• Announcements

• Jervant

Bohemia Store Steam Redeem   06/24/17

We started experiencing problems with the Steam redeem from our Store on Friday June 23rd.   For anyone that got affected by this, please go to your store account, after you select the product you purchased, you should see your steam key with a link to a how to article to activate it manually through Steam.   We apologize for the inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbilka

How to get actual position of player.

2 posts in this topic

​​Hi.

​Few years ago, I had created few complex MP scripted missions for OFP, ARMA, ARMA2 (in SQS later SQF).
Now I am trying to start doing something for TKOM. I have basic knowledge of VB, C# and little with C++.

​Questions:
​1) Is there any guide, information, which can help me better understand, how can I create missions (not via editor). Which objects and methods/functions are accessible locally, or which event handlers are used, and where definitions should be written.
​2) Is basic principe same, as it was in ARMA2, that you have LOCAL or GLOBAL "vehicles" and depending on "event", the same script file (or method/function?) is started/called on all machines ... , so you need to check every time, if you are "on server, on client, or serverclient"? just simple example would be nice.

For example, how can I in MP game, create something GLOBALY on position of just joined player?
​Something like on "player joined event" to call event/function to get position of that player ...and spawn crate at that position.

​Thanks for any information/guide/example, you can provide.

For example, I am able to trigger script from scenario file (TRIGGER_START>>>TRIGGER_LINK>>>EVENT_SCRIPT).
Then in that script file, I can use:
​Vehicle_Handler myObject = SpawnVehicle ("objDef.cfg", <playerPos>, false);
​
​<playerPos> should be "Vector" type, array[3]?
​How to get position of MP (joined) player, and where I can write my script to be triggered by this function?
 void OnNetPlayerJoin(NetPlayer player)
 {
 }
I tried this but not success yet:
vector mat3[4];
CGame game = GetGame();
NetPlayer localPlayer = game.GetLocalNetPlayer();
GetMatrix4(localPlayer, mat3);
​vector playerPosition = localPlayer.GetPosition();