Features:

30x30km

3 large islands, 3 small and a few tiny ones.

1 city with suburbs on island of Gamle Erik

1 Municipal airport in main city.

1 improvised landing strip

4-5 fishing villages.

100s of cabins, shelters and hunting/nature sites all over. (using as many enterable structures as possible)

10 marked mil locations and lots more unmarked. 

Race track.

Long Rally track.

Vehicle proving grounds.

Actual terrain from Norway.

Fictional country of Nordheim.

No mod dependancies.

100% custom terrain and road textures.

Retextured and nordified European A2 objects and vegetation.(long term, slow progress)

More info and media coming asap.

Biggest thanks to: TeTeT, Uro, Horriblegoat and Lappihuan. You guys are great and your help improves my mojo!

• Like 43

As I said earlier, Awesome, very natural looking :)

• Like 1

Looks amazing so far.....reminds me of the Highlands of Scotland, so naturally gets a big thumbs up from me.

Hope to catch one of yer streams, terrain building is fascinating stuff indeed. Best of luck.

• Like 2

Very nice indeed bludski !

Psst if you want some feedback, see signature and stop by to say hello :)

• Like 1

Those mountains are absolutely beautiful. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Beautiful, and the size of Altis....nice!

• Like 2

Very nice indeed bludski !

Psst if you want some feedback, see signature and stop by to say hello :)

I probably won't have time to stop by there but if you would like to help out, i have a discord..

Impressive visuals!

As a person who has less than zero knowledge in maps and map making; to me 4-5 million objects sounds like a lot. Due to the size comparison with Altis, how many objects does that have?

• Like 1

Impressive visuals!

As a person who has less than zero knowledge in maps and map making; to me 4-5 million objects sounds like a lot. Due to the size comparison with Altis, how many objects does that have?

3,5 mill or so on altis, which is almost a desert by comparison to the green northern maps i am trying to make.

My previous map had six million on the max and that was about a third of what was projected for just forests of that map.

• Like 1

Looks great. Its a shame the old project kind of fell apart, but I'm glad to see the spirit lives on. This looks like its going to be beautiful and even better than the last. I hope you go don't go too heavy on vegetation, as that was a problem before and some of us don't have the greatest of computers. Being so far north, big tundra-like spaces of low grass and plants would fit right in. Regardless, I look forward to hearing and seeing more of this project. You've definitely got an eye for making terrains.

• Like 1

Looks like perfect terrain for some highspeed jet flying weawing in and out between those gorgeous mountains  :) 

• Like 1

Looks like perfect terrain for some highspeed jet flying weawing in and out between those gorgeous mountains  :)

I suggest you take a look at some of the work in progress videos on my youtube :)

• Like 1

Looks great. Its a shame the old project kind of fell apart, but I'm glad to see the spirit lives on. This looks like its going to be beautiful and even better than the last. I hope you go don't go too heavy on vegetation, as that was a problem before and some of us don't have the greatest of computers. Being so far north, big tundra-like spaces of low grass and plants would fit right in. Regardless, I look forward to hearing and seeing more of this project. You've definitely got an eye for making terrains.

Thank you.

Exactly this reason is why i chose this region. I'm not sad at all the previous project had to end. I had mad fun making it. Just that the circumstances that led me to it were undocumented was a bit sad. They have been documented now :)

After having been in  production for about a week, this map is more finished in some respects than the other map ever was, simply due to this one having around six islands and some rocks and the other one had several hundred islands and that nasty coastline.

Compared to the other map that would have 3-4 fairy large cities, this one has only one city and 7-8 villages.

The previous map had 3-4000 roads and this one is pretty much covered now and only has about 350.

The tundra won't be completely accurate but this is due to gameplay concerns. There is no real cover on the tundra so i'm adding smaller bushes inf can blend in with and rocks and similar so inf won't stick out like red on white from the air. You can see some experiments on this on a few of the screenshots, but i've yet to come up with a setup i'm comfortable with.

Edit: lack town towns and urban areas won't mean it will be featureless beside nature. There are tons of research stations and defense installations in the actual region i intend to add, from ww2 atlantic wall parts to more modern things like the ones from my previous project.

• Like 1

Oh boy, those landscapes. <3

This is something unique you got there, can't wait to set foot on your terrain. ;)

• Like 1

Oh boy, those landscapes. <3

This is something unique you got there, can't wait to set foot on your terrain. ;)

Thank you! I can't wait to unleash you all on it either :)

Looks pretty cool dude, if you want help with ground textures let me know and I'd be more than happy to contribute.

• Like 3

Looks pretty cool dude, if you want help with ground textures let me know and I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Sent you a pm. I may need some help with some of that..

Here's what the map currently looks like. with altitudes, also showing what little remains of the basic terrain work.

I should have that done and the western side of the sat  painted to match the east,by the weekend.

dark spots in the sea indicates the bottom of the sea is yet to be made. Also some minor recolouring to do a few spots in the north.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/246962430157373090/8A4C097BE8CEC9D8F4FE4255C00475D85C91C3BE/

Beautiful terrain, Bludski.   I'll feel right at home on this map. :)   Appreciate your effort, knowing the commitment it takes to do these.

• Like 1

Very impressive! I'll be following this closely :D

Thanks. stay on this frequency for updates. You may have to find very high ground to read.

Beautiful terrain, Bludski.   I'll feel right at home on this map. :)   Appreciate your effort, knowing the commitment it takes to do these.

I'm trying to make this map look as close to my home as possible :)

• Like 1

Oh this is freaking splendid! The map looks so beautiful! Imma follow this and watch it closely everyday :D

Really good work man!

(I literally thought this was skyrim for a second, Nord... Great name though!)

• Like 2

Really good work man!

(I literally thought this was skyrim for a second, Nord... Great name though!)

Thank you. 

Nord is just a working title until i can come up with some actually good names or get some suggestions.

• Like 3

Very impressive. The textures are amazing! I was wondering if you could somehow adjust the lighting/brightness of the trees a bit. From a bird's eye view they really stand out and not in a good way. Would it be possible to alter their brightness a bit to help them blend in?

• Like 1

Trees will be tuned later. priority for the next few weeks is to get the map playable.

Very impressive. The textures are amazing! I was wondering if you could somehow adjust the lighting/brightness of the trees a bit. From a bird's eye view they really stand out and not in a good way. Would it be possible to alter their brightness a bit to help them blend in?

Really cool map, if I had aa shitton of time to waste on building making, i'D gladly help u.

Thanks guys. Trees will be further tweaked later. Priority for a while will be making the map playable and finish all the basics.

• Like 3