked system similar to other competitive multiplayer games would be an interesting addition, but to be honest, its out of the scope of the project. Let's not forget Argo is essentially a playground for a rather small team of developers to test ideas and hone skills. :)

Last but not least let me thank you for your ideas, concerns, and well-worded feedback in general, it's appreciated.

I personally haven't played Argo for any real length of time but i have enjoyed the challenge of killing the higher ranked players .... i think its always good to see you have killed players like Cobra85pt, bakemonoda71, ProTz, KronX, Yoshi_E and humbi plus a few others i know are good but not currently at the top of the leaders board

None of the top players moan about being killed nor do they rub it in your face when they kill you, if anything playing against higher players makes you step up your game and learn to play better .... 

I use a Level 1 gun and still kill them so the guns and gear difference doesn't make that much difference

@Locklear maybe someone at the dev team can make a quick video to explain to new players how the skill tree works and how to get the custom classes .....