Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Spam and reporting

What happened to the "flag this post" option?  I found from the recent spam messages that I can't report them nor can I report the poster...

The report button is grayed out next to the MultiQuote button at the bottom right, you can send a report there with a brief detail of why you are reporting the user. I will be reporting as well.

they should just remove Chinese letter from the forums... its so annoying to see that Chinese idiot making new accounts everyday talking about some university scam... i have reported him 5 times already...  

• Like 2

I signed up last week and received my degree already! Problem is, the British University sent the degree in Chinese :huh:

• Like 1

Ah the report button actually works - I ASSUMED that since it was greyed out it was not clickable LOL

Reported 2 different spammers since waking up this morning. Worst day there`s been for a while with them.

Reported 2 different spammers since waking up this morning. Worst day there`s been for a while with them.

Yep, same here, and I am sitting here at home figuring out what Fort Knox gun safe I want to purchase, its taking time out of my research..... I hate spammers.....

I have been on these forums for quite long now and i never saw so many spams. The forum responsible at BI should really take it into account, it's a useless burden on the moderators.

• Like 3

Yep. The spammers have been pretty busy lately. They've been all over the boards.

I dont know about you, but I'm excited for all these new mods 

Any particular reason they are spamming? We aren't a mainstream game forum. I remember the i44 forums got spammed with something about kitchen ware a few years ago.

They spam simply because they can. Any forum, anywhere. It`s not like it`s specifically tailored to here, or the kind of people using the forum. It`s just junk posted wherever they can get into.

This thread really should be moved over to "General" or "Q&A", somewhere other than here....

Moving to the correct place ;)

I offered to help, but received no reply.  :(

If you interested in been a moderator please contact the Community Developer BohemiaBeck.

• Like 1

It's getting fairly consistent. I imagine it's quite a pain in the arse to manage the forums and keep the cockroaches out though. You can literally follow when the bots get in, rack up replies, and then start generating new threads.

I'm not the one trying to keep up with the little buggers though.

Thank you for the feedback and concern everyone, it is appreciated. IT is working towards a solution to the recent inundation of spam and we hope to have it solved soon.

• Like 2

Considering this is an English speaking forum, does it make any sense to have any other characters other then English in the forum,

aside what is allowed for code, and misc forum function such as symbols, code, ect,.?

From what i been seeing as others is most of the spam we have received here in the past month or so are mostly Asian characters.

You could have a filter of some sort that prevents any such characters other then English from being used.

Edit... lol right when i posted this, heres 4 threads popup in Chinese, wtf!

• Like 1

I'm afraid that, since this forum is based on Invision Power Board, that filtering Asian/Simplified Chinese characters will be of no use.

It will just show "????" instead of "垃圾邮件", and therefore more difficult for the moderating team to recognize spam and badly encoded posts.

Makes sense, guess as long as the mods can catch the spam, and members do their part and report it then it will be alright.

Does this forum require a CAPTCHA to register? I don't remember.

Does this forum require a CAPTCHA to register? I don't remember.

I dont remember but the guy is not a bot, its a person who is doing it.  

Are you sure ?

yeah if you look at this profile he spams 3 post with random numbers or letters, and then he moves on to create his own topics with his garbage... but the guy is so stupid he most likely doesn't even know what this forum is and that no one will fall for his scam. 

• Like 2