firewill

A-10 Warthog Series Standalone

6 hours ago, firewill said:

5B7F2ADC1DCA4B5D3F15558BFCBF32D79E23C959

878657B08AACD802A85984A00062907BE5587F18

5E951B47F1C0A574FB29659584C4669BE8CFB9A2

7BA1025173C129CCFBCF42B418CE372E83E54363

Absolutely brilliant!! Will this be included in the next update?

Thanks!

Great job on the screen. by the way the little bug I posted on the end of the last page affects both A-10s. Not a deal-breaker by any means but annoying to be sure

On 2017. 2. 12. at 2:01 AM, nikiforos said:

Absolutely brilliant!! Will this be included in the next update?

Thanks!

will include next time.

On 2017. 2. 12. at 9:09 AM, Hvymtal said:

Great job on the screen. by the way the little bug I posted on the end of the last page affects both A-10s. Not a deal-breaker by any means but annoying to be sure

i thought any one not using that function.. and fixed.

Map Screen WIP (feat.PIP Magic)

spend many days and days with painkillers due to headache and finally success the made map display function.

-it's not 100% accurate the display.

-no rotate the map like real.

-very dirty look because PIP quality and map texture quality.

CBF829884E1CC5BFB4E14DF7703673533B4F41BE

1B8AD412625F45C819E413BBE000C56ADB8BC003
0EE219ED6814B26B1A33460076EA976944D86603

however, player can add the custom map screen in description.ext and config.cpp.

for example, i've add the tanoa data in custom mission's description.ext like below.

folder.jpg

classname is can get from WorldName command. and aws_mapsize is can get data using WorldSize command.

268EFC37C5840559D911497BFB03C724213FDFF09F861F907756422AE72F1F4C6FD4FCD94352D889

so, tanoa map is display on the screen.

• Like 6

That's going to be a nice update....have you tried the Commander's Tablet mod it does the map thing and has limited functions but in a separate window. Maybe with permission you can add a compatibility or build the aircraft portion directly into your mod?

So with PIP MFD's functional in the A-10, will you be able to port that over to your F-16 pack? 
Phenomenal work there, Firewill!

A-10 BETA5 updated

BETA 5
A-10C
- TGP Screen (WIP)
- Map Display (WIP)
- APKWS, GBU-54,CBU-105 integrated

*A-10C is new test bed for AWS Function/Weapon development with F-16.

• Like 3

TGP and MAP screen interaction?  Is it a custom user action or something?

Doh...Steam hasn't updated yet.. had me confused.  I'll get it on Armaholic for now.

19 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

TGP and MAP screen interaction?  Is it a custom user action or something?

useraction by magic mouse wheel.

Hello Firewill, 

Thank you for you for allowing me to retexture your mod, and an even bigger thank you for the mod itself it's great.

You can follow the progress on my texture here.

~Noilliz

Hey Firewill, great job on all of your aircraft, I have only recently found myself spending more and more time in jets but I have quickly become enamoured by your standalone series and I adore them all. I have a question however about the A-10 and it's map system, or rather, a couple.

From looking at your screenshots I take it that I need to actually import a map image into my mission (For example, Zargabad) so that I can call it as the map image in game? And then I need to find out the map size somehow. I managed to get the worldName command working (Though then I realised that I would probably need an image and not just a file name) but when I tried the same technique to get the world size, I couldn't get the game to return anything. I was wondering if you may be able to educate me a little as I would love to fly this bird with the working map but am struggling to grasp how I actually get the things I need to drop into my mission folder.

Many thanks for all your hard work!

7 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Hey Firewill, great job on all of your aircraft, I have only recently found myself spending more and more time in jets but I have quickly become enamoured by your standalone series and I adore them all. I have a question however about the A-10 and it's map system, or rather, a couple.

From looking at your screenshots I take it that I need to actually import a map image into my mission (For example, Zargabad) so that I can call it as the map image in game? And then I need to find out the map size somehow. I managed to get the worldName command working (Though then I realised that I would probably need an image and not just a file name) but when I tried the same technique to get the world size, I couldn't get the game to return anything. I was wondering if you may be able to educate me a little as I would love to fly this bird with the working map but am struggling to grasp how I actually get the things I need to drop into my mission folder.

Many thanks for all your hard work!

1. open eden editor

2. place the any player unit

3. press preview

4. press esc and find the debug console(in vanilla, mostly available editor preview or SP only)

5. input these code : mapname = worldName; mapsize = worldSize; hint format ["%1 %2",mapname,mapsize];  and press local exec button.

6. hint is will be appear, and remember what it is. for example, Stratis map name is "Stratis", mapsize is 8192.

7. make the map class in Description.ext like example above.

8. map texture is need to make your own. capture the map picture with Eden editor is useful. or find map image from google.

9. however, map texture size is must 2* size such as 2048*2048, 4096*4096. and file format is paa/jpg supported. if no have knowledge about make paa texture, jpg recommended.

10. place the map texture in mission folder, save the mission and play.

Thank you, very much, man!

I was actually reading about how to return values last night before I went to bed. I will give it a go thos evening and see what I can do, hopefully I can get it working.

Tha ks again, man!

I have been looking around for a fix, or it being mentioned anywhere else and couldn't find any, so excuse me if I'm stating the obvious.

The TGP MFD stays black when I try to enable it, even when playing with the PiP settings nothing changes, I am locking onto something.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, noilliz said:

I have been looking around for a fix, or it being mentioned anywhere else and couldn't find any, so excuse me if I'm stating the obvious.

The TGP MFD stays black when I try to enable it, even when playing with the PiP settings nothing changes, I am locking onto something.

Cheers

TGP MFD is need to "axis lock" in pilotcamera. make sure pilotcamera display like "AREA" or "POINT"

Just now, firewill said:

TGP MFD is need to "axis lock" in pilotcamera. make sure pilotcamera display like "AREA" or "POINT"

The issue is not that the camera does not open up, I lock it and then I use the scroll wheel. i do not get the message that the camera closes down.

Not sure what was going wrong, i have been having trouble with it for a few days, decided to make a video to show you and during the recording everyone works fine.

3 hours ago, noilliz said:

Not sure what was going wrong, i have been having trouble with it for a few days, decided to make a video to show you and during the recording everyone works fine.

I bet you are flying in advance mode...if yes, here is a workaround while ingame and in your A10c...go into your option and change it back to standard flight mode.... after doing that the TGP will work and you can switch it back to advance again if you wish and the TGP will still work thereafter.....to be honest if you fly airplanes in arma3 you dont really need to be in advance mode in my opiion. Hope that is the case

BTW if anyone else is having problems try re-downloading the latest FIR AWS for this mod, it fixed my non existant tgp screen and map now works too where it was just black before. 

Also amazing work on this mod man! Always love seeing people putting attention to detail in the cockpit and utilizing RTT screens, all we need now is BI to fix the PIP rendering so we can see beyond 1.5 km and have better fps. I don't know why they couldn't make pip render at its own distance so you can have the world object distance low but have a TGP viewing objects beyond this, or maybe some reduced rendering techniques for better performance.. we can only hope BI pays more attention to this.

4 hours ago, GADGET70 said:

I bet you are flying in advance mode...if yes, here is a workaround while ingame and in your A10c...go into your option and change it back to standard flight mode.... after doing that the TGP will work and you can switch it back to advance again if you wish and the TGP will still work thereafter.....to be honest if you fly airplanes in arma3 you dont really need to be in advance mode in my opiion. Hope that is the case

Yes, I do fly in the advanced flight model. I'll give it a go without it to see if that fixes it, thank you for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

BTW if anyone else is having problems try re-downloading the latest FIR AWS for this mod, it fixed my non existant tgp screen and map now works too where it was just black before. 

Also amazing work on this mod man! Always love seeing people putting attention to detail in the cockpit and utilizing RTT screens, all we need now is BI to fix the PIP rendering so we can see beyond 1.5 km and have better fps. I don't know why they couldn't make pip render at its own distance so you can have the world object distance low but have a TGP viewing objects beyond this, or maybe some reduced rendering techniques for better performance.. we can only hope BI pays more attention to this.

Already tried doing so, sadly didn't change anything. But i do agree with you 100% about the awesomeness about this mod. Keep it up Firewill we love it.

Hi Firewill.

Amazing job thus far on this A-10.  Loving the use of Kimi's HUD but I did have one question: Kimi's mod is also available with imperial units (kts and feet).  Can we switch the measurements as an option?

4 hours ago, Capt Soto said:

Hi Firewill.

Amazing job thus far on this A-10.  Loving the use of Kimi's HUD but I did have one question: Kimi's mod is also available with imperial units (kts and feet).  Can we switch the measurements as an option?

if make some replacement config, maybe can switch the measurement.

• Like 1

49EEF93C01ECCD36275BD835581DB4E0F95F7538

already A-10 had TGP display function, but its too buggy, fixed zoom and sensor mode.

and here, new MFD display is follow
- drivercamera view
- sensor mode like DTV/NV/FLIR
- zoom in/out

as you see, MFD and custom info display(left) is same.

• Like 7

778AE6DCFDDE8B09423450E31A5FFDFA82770FD8

2F73897A7825155FD26236F7C29B5A3D4295180F

one thing i found during test, mfd display is need to activate the driver cam left/right. well,i think that's not a important because driver cam info is useful for 3rd person usage and my MFD display is only for "Decoration"

• Like 2